What cough worse than wet or dry
It is necessary to be treated at the doctor, but (for the inquiry)
Both dry and wet cough is a protective reaction of the body, cleansing the respiratory tract. How to get rid of a cough, not everyone knows. First of all, you need to determine what kind of cough - wet or dry. With a dry cough, sputum is not excreted, whereas a wet cough is necessarily accompanied by its excretion. The treatment of a wet cough completely completely different from the treatment of dry cough. Dry k. Is the cause of inflammation of the upper respiratory tract (trachea, pharynx, larynx)
for treatment are applied
expectorants: Licorice root, Mucaltin, Leaves of plantain, thyme, coltsfoot, Solutan, Pertusin, Broncholithin are used for bronchitis and colds
mucolytic drugs: Bromhexine, Carbocysteine, ATSTS, Ambrosol and are prescribed for pneumonia, bronchitis
Combined preparations: Doctor IOM, Kodelak Fito are appointed for colds, ARVI and ARI
Both are good!
Dry is worse and it should be done as soon as possible wet,
dry. Wet is when everything is already cleared.
better without it
In general, it's better not to get sick :)
Dry is worse.
dry, for good reason does the expectorant doctor prescribe
gg, and he and that... And when you buy tablets from a cough in the Pharmacy, always say what cough, And then the pharmacist Mukaltin will give you, with a wet cough, and one night, choke on your own phlegm ...
Butterflies in my stomach
any niche good
Dry, he will turn the whole soul.
wet is well rehearsed dry.
At me now dry-is tired already to cough some days, I do not know than and to treat.
cough he is a cough ...
What is dry cough?First of all, cough is a very important and informative indicator of ills in the body. This is not a disease, it is a symptom, an alarming sign that should not be suppressed, but rather a close attention to their health and, before proceeding with the methods of getting rid of a cough, find out its the root cause.
Cough itself represents the protective process of the respiratory tract, or rather the trachea and bronchi, which helps to cleanse them of all sorts of irritants, which can be particles of viruses and bacteria, parasites, chemicals, foreign bodies, as well as secreted by the mucosa of the respiratory tract secret in the excess quantity.
If the spitting of the sputum occurs during the cough process, the cough is wet, if there is no mucus discharge, it is usually called dry cough.
The cough process is caused by a series of reflex reactions that follow one another. Briefly they can be described as follows. After a short inhalation, the laryngeal muscles contract, and as a result, the voice gap closes. At the same time, the tone of the muscles of the bronchi increases, the pressure in the thoracic region rises, which causes a sharp exhalation.
With diseases of the pulmonary system, dry cough is the most frequent complaint. Drugs for cough relief are in the lead among the products of sales in pharmacies. When this symptom appears, patients often try to get rid of it quickly with the help of various medications and folk methods, and sometimes make an irreparable mistake. In time, the unresolved cause of a cough can remind itself of many more years, a lifetime or a fatal outcome. Therefore, the only right step on the road to recovery is an immediate visit to a qualified doctor.
Causes of dry cough
The causes of dry cough are different, so there can be both chronic or acute manifestations of inflammatory diseases of the lungs, ingress of foreign bodies into them, and unfavorable climatic conditions. One can distinguish a list of the most frequent situations in the body, accompanied by a dry cough.
- Inflammation of the laryngeal mucosa is laryngitis. In this disease, patients are initially troubled by perspiration in the throat, then a dry cough appears.
- Inflammation of the trachea mucosa is tracheitis.
- Allergic diseases of the respiratory tract - bronchial asthma, angioedema.
- Acute or chronic bronchitis.
- In the lumen of the trachea or bronchi of foreign bodies, in children they are most often food particles.
- Inflammation of the lung membrane - the pleura. During the pleurisy of the patient, in addition to coughing, severe pain in the side is disturbed.
- Tumors of the lungs or metastases in them.
- Inhalation of irritant chemicals.
- Longer smoking experience - most smokers suffer from a dry cough in the morning.
- Pertussis is a bacterial predominantly childhood infection characterized by bouts of convulsive coughing.
- Pneumonia. A prolonged dry cough with prolonged fever is indicative of untreated or in time unrecognized pneumonia.
Of the diseases listed above, only laryngitis and tracheitis are relatively harmless, all others can when not properly treated, not only take a chronic course, but also represent a serious threat to life rights. Especially cautious should be treated with dry cough in children.
The main types of cough and its characteristic diseases
- "Barking" cough, sonorous and harsh, can talk about acute viral diseases. Prolonged cough of this nature sometimes leads to damage to the vocal cords.
- A dry cough, deaf, "distant sometimes becomes the first sign of pulmonary tuberculosis or a tumor.
- Cough, which is a series of 5-9 short cough thrusts that go paroxysmally, indicates pertussis, is more common in children under the age of two.
Prolonged dry cough
In what cases does the symptom take a protracted character? There can be many reasons. Below are the most common ones.
- "Syndrome of postnasal swelling." Initially, the stimulus is not in the lungs, but is an inflammatory process of the posterior nasopharynx. Due to inflammation, the mucous secretes a secret that swirls along the posterior wall of the pharynx into the trachea and bronchi, irritating the receptors located there and causing a dry cough.
- A cold, at first sight quite harmless, can also be the cause of a protracted dry cough. This situation happens with weakened immunity, when an infection that has got into the body unhindered reaches the lower parts of the tracheobronchial tree. As a result, it develops bronchitis, which often due to inadequate treatment passes into a chronic form. Complication of chronic bronchitis can be an expansion of the bronchi: in the structure of their walls there are structural disorders and the wall acquires spherical protrusions - bronchiectasis.
- Chronic pharyngitis. This ailment is accompanied by a persistent sore throat and tingling. This diagnosis is made not by a pulmonologist, but by an ENT doctor.
- Pleurisy is a very dangerous disease characterized by dry cough, pain in the chest, fever, shortness of breath.
- Tumors of the mediastinum. Prolonged coughing is sometimes the only complaint in this disease.
- The initial stage of tuberculosis is marked by an obsessive cough, which then becomes a protracted dry cough. Patients suffer from night chills, high fever, loss of body weight, increased sweating.
Given the information given, there is no doubt about the need for a timely visit to the doctor. The doctor, taking into account complaints, the dynamics of the disease and the results of auscultation (listening to the lungs), will diagnose and prescribe the treatment. Sometimes elementary methods of diagnosis is not enough, in this case the doctor will resort to additional ways of studying the state of the airways.
Methods for diagnosing dry cough
- Radiography of the chest. The most commonly used and informative method of research. It allows to identify inflammatory processes in the lung tissue, foreign bodies, the structure of the bronchial tree, the state of the walls of the bronchi. Tuberculosis, tumors are also determined by radiography. The method has limitations in the number and frequency of use, since it carries radiation on the body.
- Spirometry. With the help of the spirometer it is possible to investigate the state of the set of external respiration of the lungs. The spirograph helps determine the speed of exhaled air and its volume. Effective method for diagnosing the initial stages of diseases of the lungs and bronchi. Unlimited application of the method is possible.
- Bodypletismography. Measures the main indicators characterizing the respiratory function of the lungs. It is used for bronchial asthma, acute pneumonia, acute bronchitis, emphysema. Like spirometry, bodipletizmografiya has no contraindications and is conducted as needed.
- Tussography. The research method that studies the nature of the cough, that is, the cough process. Measures such parameters as the temporal distribution of the components of the cough, its intensity. Tussography is used to determine the dynamics of recovery during treatment.
- Bronchoscopy. It is carried out with the help of a bronchoscope, in other words, a bronchial probe. Bronchoscope has a small video camera, the image from which is sent to the monitor. The method allows to examine the respiratory tract visually, examining the lumens of them from the inside. The procedure itself is unpleasant, requires anesthesia of the upper respiratory tract to suppress emetic and cough reflexes. It is informative for almost all lung diseases. In addition to a visual examination, bronchoscopy can be used for a detailed study of a piece of suspicious tissue or a tumor.
- Bronchography. The same radiography, but with the presence of contrast agent in the airways. Detects difficult areas of the bronchial tree, tumors, protrusions and other injuries to the bronchial wall.
- CT scan. The tomograph makes it possible to see the lungs at all levels, layer by layer. It carries a radiation load, therefore it is used only in limited situations - in disputable situations.
- Thoracoscopy. The most radical method of diagnosis. The thorax punctures, a thoracoscope is inserted through the aperture, equipped with a chamber. Unlike bronchoscopy, it allows immediately, without passing through the entire bronchial tree, to examine the desired area of the lung. In addition to diagnosis, the thoracoscope helps to perform operations on the lungs without opening the thorax.
Treatment of dry coughAn uninterrupted dry cough requires cardinal treatment, that is, identifying its causes and eliminating them. Symptomatic treatment is conducted as a concomitant measure to alleviate the condition of the patient. To cure isolated cough only if the source is not found, with a dry cough significantly reduces the quality of life of the patient, preventing him from working, resting, sleeping, eating and etc.
General recommendations for eliminating dry cough:
- drink more fluid, do not allow dehydration of the body;
- to drink lime tea with honey or raspberry jam;
- Monitor the humidity in the living area;
- if the cough is long, if possible, give up smoking;
- at night attacks of a dry cough it is recommended to put under a head two pillows;
- Avoid irritants - aerosols, caustic cleaners and vapors.
To stop an attack of dry cough, you can dissolve a tablet of menthol or mint candy. This method works no worse than medications.
Most often, the strategy of curing a dry cough is aimed at translating it into a wet cough. This applies to all causes of cough, except for acute laryngitis and diseases accompanied by irritation of pleural sheets. Coughing is not a function of purifying the lungs, it acquires an obsessive, painful character. With this cough, drugs that suppress it due to the effects on the central nervous system are used.
Antitussives are narcotic and non-narcotic. Medicines of the first group can be purchased only with the prescription of a doctor. They are accompanied by a number of side effects, among which dependence on the drug. Codeine is the drug.
Codeine is a component of anti-cancer drugs, such as Kodelak. This substance affects not only the cough center in the medulla oblongata, but also the brain itself, which causes numerous undesirable reactions.
Dextromethorphan does not show a narcotic effect. Its action is aimed at inhibiting the excitability of the cough center. Does not cause dependence, drowsiness and analgesia.
To stop the cough, there are medications, do not inhibit the brain center, and act at a lower level - block receptors in the bronchi themselves. Among such drugs - syrups "Linkas" and "Doctor Theiss "Ferveks" for the cure of dry cough, "Kodelak broncho "Terpinkod."
When dry cough often use antihistamines. Since sometimes the cause of this symptom is a decrease in the lumen of the bronchi as a result of Allergic swelling, antihistamines in such cases can be the only way remove the cough.
If it is necessary to translate an unproductive cough into a moist one, expectorant and mucolytic substances will come to the aid. Mucolytics dilute sputum, helping to rupture the bonds between its molecules, reducing viscosity. Expectorants increase bronchial mucosal secretion, which dilutes the pulmonary contents. The most famous drugs of this kind are ambroxol and acetylcysteine, or ACC. They can be used together for the first three days, then the ACC should be canceled.
At the first manifestations of the symptom it is recommended to drink a solution prepared from warm milk and Borjomi, taken in 100 ml. To them, you can add a teaspoon of honey, if this product does not have an allergic reaction. It helps to sputum and liquefy sputum.
A good effect on dry cough is due to alkaline inhalation. After just five to six procedures using an inhaler, one can note a coughing-off and the beginning of the separation of sputum. Alkali, getting into the respiratory tract, perfectly dilutes sputum and does not damage the mucous membrane, does not cause an allergic reaction. Such inhalations are, perhaps, the safest way to cure dry cough, and wet, too.
The procedure can be performed in a clinic under the supervision of medical personnel, but, due to its harmlessness, inhalations can be widely used at home. This requires a device - an inhaler, or a nebulizer. This apparatus converts the solution placed in it into a finely dispersed substance. In this state, the drug easily passes the protective barrier of the nasopharynx and enters the bronchi.
Alkaline inhalations based on mineral water
For the procedure, it is better to take the mineral water "Narzan in its absence "Essentuki" № 4 and 7, and also "Borjomi" will do. Water pour into a glass and mix well to get carbon dioxide, for this purpose you need to let the water stand for about an hour. Then, using the syringe supplied with the nebulizer, draw water from the glass and pour it into the reservoir of the device. Breathe mineral water for three to four minutes.
Alkaline inhalation with soda
Soda, upon contact with water, decomposes into alkali, water and carbon dioxide. Therefore, it can be successfully used for carrying out alkaline inhalations. To do this, you need to put three teaspoons of soda in a glass, pour warmed boiled water. Place the solution in the inhaler. Breathe with soda for 8-10 minutes. Instead of boiled water, you can apply mineral, such as in the above recipe. But in this case soda will need one teaspoonful.
For inhalation, you can also use expectorant medication - ambroxol solution. It must be mixed with physiological solution, so that air, getting into the lungs, had a moisturizing effect. But this remedy should be used cautiously, since ambroxol can cause drying of the respiratory mucosa, nausea and even vomiting.
Tip 1: How to treat a wet cough
Treatment of a wet cough is to facilitate the exit of phlegm out. Because of the viscous composition, it can not retreat quickly, so it is necessary to take the drugs to dilute it. Otherwise, congestion of sputum will provoke the development of a new foci of infection.
What is a wet cough and why does it occur?
Coughing is a protective reaction of the organism, which ensures the cleansing of the tracheobronchial tree from irritants. A dry cough caused by the action of an irritant becomes wet (productive) when the bronchi are unable to cope with the excretion of sputum. Gradually accumulating and affecting the cough receptors, it provokes a cough. Thus, a wet cough can be called an independent attempt of the bronchi to get rid of sputum and pathogenic bacteria.
Any attempt to eliminate it will be useless without knowing the exact cause of the occurrence. As a symptom, a productive cough can indicate such pathologies as:
- Allergic reactions caused by exposure to foreign bodies, gases, dust, odors on the respiratory tract;
- acute respiratory disease or cold, which have developed as a result of the defeat of the respiratory tract by viruses and bacteria;
- chronic diseases of the broncho-pulmonary system;
- a disturbance in the work of the nervous system that causes a neurogenic cough.
Drug treatment for wet cough
Often people make the mistake of trying to simply eliminate the annoying symptom. This approach inhibits the recovery process, as the sputum does not go out, but remains in the bronchi and accumulates, provoking the development of serious diseases of the respiratory system. Therefore, the treatment of wet cough should be done with drugs that are able to withdraw phlegm and improve the airway. It happens that after recovery cough continues to bother, but sputum is no longer allocated. In this case, you can take drugs that only eliminate the cough reflex.
To improve the clearance of sputum, doctors prescribe Bromhexine, Ambroxol, ATSTS and syrups. And that the accumulated sputum was easier to expectorate, the treatment is supplemented by the use of Broncholitin or Muciltin. Useful during the treatment of wet cough will be inhalations, performed using chamomile, mint, sage, althea, and warm drink.
Treatment of moist cough with folk remedies
Black radish is a component of many folk recipes associated with the elimination of a damp cough. You can use it in different ways. For example, in a clean dry radish cut out the groove and fill it with honey. To accumulate natural syrup does not spread, radish is put in a deep plate. Such a delicious medicine can be taken by adults and children.
Homemade medicine from black radish is prepared by mixing 1 part of its juice with 2 parts of warm milk. In the resulting product, dissolve 1 teaspoon of honey (preferably linden). Healing should be taken orally after meals 3-4 times a day for 1 tablespoon.
For inhalation, several spoons of dry raw thyme or mother-and-stepmother are poured hot water, then add 2 teaspoons of soda and a few drops of eucalyptus oil. Leaning over the container, the head is covered with a towel and inhaled the healing steam for 10-15 minutes. This procedure well dilutes sputum.
How to make a dry cough wet? Well, what would he expectorate ..
It is necessary to drink expectorant! Herbs are best!
First of all, your mother should take you to a doctor. And so I was treated well here at me now a sputum I drink asporil a syrup sweet deduces wet. fljuditek too a syrup. Well, antibiotic amoxicillin. and drink more liquid. Yes, or herbs, tinctures of chamomile and something else there
And what kind of cough medicine do you drink now?
Cough in a couple of days itself will begin to go into the wet. Drink plenty of fluids. Now it is NOT possible to drink expectorants. When he starts to clear his throat, you need to start drinking something that is mukalitic (like ambraxol)
Nick stolen - looking for options
the black radish is taken. cut off the tail and cut off the cap.
radish hollow out like a cup. pierce the hole through the former tail)))
put radish honey, top covered with a radish cap and put on a glass.
the juice of a radish with honey drips into a glass, and you swallow it.
works very well, although it's disgusting
Olga Sipacheva (Demidova)
Very good cheap pills for cough with thermopsis. It is better to immediately dissolve two tablets in your mouth. It's not very pleasant, but in 20 minutes there will be a result. After them, after 5-10 minutes I drank warm milk with honey, it's very pleasant. Of course, if you like it. The cough herbs also work well, it can be viewed on the Internet or collected at the pharmacy, the main thing is that you can choose harmless unlike medicines. Oregano, lime blossom, etc. also delicious.
In all pharmacies, they sell inhalers, although they are very expensive (I mean the one that the Compressor Compressor Comp AIR (NE-C28-E) Omron) bought about 3 thousand. There the medicine is poured and he sprays it, in pairs the person or the child breathes. The result is very good, the cough stops and soon becomes wet
I was helped by a licorice root in bags from the pharmacy. There is a tincture of licorice root, also a super medicine, especially from a night cough.
Stoppussin-phyto drink before phlegm, then expectorant
Abundant warm drink, moisturize in the air in the room, the air temperature is 18-20 degrees, inhalation.
You need to put the banks