Bronchorus - a representative of the pharmacological group of expectorants, mucolytics.
The drug is intended for oral administration, represented by a colorless syrup of liquid consistency. It can be an independent medicine, but its use in the complex therapy of bronchitis, pneumonia and other pathologies of the respiratory tract is also appropriate.
On this page you will find all information about Bronchorus: the full instructions for use on this medication, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogs of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Bronchorus. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Bronchorus syrup has a pronounced expectorant, secretory and secretory effect.
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
Available without a prescription.
How much does Bronhorus cost? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of70 rubles.
Form of issue and composition
In 1 ml of syrup contains:
- active ingredient: ambroxol hydrochloride - 3 mg;
- auxiliary components: sorbitol, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, raspberry aroma, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, sodium saccharinate dihydrate, propylene glycol, purified water.
1 tablet contains:
- active ingredient: ambroxol hydrochloride 30 mg;
- auxiliary components: magnesium stearate, corn starch, lactose, talc.
Ambroxol has a secretolitic, secretory and expectorant effect. Stimulating and increasing the motor activity of the cilia of the ciliated epithelium of the bronchial mucosa (mukinetic or secretory effect), the drug prevents their clumping. Spiral peristaltic contractions of ciliary (ciliary) epithelial cells of the bronchi lead to the excretion of mucus from the bronchial tree, thereby the drug significantly enhances mucociliary transport.
By activating the serous glands of the bronchial mucosa, ambroxol promotes an increase in the mucous component of sputum, normalizing the balance of mucous and serous components. The drug induces the activation of hydrolyzing enzymes and promotes the enhancement of lysosome release from Clara cells, which causes a reduction in the viscosity of sputum and its adhesive properties.
Indications for use
When should Bronchorus be taken (tablets)? Instructions for use recommend the use of a cough remedy, which is accompanied by the formation of viscous and difficult to separate mucus.
The medication is prescribed for the following pathologies:
- asthma with difficulty in sputum discharge;
- bronchiectatic disease;
- obstructive chronic lung disease;
- bronchitis in chronic or acute form;
- respiratory distress syndrome in children (newborns).
Doctors prescribe the declared medicine when wheezing in the respiratory tract is detected. Independently a person is unable to establish them. Therefore, the manufacturer advises before using the drug to consult a specialist, undergo a survey.
The main contra-indications for the application of Bronchorus are the following:
- Explicit impairment of absorption of galactose or glucose.
- Insufficiency in the body isomaltase or sugar.
- Individual intolerance to the chemical composition of a medicament.
- The period of the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Children under the age of twelve are not allowed to take pills, but it is permitted to prescribe medication in the form of syrup.
- People suffering from hereditary intolerance to fructose are forbidden to use syrup because sorbitol is present in its composition.
With extreme caution, it is necessary to take the medicine in such cases:
- An obvious ulcer disease of the duodenum or stomach.
- The second and third trimesters of pregnancy.
- Development of renal failure.
- Manifestation of liver failure.
- Breastfeeding period.
Some people, when treated with tablets or syrup "Bronhorus", complain about the appearance of adverse reactions, caused, as a rule, by an individual reaction of the body to the components of this medication.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that if the Bronchorus syrup is prescribed for children, the instructions for use clearly stipulate daily doses. However, in addition it does not hurt to consult with the attending physician, especially when it comes to the health of a sick child.
Below are the medical prescriptions, according to the age category of patients:
- Children up to 2 years oldYou can give half a teaspoon of tea twice a day in between meals.
- Children up to 5 years oldis shown by half a teaspoon already three times a day if the same time interval is observed.
- Children up to 12 years oldSingle dose is 1 teaspoon in three daily doses.
- Older patientsIt is necessary to take on a tablespoon of medicine three times a day.
- Adult patientsit is strongly recommended that you select a Bronchrous medication in the form of tablets.
Separately, it is worth to clarify that adult patients in the fight against sputum are advised to choose tablets that have a strong effect, and the pharmacological properties in no way inferior to syrup. If parents have any doubts, it is better to consult additionally, to exclude the threat to children's health.
Medical preparation must be drunk full course. The duration of such therapy is 5-7 days, depending on the clinical picture. If there is no change, on the fifth day you can replace the Bronchorus syrup analog. Such corrections in the treatment regimen are introduced by the district doctor, taking into account the drug interaction.
Against the background of taking the drug in question, the patient may experience:
- skin rash and allergic dermatitis;
- urticaria, anaphylactic shock, angioedema;
- rhinorrhea and dryness of mucocutaneous airways;
- diarrhea, nausea, dry mouth, vomiting, constipation, gastralgia;
- headache, general weakness, dysuria, exanthema.
Overdosing is accompanied by all symptoms of poisoning and requires the artificial inducement of vomiting, gastric lavage in the first two hours after the detection of symptoms and the consumption of fatty foods.
The drug does not contain sugar, so it is often prescribed to people with diabetes. In this case, there is no risk of developing the disease, but the dose is adjusted and more like a child.
Behind the wheel itself, it is forbidden to sit down, as the syrup can cause fatigue, drowsiness and lead to a significant deterioration in attention.
Simultaneous use with antitussive drugs leads to difficulty in withdrawing sputum while reducing cough. Ambroxol increases the penetration into the bronchial secret of amoxicillin, cefuroxime, erythromycin and doxycycline.
We picked up some feedback from people about the drug:
- Olga. Bronchorus helped me very much in the treatment of bronchitis. I was sick with a strong dry cough. Cough phlegm did not work. Coughing attacks were very intense and were accompanied by vomiting. This is very annoying, especially if you are in society. The problem had to be solved quickly. In the pharmacy you can find Bronhorus without difficulty, and it is quite cheap. The first result appeared after three days of admission. The sputum began to recede from the lungs. I cleared it up and spit it out. I took the drug only five days, I was completely satisfied with the action.
- Oleg. Bronchorus used during the treatment of bronchial asthma, more precisely, a severe dry cough. The sputum did not leave his lungs completely, the dry cough injured the throat and caused a severe headache. Coughing attacks were so severe that it sometimes reached vomiting. Bronhorus purchased at a nearby pharmacy at a relatively low price. I took only five days, and the effect appeared on the third day of admission. My sputum began to actively withdraw and I felt much better.
- Dasha. Bronchorus was rescued during the bronchitis. The cough was just awful. The sputum did not expectorate. Because of this, a headache and a sore throat began. Bronchorus literally in five days eased my suffering. The sputum began to slowly go away on the third day of admission. The course of the drug was enough to remove pain.
The medical preparation Bronhorus differs sparing action, besides, in the chemical composition there is no glucose. Therefore, the drug can be administered safely to children, while carefully following the changes in overall health. If the therapeutic effect after 5-7 days is absent, you can choose an analog.
The following medicines have proved themselves well:
- Kodelak Broncho;
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Syrup Bronchorus should be stored in a dry, protected from moisture and light, at a temperature of 15 to 25 ° C. Shelf life from the date of manufacture is 3 years.
Keep away from children. The drug can be purchased at a retail pharmacy network without a special prescription, but before starting therapy, you should carefully read the official annotation.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.