IRS 19 refers to the pharmacological group of antibacterial vaccines. Its basis is lysates of pathogenic bacteria - the causative agents of the most common respiratory infections.
It acts multifaceted, simultaneously stimulating both nonspecific and specific immune responses. If you get on the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, a local immune reaction quickly forms with the release of specific immunoglobulins. They prevent the penetration of the virus into the cells.
On this page you will find all the information about IRS 19: a complete instruction on the application to this medication, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogs of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used IRS-19. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Immunostimulating drug of bacterial origin.
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
How much does the IRS 19 cost? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of550 rubles.
Form of issue and composition
Produced in the form of a nasal spray. The drug is sold in balloons of glass aerosol (20 ml) with a nozzle and a continuous valve. Each cylinder is placed in a cardboard box.
- The composition of IRS 19 includes bacterial lysates (43.27 ml per 100 ml): Staphylococcus aureus ss aureus, Klebsiella pneumoniae ss pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae type B, Acinetobacter calcoaceticus, Neisseria perflava, Neisseria subflava, Moraxella catarrhalis, Streptococcus group G, Streptococcus dysgalactiae group C, Streptococcus pyogenes group A, Streptococcus pneumoniae type XII, Streptococcus pneumoniae type VIII, Streptococcus pneumoniae type V, Streptococcus pneumoniae type III, Streptococcus pneumoniae type II, Streptococcus pneumoniae type I, Enterococcus faecalis, Enterococcus faecium.
Auxiliary substances of the drug: sodium merthiolate, glycine, flavoring based on nerol (geraniol, alpha-terpineol, linalol, geranyl acetate, limonene, methylanthranilate, linalyl acetate, phenylethyl alcohol, diethylene glycol monoethyl ether), purified water.
Irs 19 has an immunostimulating effect: the drug increases specific and nonspecific immunoprotection. The increase in specific immunity is due to antibodies of immunoglobulins A, which are formed at Spraying the spray onto the nasal mucosa and further interfering with the multiplication of bacteria in it.
Nonspecific protection, which is provided by the use of Irs 19, manifests itself as an increase in the concentration of lysozyme (antibacterial enzyme), as well as increasing the activity of macrophages (cells of the body, the main function of which is the destruction of bacteria).
Indications for use
What helps? Nose spray IRS 19 is approved for use in adults and children older than 3 months with the following conditions:
- treatment of infections of the upper respiratory tract acute and chronic;
- strengthening local immunity after a viral infection.
Therapists often prescribe this drug for the treatment of acute or protracted cold, use it as part of a comprehensive treatment bronchitis, combined sinusitis, frontitis, laryngitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, with the aim of stimulating local immunity. The appointment of IRS-19 helps the patient recover faster after the flu, parainfluenza, adenovirus infection and prevent the development of unwanted complications.
Also, IRS 19 is prescribed to improve immunity during the preparation for routine surgical intervention and in the postoperative period. In addition, IRS 19 is widely used for prevention, with the aim of preventing exacerbations of chronic bronchitis and other diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
- Autoimmune disorders.
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Age less than 3 months.
Application in pregnancy and lactation
Since there is no sufficient data on the effect of the substance on the fetus, it is advisable not to use the drug during pregnancy: As with most drugs, IRS 19 is prescribed in case of emergency when absolutely necessary.
If the spray is prescribed to the nursing mother, then during the course of treatment it is recommended to transfer the baby to artificial feeding.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that IRS 19 is administered intranasally by aerosol administration of 1 dose (1 dose = 1 short press of the atomizer).
- For the treatment of acute and chronic diseases of the upper respiratory tract and bronchial tubes, children between 3 months and 3 years of age are prescribed 1 dose of drug per nostril 2 times / day after pre-release from the mucous discharge to the disappearance of symptoms of infection; children over 3 years and adults - 1 dose of drug in each nostril from 2 to 5 times / day until the symptoms of infection disappear.
- For the purpose of prevention, adults and children from 3 months are administered 1 dose of drug to each nostril 2 times / day for 2 weeks (starting treatment is recommended 2-3 weeks before the expected increase in incidence).
- To restore local immunity after a previous flu and other respiratory viral infections, children and adults are prescribed 1 dose of drug per nostril 2 times / day for 2 weeks.
- In preparation for routine surgery and in the postoperative period, adults and children are prescribed 1 dose each nostril 2 times / day for 2 weeks (starting treatment is recommended 1 week before the planned surgery).
It is important to observe the following rules when using IRS 19:
- Before using, put the nozzle on the bottle, center it and then gently press;
- Hold the bottle in a vertical position when spraying and do not tilt the head;
- Do not tilt the bottle during spraying, as the propellant will flow out of it in a few seconds and the device will become unusable;
- Do not remove the nozzle from the bottle with regular use;
If the IRS 19 has not been used for a long time, you should lower the nozzle from the bottle for several minutes in warm water and only then apply the spray.
When taking the drug, the following side effects are possible:
- increased body temperature;
- erythema-like and eczematic reactions;
- asthma attacks and cough, at the beginning of treatment - rhinopharyngitis, sinusitis, laryngitis, bronchitis;
- nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea;
- allergic reactions: urticaria, angioedema.
In a few cases, the drug can cause the development of nodular erythema and thrombocytopenic purpura.
There is no information on cases of overdose.
- In the case of the emergence of clinical symptoms of bacterial infection should consider the appropriateness of systemic antibiotics.
- At the beginning of treatment in rare cases, an increase in body temperature ≥39 ° C is possible. In this case, the drug should be canceled. However, it is necessary to distinguish this state from an increase in body temperature accompanied by malaise, which may be associated with the development of diseases of the ENT organs.
- At the beginning of the treatment, reactions such as sneezing and increased discharge from the nose may occur. As a rule, they are of a short-term nature. If these reactions take a severe course, reduce the frequency of administration of the drug or cancel it.
- When prescribing an IRS, 19 patients with bronchial asthma may experience an increase in seizures. In this case, it is recommended to stop treatment and not take this class of drugs in the future.
Instructions for use IRS 19 does not contain data on any interaction of the spray with drugs for oral administration or parenteral administration. This is due to the selective local action of the drug.
We picked up some feedback from people about the preparation IRS 19:
- Alice. To us does not approach on contraindications: after zapryskivanija something of type of an allergy begins, the child sneezes, from a nose flows without stopping a clear liquid, like water and obviously the mucous is leaking, because the baby can not normally breathe through the nose. Our doctor has recently begun recommending Ismigen. He in tablets and in my opinion in general without side and contraindications. For us it turned out to be the most optimal, and at the price, too, and works, the effect is felt at least. She began to give the child from the first day of a cold, and noticed that everything somehow passed much more easily than usual: and the temperature did not rise very much (which I'm especially afraid of), and the child was much more active, the rhinitis is very light and did not pass into bronchitis, as is usually the case. I think, after a while, to repeat the course already as a prophylaxis and not just a child.
- Galina. Several times I tried to pimp a child - it's not given, I do not like it, and everything is there, it's filled with burning tears, although it's not a baby at all. As a result, she left me and her husband, but, by the way, noticed that the nebulizer quickly clogs, and we forget it all the time. We went to Ismigen, mainly because of the child. They perceive it normally, there just under the tongue a minty candy - he is happy)) And the result is noticeable: after summer they went to kindergarten and already as for more than a month we are not sick, pah-pah, although earlier it was only necessary to get out on the first or second week snot and other "joys".
- Sasha. Several years after the cold, the elder son had a sinusitis, which turned into a chronic stage. Now, with the slightest virus infection, we have problems with the nose. And the younger - constant pharyngitis and tonsillitis, the treatment of which takes a lot of time, strength and medical drugs. Completely accidentally purchased in the pharmacy IRS 19. Despite the relatively high price, bribed the opportunity to treat children with one drug.
IRS 19 rarely causes discontent among consumers, so the search for analogues of this drug is most often associated with the emergence of allergic reactions in children. Among the admissible analogs of IRS 19 are:
- Interferon. Immunostimulating analog of IRS 19, struggles with inflammation and tumors, is released in the form of tablets.
- Imudon. This analogue of IRS 19 belongs to the group of immunostimulating agents, but unlike IRS 19, the release form is not a spray, but a resorption tablet. Thus, to apply Imudon as an analog of IRS 19 in the treatment of a number of nasal diseases is impossible.
- Bronhomunal. The presented analogue IRS 19 is a combined bacterial preparation. Unlike the previous two analogs, it is able to replace each function of the IRS 19, refers to immunostimulants.
- Transfer factor. This analogue is a solution for those who have intolerance to IRS components 19. The drug refers to immunostimulating, it is recommended for use in cases of diseases affecting the bronchi and directly the upper respiratory tract, an acceptable analogue of the IRS 19.
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The instructions to IRS 19 state that the drug should be stored in a well-ventilated, dry, protected from light and out of reach of children, at room temperature. The shelf life of the spray, subject to the recommendations of the manufacturer, is three years.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.