Inhalation with bronchitis, laryngitis - steam inhalations, nebulizer
In the treatment of bronchitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheobronchitis, bronchial asthma, acute, chronic, obstructive bronchitis in adults and children in the composition of complex therapy is very effective to use various inhalations of drugs, special solutions, medicinal herbs.
It is especially convenient to carry out inhalations with bronchitis using an ultrasonic inhaler - a nebulizer, a compressor inhaler, which in pharmacy networks have a wide choice.
The peculiarity of their use is that not all of them can use oily and herbal solutions, but only purified special pharmacy medicinal solutions or mineral water.
So, there are 2 ways of carrying out inhalations:
- With the help of special devices - inhalers, nebulizers (ultrasonic type, compressor, combined)
- Steam inhalations - with the help of a container and hot medicinal solution or with a kettle with a paper funnel, put on a teapot spout.
The main task of inhalation therapy in the treatment of diseases of the respiratory system:
- liquefaction of the larynx, pharynx, nose
- airway mucosa
- when using drugs - bronchodilator effect, expectorant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, decongestant
- improvement of blood supply and microcirculation of the mucosa - this helps in the early regeneration of tissues
Important! In the presence of inflammatory processes of purulent nature - angina, sinusitis, sinusitis, apply hot steam Inhalation is not possible, because in purulent processes, warming promotes faster growth of pathogenic microorganisms. Steam inhalations can be used only with prolonged runny nose, pharyngitis (without purulent foci), laryngitis.
Steam inhalation with bronchitis, laryngitis - pro and contra
There comes a cold, rainy weather, and most of the young children and weakened adults - catch a cold and catch a viral infection. As a result - a runny nose, sore throat, bronchitis, laryngitis and other respiratory diseases.
Steam inhalations are the oldest and most popular form of inhalation, but it should be used only on recommendations doctor, because in all cases the positive effect of their use will exceed the adverse consequences, because the:
- With inflammation of the respiratory tract, the vessels are dilated, that is, the outflow of blood is slowed, and the influx is increased, which is manifested by nasal congestion, swelling of the larynx, pharynx. Hot steam with inhalation moisturizes and warms the mucous membrane, which of course contributes to the liquefaction of mucus and its better separation, but, as a rule, not for long. As after heating, the vessels expand, which increases the swelling, loosening the mucosa.
- The heating and looseness of the inflamed tissues and mucous membrane in turn can provoke the multiplication of pathogenic bacteria and their penetration into the deeper parts of the respiratory system.
There are some rules - common for any inhalation, these are:
- Begin inhalation only after half an hour after physical exertion.
- The procedure should last at least 5-10 minutes, but not more.
- Do not inhale immediately after meals, preferably 1-2 hours after eating, it is natural to talk neither during inhalation, nor after it for half an hour. Also, immediately after the procedure, you can not drink or eat.
- With laryngitis, inhalation should be done through the mouth, and exhaled through the nose.
- Breathe should be as calm, free, not deep.
- Do not use inhalation with laryngitis, bronchitis over boiling medicinal solution.
- If you are prescribed several medicines for inhalation, the following rules should be observed:
- First, bronchodilators
- After 15 minutes, expectorants
- When the sputum is gone - antiseptic and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Steam inhalation with herbs, garlic, onions
It should be very careful when carrying out steam inhalations from medicinal herbs, essential oils, especially in children, since it is possible to develop allergic reactions, bronchospasm. People prone to allergies (pollinosis) and individual sensitivity to other irritants, apply herbs and essential oils for inhalations is not advisable, and even dangerous.
In conventional ultrasonic and compression inhalers, decoctions of herbs can not be used, however, in an inhaler, the Dolphin F1000 it is allowed to use them with the proviso that the broth will be pre-filtered well and use a sprayer Rapid Flay 2 »RF2.
- For steam inhalation with medicinal herbs, such as: chamomile, sage, St. John's wort, calendula, raspberry leaves, Ledum marsh, peppermint, leaves of mother-and-stepmother, leaves of eucalyptus, juniper, oregano, pine buds, you first have to make a decoction, give him half an hour, then add to the infusion of boiling water and pour the solution into a small capacity. Breathe should be covered with a large towel.
- You can use a teapot for steam inhalation, the water in which does not reach the beginning of the neck, but breathe directly over the neck of the kettle, putting on it a paper cone for inhaling medicinal vapors. Breathe should be exactly as usual, without taking too deep breaths.
- You can also add a little chopped garlic or onions to the inhalation solution. They contain many phytoncides, natural antiseptics, these are natural medicinal antimicrobial agents.
- Effective inhalation with saline solutions - 3 tbsp. tablespoons sea salt / liter of water. And also 1 hour. spoon of baking soda on a glass of boiling water.
- In the absence of allergies, essential oils can be used - pine oil, Altai and Himalayan cedar oil, eucalyptus oil, tea tree oil, juniper oil, thuya oil, but only 3-5 drops should be added glass of water.
Dry inhalation of sea salt
If in the stupa finely grind sea salt, heat it in a frying pan, then pour hot powder into a small container - you can also breathe over such salt powder, periodically mixing it. This dry salt inhalation is very effective for bronchitis and any cough.
Inhalation with a dry cough or cough with a viscous, difficult to separate sputum
- The collection includes: 15 grams of elderberry flowers, mullein flowers scepeter-like. Pour the floor with a liter of boiling water, insist an hour, filter.
- In the composition: 1 gram of thermopsis grass, 20 grams of primrose leaves, poured a glass of boiling water, insist hour, filter.
- In the composition: 10 grams of leaves of mother-and-stepmother, plantain, ledum, also filled with a glass of boiling water, insisted for an hour, filtered.
- In the composition: 25 grams of chamomile, the kidneys of pine, the floor is filled with a liter of boiling water, it is insisted for one hour, filtered.
- In the composition: 10 grams of chamomile, licorice, sage, eucalyptus leaf, string, calendula, pour the mixture with a glass of boiling water, leave in a thermos for 2 hours.
Inhalation with nebulizer for bronchitis
How to do inhalation with bronchitis? It is best to use nebulizers that create aerosols from medicines without raising the temperature of the solution. There are different models of such devices that differ in particle size in an aerosol cloud:
- Srednodispersny aerosol - it is used for inhalation in bronchitis, bronchial asthma, for the treatment of pneumonia. Particle size 2-4 microns, they are able to penetrate deeply into the lower respiratory tract, without lingering in the upper ones.
- Large-dispersed aerosol - used for tracheitis, laryngitis, for the treatment of common cold and pharyngitis. The particle size is 5-20 microns, so they do not penetrate into the deep parts of the respiratory system, but concentrate on the mucous upper tracts - trachea, nose, pharynx.
To date, ready-made dosage forms have proved to be well suited for inhalations with laryngitis or bronchitis alone at home under the recommendation of a doctor, if there is a home inhaler. Such means include:
- Inhalation by Lazalvan(Ambroxol) and Ambrobene
Lazolvan - a very effective tool, which includes hydrochloride Ambroxol, he Helps liquefy sputum, making it less viscous, which helps the bronchial mucosa rather from it get rid.
They are used for acute and chronic bronchitis for inhalations, for children over 6 years and for adults 3 ml for each inhalation 2 r / day, for children 2-6 years, 2 ml of solution, for children under 2 years, 1 ml.
To create an inhalation solution, the drug is diluted with saline 1/1, such inhalations can not be done more than 5 days, and also combine with taking antitussive drugs - Libexin, Codeine, Sinekod - instruction, Broncholitin and others. The use of Ambroxol is more effective than Ambrobene, and both drugs improve the absorption of antibiotics.
- Inhalation with mineral water
Weakly alkaline waters such as Borjomi, Narzan moisturize the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract from the oropharynx to the smallest bronchi, dilute the bronchial secretion and soften the catarrhal phenomena, so they are well used for inhalations in bronchitis and children, and adults. To make 1 inhalation, you do not need 4 ml mineral water, you can do the procedure 4 times a day.
- Inhalation ACS Injection and Fluimucil
It is used when the sputum is removed from the lower respiratory tract, to facilitate the departure of the mucous secretion in the upper respiratory tract. Dosages for babies 2-6 years 1-2 ml. 1-2 r / day, children 6-12 years - 2 ml., Over 12 years and adults 3 ml of ATSTS solution for 1 inhalation, also 2 times a day. Dilute the drug should be 1/1 with saline, do not inhale for more than 10 days.
- Chlorophyllitis inhalations
To make inhalation with this drug, use its 1% solution, and dilute 1/10 with saline solution. It is an extract of eucalyptus, which has unique antiseptic properties. For inhalation take 3 ml. diluted solution, make inhalation 3 r / day.
- Rhotokan Inhalations
This anti-inflammatory drug, based on extracts of chamomile, calendula and yarrow, It is used as an inhalation for laryngitis, bronchitis, acute diseases of upper and middle respiratory tract. To make inhalation, you should dilute the medicine 1/40 (1 ml. solution and 40 ml. saline solution), then 3 times a day, inhalation 4 ml. of the resulting mixture.
- Inhalation Tonsilgon H and extract of calendula
Tonsilgon is also a homeopathic drug, it can also be used for inhalation with laryngitis. The extract of calendula can be added to steam inhalation or through a nebulizer, diluting 1/40 with saline.
Inhalation with nebulizer for obstructive bronchitis
Inhalations with such bronchitis can not be carried out with medicinal plants and other plant components, as well as essential oils, since most often obstructive bronchitis is allergic and excessive allergization will only aggravate the bronchial condition, increase swelling and spasm. Therefore, inhalations with mineral water, soda, salt inhalations and with special bronchodilator drugs, the dosage, the multiplicity of procedures should indicate the treating doctor.
- Inhalation by Berodualbronchodilator. Berodual for inhalations, for today is the most popular and very effective means with minimal he warns of suffocation in bronchial obstruction during an infectious disease or asthmatic of an attack.
- Inhalation by Berotek. This drug is used to eliminate bouts of bronchial asthma, as well as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The time between inhalations should not be less than four hours.
- Salbutamol- Analogues Salgim, Nebula, Ventolin exists in the form of pocket inhalers, and also in the form of a solution for a home inhaler. It is used for relief of asthma attacks in emergency cases in children and adults, but it is much inferior to Berotek in effectiveness.
- Atrovent -this drug is less effective than salbutamol and Berotek, but it is the most safe, therefore inhalation with it can be given to children in case of obstructive bronchitis, but only on the recommendation of a doctor. The effect of the action becomes maximum after an hour and lasts 6 hours.
After inhalation, a person should sit quietly for a while, it is better to lie down, and also there should not be any sharp changes in air temperatures, drafts, open windows, and definitely can not go out immediately after procedures.
List of effective medications for inhalation in bronchitis
The use of drugs for inhalation with bronchitis of various forms, pharyngitis, laryngitis and other diseases is usually the main component of complex therapy. Such drugs effectively eliminate the symptoms of the disease. Inhalations are made with the use of special medicinal solutions, preparations and medicinal herbs.
In particular, it is convenient to conduct similar procedures for bronchitis with an ultrasonic inhaler - a nebulizer. You can buy such a device in almost any pharmacy.
The peculiarity of the compressor nebulizer is that it is not always possible to use solutions based on oils or herbs when using it. This should be taken into account when choosing a particular model. Usually for inhalations a nebulizer uses pharmacy solutions and various mineral waters.
Methods of treatment
You can do inhalations in 2 ways: nebulizers, which are ultrasonic, compressor and combined, or with the help of steam. The latter type involves the use of a container with a hot medical solution or a teapot with a special paper funnel, which is put on its spout for inhaling the therapeutic couple.
The main tasks of this method of treatment of bronchitis are:
- dilution of discharge sputum;
- expectorant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory action (with the use of special medicines);
- moisturizing the mucous membrane;
- Improve circulation to accelerate tissue regeneration.
It should be noted that when purulent-inflammatory processes caused by angina, sinusitis or sinusitis, do Inhalation with hot steam is impossible, otherwise you can provoke active multiplication of pathogens microorganisms.
Steam inhalations are suitable only for long-term laryngitis, pharyngitis without purulent inflammation and runny nose.
Tips for carrying out inhalations
In the case of bronchitis, there are general rules for the implementation of such procedures. You can start inhalation 30 minutes after exercise. The session should not exceed 10 minutes. It is not recommended to perform inhalation procedures after meals, you should wait 1-2 hours. During the session, you should not talk and laugh. After it, rest is recommended for 30 minutes. After inhalation, do not eat or drink for about 30 minutes.
On average, one procedure takes about 5-10 minutes. During the session, the patient should make inhalations and exhalations as calmly as possible, shallow and free.
With bronchitis, it is forbidden to make steam inhalations with too hot a medical solution.If the doctor has prescribed several medicines at once, the following rules should be followed:
- first take drugs that dilate the bronchi;
- after 15 minutes, use expectorants;
- after sputum withdrawal take anti-inflammatory and antibiotics.
Inhalation with herbs, onions and garlic
As a rule, ultrasonic and compression inhalers are not intended for the use of decoctions, but there are such models that allow their use. The main thing that the broth was well filtered.
With this disease, you need to be careful when making steam inhalations based on herbs and plants, especially if it concerns the treatment of bronchitis in children. They can cause allergic reactions and provoke spasm of the bronchi. People prone to allergies or having an individual intolerance to certain irritants should not use medicinal herbs and oils as a therapeutic composition for inhalations. It may be dangerous.
You can make steam inhalations with decoction of chamomile, calendula, peppermint, eucalyptus, pine buds and other herbs. In order to prepare the broth, you need to fill the plant with boiling water and allow to stand for 30 minutes, then dilute the infusion with boiling water and pour into the inhalation container. You can pour the broth into a saucepan and breathe the steam, covering your head with a towel.
You can conduct steam inhalation with a conventional kettle. The solution should not reach the tip of the spout. Inhale the steam directly over the teapot spout, after having worn a paper funnel on it. It is necessary to breathe calmly, without sharp and deep breaths.
In the solution can be added chopped garlic or onions. These products contain phytoncides, which are natural antiseptics and perfectly destroy microbes.
Good results are shown by inhalation treatment with saline. To do this, take 3 tablespoons of natural sea salt and 1 liter of pure water.
If the patient does not have an allergy, he can make a solution for inhalation with essential oil (eucalyptus, tea tree, juniper and others). In a glass of water, you need to add 3-5 drops of oil.
Other popular inhalation methods for bronchitis
Treatment with saline inhalations for bronchitis is quite effective. For inhalation take natural sea salt, grind it and heat it in a frying pan. After that, pour the hot salt into the container and, periodically mixing the salt composition, breathe over it. This method helps to eliminate the symptoms of bronchitis and other types of cough.
In the presence of a dry cough or cough with viscous sputum, you can use the collection of herbs, from which the formulation for inhalation is prepared. For preparation take elderberry and mullein scepeter-like. Herbs are poured, l boiled water and allowed to stand for 1 hour, then filter well.
Thermopsis and leaves of the primrose can be used for the solution. Dry plants are poured with boiling water and insist for about an hour, after which they carefully filter.
Very effectively eliminates the symptoms of bronchitis composition of psyllium, leaves of mother-and-stepmother and ledum. Plants are first poured with boiling water, and then they are allowed to infuse and filter.
No less effective are inhalations with the following composition: chamomile and pine buds. Herbs are poured with boiling water, insist and filter.
Before treatment with folk remedies, one should consult a doctor and start inhalation only after his approval.
Solutions for nebulizer
Despite the effectiveness of steam inhalations, it is better to do them with bronchitis using a nebulizer. At present, this device has proven itself well. In addition, for its use in the pharmacy they sell ready-made medicinal solutions that are easy to use for diseases such as bronchitis. Procedures can be done at home on their own.
What means are suitable for inhalation with a nebulizer for bronchitis? The most commonly prescribed patients are Lazolvan and Ambrobene. In the composition of the first drug is hydrochloride ambroksola. Lazolvan is considered to be one of the most effective drugs, as it promotes liquefaction and excretion of viscous sputum, relieving bronchi from it.
These medications are indicated for bronchitis. They can be used as inhalants for young children under 2 years and adults..
To make a solution, it is necessary to dilute the drug in physiological saline according to the instructions. Inhalation should not be done more than 5 days or combined with antitussive drugs, for example, Codeine or Sinekodom. Reception Lazolvana more effective than Ambrobene, while both drugs improve the absorption of antibacterial agents.
ATSTS and Fluimutsil are used for poor sputum discharge. They are allowed for children older than 2 years, but they should be taken according to the dosage specified in the instructions. Adult inhalations are made from 3 ml of the drug (per procedure) and the same amount of saline twice daily. The course of treatment with such inhalations should not exceed 10 days.
In bronchitis, inhalations with mineral waters (Borjomi or Narzan) have a good effect. They dilute sputum and moisturize the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract. In addition, they can be used not only by adults, but also by children in the absence of contraindications. For one inhalation, mineral water without gas (4 ml) is required, it is necessary to conduct 4 treatment sessions per day..
You can do inhalation with Chlorophyllipt. To do this, take a 1% solution of the drug and dilute with saline. This medicine based on eucalyptus has amazing antiseptic properties.
Whichever solution and method inhalations are carried out, it should be remembered that they can be done only after agreeing treatment with the doctor. In this case, the symptoms of bronchitis will pass faster and without harm to health.
How and when to do inhalation with bronchitisPoor environmental conditions in large cities and industrial centers, air pollution with exhaust fumes, passive smoking, allergic reactions - all this led to an increase in bronchopulmonary diseases in children and adults.
Constant irritation and inflammation of the bronchial mucosa leads to the development of chronic or obstructive bronchitis, which provokes attacks of a severely excruciating cough. Inhalation with bronchitis is the most effective and safe way to get rid of cough and reduce inflammation in the bronchi.
Treatment of bronchitis with inhalation
Inhalation is one of the most effective methods of treatment of acute, chronic and obstructive bronchitis. The therapeutic effect of inhalation is provided by direct exposure to the inflammatory focus - the mucous membrane of the bronchi, biologically active or medicinal substances.
They have the following curative effects:
- Broncholic impact.
Inhalation with bronchitis reduces the viscosity of phlegm, rupturing the bonds between molecules and facilitates its excretion from the bronchi, except Moreover, the active substances fall into the interior of the mucous membrane, reducing the inflammatory process and affecting the nerve endings bronchi. This helps to remove the edema and spasm of the bronchial tree, expand the airways, increase the flow of oxygen into the blood and the removal of carbon dioxide from the lungs.
Types of inhalation
There are several main types of medical inhalations:
- Steam - the therapeutic effect of the vapor, which transfers therapeutic substances from solutions, by inhalation of hot air, inside the bronchi. They reduce irritation of the mucosa, increase blood circulation in the bronchi, improve metabolism, help restore the integrity of the mucosa and sputum discharge. For steam inhalations it is better to use volatile substances - essential oils or decoctions of medicinal plants.
- Teplyvladnye - the most widespread form of inhalation, here the effect on the mucosa is simultaneously high temperature and steam. They eliminate dryness and irritation of the mucous membrane, dilute and contribute to the sputum, and also increase blood circulation and metabolism in the bronchi. They use solutions of medicinal herbs, mineral salts, antibiotics, mucolytics, hormones, sulfonamides and other medicines.
- Wet - allow you to introduce a suspension of aerosols inside the bronchi. They are used when it is impossible to use more effective steam and heat-and-moisture inhalations. With their help, bronchioles are injected with solutions of bronchodilators, painkillers, hormones, enzymes or antibiotics.
- Oily - used less often - they are used to create a protective film on the mucosa, preventing harmful effects of chemical and mechanical stimuli or in preventive purposes.
The use of inhalations in a child
Inhalations are widely used in the treatment of chronic and obstructive bronchitis in children of the first years life, but it is necessary to conduct such procedures only after consultation with the attending physician and with a large caution. The best choice for such treatment in children, pediatricians consider the use of a nebulizer.
Rules of inhalation in children:
- With acute and obstructive bronchitis, the drug must be inhaled through the mouth, and with diseases of the nose and sinuses - through the nose.
- Bring inhalation is recommended 1-2 hours after meals, and after the procedure, within an hour not allow the child to talk, drink and eat.
- The duration of the procedure depends on the age of the child: for children under 3 years of age it should not exceed 3 minutes, from 3 to 7 years - 3-7 minutes and over 7 years - 5-10 minutes.
- Inhalations can not be done with an increase in body temperature above 3, degrees, severe general condition of the child or purulent processes in the lungs and bronchi.
Solutions for inhalation
For inhalation use decoctions and infusions of medicinal herbs, antibiotics, mucolytics, aromatic oils and other substances with therapeutic effects.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics - are used when using a nebulizer:
- 4% gentamicin - used for chronic bronchitis, for 1 procedure use 2 ml of gentamicin, dissolved in 3 ml of 9% saline.
- ,% dioxidin - a broad-spectrum anti-inflammatory drug - 5 ml of substance per 1 exposure
- interferon - an antiviral drug that increases immunity - 1 ampoule of dry powder is diluted in 5 ml of 9% saline.
- fluimucil - an antibiotic with a wide spectrum of action - 1 bottle of powder is required for 1 inhalation, dissolved in 5 ml of saline.
- Mucolytics - drugs that dilute sputum and help her expectoration. Applied with dry painful cough, contraindicated with a damp cough and expectoration of sputum:
- lazolvan - the powder is mixed with saline solution in the ratio for 1 inhalation 2-3 ml is needed.
- atrovent - is used only for chronic obstructive bronchitis, is issued in vials of 20 ml, for 1 inhalation 2-3 ml is used.
Any of these remedies should only be used for the doctor's prescription and for strict indications.
Inhalation with nebulizer
Inhalation with bronchitis is most conveniently performed with a nebulizer. It allows you to quickly and easily turn the liquid into an aerosol that easily penetrates the patient's airways.
Types of nebulizers:
- Ultrasound - well suited to affect the nasopharynx, trachea and bronchi.
- Compression - will ensure the penetration of the drug into the bronchi and alveoli.
- Electron-mesh is the most powerful nebulizer, it allows you to reach the lowest of the lungs and is particularly recommended for use in the treatment of children, as it works at any angle tilt.
Different methods of inhalation
It is not always possible to use the nebulizer if necessary to inhale the children and adults, in this case, you can use such methods and recipes of traditional medicine for treatment bronchitis.
- Inhalation with bronchitis using a paper funnel, put on a teapot with a hot solution.
- Above the tank with a hot solution - just bend over a deep bowl or cup, covered with a thick towel or coverlet, so that hot air does not spread through the room. This kind of inhalation should be done with extreme caution, so as not to burn your face and mucous membranes, especially in children.
At home, you can use the following substances:
- Soda solution - use warm mineral water (Borjomi, Essentuki, etc.) or, a spoonful of soda into a glass of warm water.
- Inhalation with bronchitis with saline solution
- Essential oils are especially effective in coniferous trees, eucalyptus, tea tree or citrus. For inhalation, add 3-5 drops of any oil or mixture of oils to a glass of water.
- Medicinal herbs - 2 tbsp. spoons of dry herbs on a glass of boiling water, most often used broths of chamomile, sage, mother and stepmothers, oregano, breastfeeding.
In the treatment it is impossible to be limited only to inhalation - the treatment of bronchitis should be comprehensive and necessarily include measures to prevent catarrhal and viral diseases.
How to cure bronchitis with antibiotics: a list of the best drugs
Bronchitis is an inflammatory process that develops in the bronchi. There may be several types, each of which has a distinctive symptomatology and specific treatment that the doctor should appoint. Remember that self-medication of such a serious disease as bronchitis, at home is just dangerous!
Types and symptomsThe considered inflammatory process can proceed in the following forms:
- purulent- The sputum, allocated at a cough, contains in itself an admixture of pus; For more information on how to treat purulent bronchitis in adults, read the article.
- purulent-serous- characterized by the release of specific sputum, differing in gray and the presence of "fibers" / inclusions of pus;
- fibrinous- phlegm in the patient is very viscous and dense, poorly separated, which provokes a narrowing of the lumen of the bronchus and, as a consequence, attacks of bronchospasm;
- hemorrhagic- The inflammatory process affects the blood vessels, thinens their walls and the blood gets into the sputum;
- catarrhal- the most common form of bronchitis, characterized by the accumulation of a large amount of mucus in the upper parts of the bronchi.
As the treatment of chronic bronchitis with antibiotics is worth reading for information in this article.
Whether it is possible to breathe over a potato at a bronchitis it is specified in clause here: http://prolor.ru/g/lechenie/stoit-dyshat-nad-kartoshkoj-pri-prostude-kashle.html
This disease can have a different course:
- acute bronchitis- always begins suddenly, accompanied by pain in the chest (even with deep breathing), paroxysmal coughing and fever;
- Chronical bronchitis- is a consequence of an untreated acute form, has all of the above main symptoms bronchitis, but in a less pronounced form, and hyperthermia (fever) can and does absent.
When examining the patient and carrying out the diagnosis, the doctor necessarily differentiates the bronchitis according to the functional sign:
- non-obstructive- narrowing of bronchi, sudden bronchospasm and stifling is not observed;
- obstructive- due to a large amount of viscous sputum or because of the anatomical features of the patient's body, there is a significant narrowing of the bronchial lumen. In this case, the patient complains of shortness of breath, attacks of suffocation, accompanied by a strained dry cough. And here's how to treat obstructive bronchitis in children, you can find out by reading this article.
Antibiotics for bronchitis
Only antibiotics contribute to the cure of bronchitis, the remaining funds only facilitate the patient's condition
Many, who noted the first symptoms of the disease in question, begin treatment of bronchitis propolis, soda, garlic and other folk remedies and usual tablets from a cough - it's in the bud wrong!Only antibacterial drugs (antibiotics) can relieve directly from inflammation and pathogenic microorganisms(bronchitis has an infectious etiology), and all other methods of treatment and remedies will only alleviate the condition of the patient. This does not mean that you need to immediately and unconditionally go through a course of antibiotic therapy - consultation a doctor will still be needed, but the antibiotic used most often for children with bronchitis is indicated in the article.
Important: with acute bronchitis antibiotics are not prescribed at all - this form of inflammation has viral etiology, and the drugs in question are absolutely useless in the fight for viruses.Antibiotics can be prescribed in tablets and injections, but most often the tablet form is used medicines - it allows you to go through the entire course of treatment on an outpatient basis, without the need to find hospital. Doctors may prescribe injections with antibacterial drugs in the following cases:
- the body temperature reaches the highest boundaries and keeps at this level for more than a day;
- there is pus in the phlegm;
- bronchospasm and severe dyspnea are observed.
In addition, antibiotics can also be used in inhalations with a nebulizer - this is generally considered to be the most effective method of treatment: the drug falls directly on the walls of the bronchi, affected by the inflammatory process and acts localized.
Antibiotics of the old generation
Augmentin - one of the popular means of the old generation
Most often in the treatment of bronchitis of different forms and types of doctors appointed penicillins - drugs of the old generation, but this did not become less effective. Recommended preparations:
RRecommended dosage: 625 mg per treatment. Such receptions per day should be 3 (every 8 hours).Importantly: penicillins give a very good effect, but more often the resistance of pathogenic bacteria that provoked bronchitis to these drugs is revealed.Therefore, the patient is prescribed a medicine, followed by monitoring the dynamics of the disease for 3 days) and in the absence of positive "shifts" the antibiotic is replaced by another, more effective.
If the patient has an individual intolerance and / or hypersensitivity to antibiotics of the penicillin series, macrolides are assigned to him. To such it is possible to carry:
They are produced most often in tablet form, so the dosage is calculated as follows: 1 tablet per reception, use should be done every 6-8 hours.
Modern antibioticsIn obstructive bronchitis, antibiotics of a new generation are appointed - cephalosporins, which are injected into the body only by injection - intramuscularly or intravenously (in especially severe cases). These include:
Please note: the exact dosage should be prescribed by the attending physician - it will depend on the severity of the course of the disease, the general condition of the patient, the "neglect" of the inflammatory process.
If a patient has previously been diagnosed with chronic bronchitis, then at the first signs of his exacerbation take fluoroquinolones - broad-spectrum antibiotics, identical to cephalosporins, but more soft / gentle. The most commonly prescribed are:
It is recommended to treat with a short seven-day course, injecting any of the above medications intramuscularly twice a day.What amount of the drug is needed for one injection, only a doctor can determine - in this case, it is unreasonable to make a decision independently.
The chronic form of bronchitis is always and certainly treated with antibiotics - they will help "drive" the inflammatory process into the stage of long-term remission.
Antibiotics and nebulizer
Inhalation nebulizer is especially effective in bronchitis
To conduct inhalations with a nebulizer, antibiotics can also be used - the effect will be rendered almost immediately, because in this case the drug will act directed / localized and immediately after it hits the organism.Most often for this type of treatment is appointed Fluimucil - a drug that in its composition contains both antibacterial agent, and special for liquefaction of sputum.Produced antibiotic in the form of a powder - you need to take one package and dissolve in a small amount of sodium chloride (maximum 5 ml), and the resulting liquid is divided into two inhalations per day.
Inhalation Fluimutsilom most effective in purulent bronchitis, but can be prescribed for other types of inflammatory disease.
Indication / contraindications
Antibiotics are quite powerful medications that have categorical indications and contraindications.You can not thinklessly take antibacterial drugs - in most cases they are absolutely useless, but their negative effect on the work of the intestines, liver and kidneys can already have(the so-called side effects). For those who want to know in more detail how many days to drink antibiotics for bronchitis, you can learn from the article. Therefore, one should know clear indications for the appointment / use of antibiotics for the treatment of various forms / types of bronchitis:
- borderline high body temperature, which can not be reduced by usual antipyretic;
- purulent sputum content;
- developing bronchospasm;
- previously diagnosed chronic bronchitis.
It is strictly forbidden to prescribe to doctors or take antibiotics on their own:
- diseases of urinary system of severe course - renal failure / nephropathy;
- violations of the functionality of the liver - selectively, for example, with certain forms of hepatitis;
- ulcerative disease of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract (stomach / duodenum).
Important: it is necessary to exclude an allergic reaction to antibiotics - it can develop rapidly, which leads to anaphylactic shock and edema Quincke.
And notice: if the patient has already undergone treatment shortly before the development of bronchitis antibacterial drugs of any group, then these funds will be absolutely useless in the treatment any type of bronchitis.
If you ignore the symptoms of bronchitis, self-treatment, the abandonment of antibacterial drugs can develop quite serious complications of bronchitis:
- pneumonia and pneumothorax;
- bronchial asthma - especially dangerous in this regard, obstructive bronchitis;
- pulmonary hypertension;
- emphysema of the lungs;
- bronchiectatic disease.
Please note: acute bronchitis with properly conducted treatment is cured quickly enough, otherwise the form of the disease will certainly be replaced by a chronic one.
From this video you will learn about the proper treatment of chronic bronchitis:
Frequent recurrences of chronic bronchitis, prolonged obstructive, purulent and / or catarrhal appearance of the disease in question can lead to the development inflammation in other organs and body systems - as complications are considered otitis (acute / chronic), tonsillitis (compensated / decompensated).
How to use a nebulizer: a set of rules
Inhalations by a nebulizer allow the delivery of medicinal solutions to the lungs of a patient with various diseases of the respiratory tract.
This type of therapy is gaining popularity due to the fact that it can be used by patients of any age group with a small risk of side effects.
Inhalers nebulizers convert useful substances into aerosol and "dosed" deliver it to the lungs. They are used to treat a number of diseases of the respiratory system - rhinitis, sinusitis (including sinusitis), tonsillitis, asthma, bronchitis, etc.
The market for nebulizers for today is represented by quite a few models. If earlier inhalation therapy could be performed only on an outpatient basis or at home it was replaced A bowl of hot water and a diluted agent in it, now inhalations can be done at home in portable nebulizers.
How to use a nebulizer? How to properly do inhalations nebulizer? The principle of operation of compressor nebulizers is quite simple: air compression is used in inhalation therapy. Among this type of inhaler, the most popular models are the nebulizer microlife or ombron.
The nebulizer, by supplying compressed air, converts the drug into a polydisperse aerosol. The medicine turns into small particles - dust, which "envelops" the lungs.
Compressor nebulizersSpray the aerosol with air,ultrasonic- ultrasound,electron-mesh- convert medicinal solutions using low frequencies.
Read also "Inhalers for children."
It is important to know
Refuel the nebulizer immediately before inhalation!
Below is a set of rulesl on how to use a nebulizer:
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Top up the nebulizer with medicinal solution. To do this, use a pipette, a sterile syringe or a special cup. This all comes with a nebulizer.
- After refilling with medicinal solution, connect a face mask, mouthpiece and compressor to the nebulizer.
- Inhalation should be carried out until the moment when the medicine is over, it will take 7-10 minutes.
What drugs can be used for inhalations by a nebulizer, and which are strictly forbidden
Preparations for nebulizer use different - it all depends on which area of the respiratory tract requires treatment and how much the disease passes.
Preparations for bronchial dilatation. These include:
- Berotek. The active substance Beroteka Fenoterol helps to treat bronchitis and bronchial asthma during an exacerbation. Fenoterol for a maximum therapeutic effect is combined with Berodual.
- Steri-Neb SalamolorGen-salbutamolwith the active substance Salbutamol. Like Berotek, he treats bronchial diseases.
- M-cholinolytics, a representativeIpratropium bromide, in the pharmacy is presented under the nameAtrovent. He treats chronic bronchitis. Despite the fact that its effectiveness is lower than Beroteka and Salbutamol, Atrovent is popular due to the safety of the application.
- Magnesium sulfateon efficiency is inferior to the above listed drugs, but it is distinguished by a low price.
Preparations for liquefaction of sputum. They include:
- Lazolvan- this drug effectively fights against bronchial diseases, which are accompanied by sputum, therefore it is used for inflammation of the lungs, bronchitis, bronchial asthma, cystic fibrosis. If ARVI is accompanied by a sore throat and dry cough, then recommend Lazolvan.
- Fluimucilwith the active substance acetylcysteine. The active substance affects the components of the viscous secret, destroying them, which allows its rapid separation. If the sputum is purulent, then the drug will effectively eliminate it.
- A special place is occupied byinhalation with mineral water nebulizer. For this purpose, the mineral waters "Borjomi "Narzan" or any other slightly alkaline water are suitable. Inhalations with mineral water nebulizer are good for mild forms of bronchial and cold disease. Their therapeutic effect is due to the moistening of the mucous membrane, starting from the oropharynx and ending with the bronchi, which allows to dilute the viscous sputum and accelerate its release.
Aantibiotics. These include:
- FluimucilIs an antibiotic for angina with a combined composition. Acetylcysteine and thiamphenicol in the composition help this drug effectively fight bacteria that provoke respiratory diseases. Fluimucil is recommended for combating diseases of a bacterial nature through nebulizer inhalations - treatment of tonsillitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, cystic fibrosis. It can also be used as a prophylactic for postoperative pneumonia.
- Gentamicin 4%- this drug is presented in injection ampoules of 2 ml. Since it actively fights many pathogenic bacteria, it can also be used for inhalations. Gentamicin is recommended for the treatment of bronchitis at the stage of exacerbation, when the inflammatory process accompanies purulent discharge in the form of sputum, can also be used for diabetics.
- Dioxydin,% solutiona tool that has disinfectant properties, which allows its use to combat a wide range of pathogens. It is recommended for diseases of the bronchi accompanied by purulent processes - with bronchiectasis and abscesses. Dioxydin in ampoules and other form of release was recognized as a very effective drug in the treatment inflammatory processes of different localization, including tonsillitis, sinusitis and the use of dioxin at otitis. For about 30 years, Russian hospitals have been using this drug.
- FuracilinIt is known to us as a disinfectant. It is actively used not only for inhalations, but also for washing the nose with sinusitis. As a rule, it is used at the initial stage of catarrhal diseases, so that the inflammatory process does not descend from the upper respiratory tract deep into the bronchi.
- Glucocorticosteroids, a representativePulmicort. Effective fights against bronchial asthma.
- Phytomedication. For example,Rotokan- a drug with a composition of medicinal plants (chamomile, yarrow, calendula), effectively fights inflammatory processes. They are treated with "upper" bronchi.
Preparation of preparations for a nebulizer requires knowledge of certain rules:
- To prepare the solutions, sodium chloride is used with the concentration,%. The very process of preparation requires sterility. Water from the water pipe, even if boiled, does not fit, and the dishes in which the solution will be prepared should be disinfected, boiling water.
- The shelf life of the solution - no more than a day, and before use, the drug solution is warmed to room temperature in a water bath.
As preparations for the nebulizer are not used:
- Solutions containing oils, as they slowly dissolve and can cover the lungs with an "oily film which will contribute to the development of pneumonia.
- Decoctions and home-made tinctures.
- Medicines that do not have a therapeutic effect on the mucous membrane - euphyllin, papaverine, dimedrol and others.
What drugs do inhalations nebulizer with angina
Due to the fact that the nebulizer converts the drug into aerosol, the active substance is absorbed much more quickly than a conventional medicine taken in the form of a syrup or tablet. The use of nebulizer is most effective for bronchitis, asthma, laryngitis, angina. The most common among these is angina.
What drugs are used for inhalation nebulizer with angina:
- Tonsilgon H- a natural homeopathic remedy with an extracted composition. The drug consists of medicinal plants: chamomile, oak bark, walnut leaves, horsetail, yarrow, dandelion, althea root. This drug can be used to treat children under one year.
- MiramistineandDioxydin- antiseptics with a wide spectrum of action.
- Chlorophyllipt- infusion based on eucalyptus leaves. Successfully fights against staphylococci, bacteria, "provoking" the occurrence of sore throat.
Is it possible to do inhalation at a temperature
As a rule, angina, and other diseases of the respiratory tract, accompanies the temperature.
There arises a logical question - what effect do inhalations have at the temperature and what do they bring - harm or benefit?
The specialists answer: inhalations at a temperature are not recommended, because the body temperature of a person is already increased, and in case of heating, the rise in body temperature will continue.
A rise in temperature signals that the body can not cope with the infection, so treatment should be aimed at removing heat. A steam inhalation can be done if the body temperature drops to 3, C.
Another thing is the use of a nebulizer at a temperature. The main advantage of inhalation by a nebulizer at a temperature is that the formed steam is not It helps to overheat the body and does not lead to an increase in body temperature, but effectively affects organism.
If the body temperature has risen above 3, C, you can do inhalations with a nebulizer, but only after consulting the attending physician to avoid consequences..