Wet cough in a child: causes and ways of treatmentWith such a symptom as cough is encountered by every person. This is especially true in the autumn-winter period of time, because cough most often indicates an infection of the respiratory tract in ARI and ARVI. It is a protective function of the respiratory system, which helps to cleanse the respiratory tract from foreign bodies, mucus, phlegm, microbes. Depending on the productivity of cough, they distinguish:
- dry cough (without sputum);
- wet cough (with phlegm).
The treatment of these two types of cough should be approached seriously, taking into account individual characteristics, since it can be symptoms of different diseases, SARS, allergies, tuberculosis, oncology neoplasms. Successful and rapid recovery directly depends on a thorough diagnosis and timely appropriate treatment. We will stop our attention on the methods of diagnosis and treatment of such a disease as a wet cough in a child.
Causes of wet cough
The most common cause of a wet cough in a child can be:
- acute respiratory-viral infections of the respiratory system (laryngitis, tracheitis, obstructive bronchitis);
- an allergic reaction that is characterized by a lack of temperature (bronchial asthma);
- inflammatory diseases of the nasal passages, accompanied by abundant release of mucus;
- as a complication of gastro-esophageal reflux;
- congenital pathology (cystic fibrosis, Kartagener's syndrome).
In infants, a wet cough is often caused by an inadequate musculature development
In infants and children of the first year of life, a wet cough may be associated with insufficient development of the muscles of the esophagus and stomach, and also with the eruption of the first teeth. In these cases, do not panic and go to extremes, all these problems will disappear with the child's growing up. By itself, a wet cough in a child does not carry danger, but the parents should be alert to the symptoms of coughing:
- long and sudden;
- high temperature, which lasts longer than 3 days;
- the presence of wheezing;
- pain in the chest;
- lack of appetite in the baby;
- an admixture of pus and blood in the sputum.
Mechanism of wet cough
The mucous membrane of the respiratory tract is lined with glandular cells that are capable of producing mucus. By its structure, mucus can be serous, purulent, bloody. In inflammatory processes in the respiratory system, the amount of mucus released increases many times, it acts as an irritant, triggering a response from the body in the form of a cough.
Treatment of cough with phlegm
Drug treatment is the use of pharmaceuticals
- Promoting the withdrawal and excretion of sputum in a child (mucolytics and expectorants) of synthetic and plant origin:
- syrups "Doctor Mom "Alteika "Prospan "Pectusin "Bronchicum" - herbal preparations
- Mukaltin, "Ambroxol "Lazolvan" - synthetic preparations
- Thinning phlegm:
- preparations containing soda, dry cough syrup
- Relieving spasm, enlarging the lumen of the bronchi:
- Inhalations. To alleviate the condition of a sick child, it is very useful to make steam inhalations with essential oil of eucalyptus or pine. A good remedy for cough control are finely dispersed inhalations that can be taken at home with an inhaler, such as a nebulizer. As a medicine for inhalation, you can use alkaline mineral water such as "Borjomi herbal decoctions, ATSTS solution;
- Paraffin or ozocerite applications on the chest area, improve blood circulation in this area, relieve inflammation. If the child's body temperature does not exceed 370, then it is appropriate to do homemade applications with a mustard plaster or potato cake, which have the same effect as paraffin and help to cure cough with sputum faster;
- Ultrasound and UHF act on the deep parts of the respiratory system;
- Massage vibration and respiratory gymnastics. If there is no possibility to go to a massage session to a professional or a child negatively transfers them, then the mother will be able to cope with this task at home. As breathing exercises you can offer the child a fun game, who more than air balloons will cheat or how to make a storm in a glass of water using a cocktail tube. To make a vibrating massage for a child, it is enough to play with him in the well-known game "Rails-rails, sleepers-sleepers in addition to having fun, you will make a number of useful procedures for the child.
- A plentiful warm drink in the form of compotes, teas, wild rose hips, fruit drinks;
- Warm alkaline drink (mineral water such as "Borjomi" or "Polyana Kvasova");
- The use of warm milk diluted with alkaline mineral water in the ratio
- Drink instead of tea broths of medicinal herbs (mother-and-stepmother, elderberry and linden, sage, chamomile);
- Home cough syrup: 1 white onion cut finely, mix with 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tsp. lemon juice, let it brew overnight and drink the juice formed over the next day;
- No less effective means, curing cough, will be a syrup, prepared from berries of viburnum with sugar. Such a tasty and varied treatment will satisfy any child.
It is forbidden to give children antitussive drugs, in the presence of bronchial and light wet rales with phlegm. Because instead of good, you can cause irreparable harm to the health of the baby. The fact is that with prolonged exposure to mucus in the respiratory tract, it becomes a nutrient medium for many bacteria and can have complications in the form of pneumonia, lung abscess, respiratory insufficiency.
To cough with phlegm did not annoy you and your child, you need to follow certain preventive measures:
- Correctly organized mode of the day;
- Walking in the fresh air in any weather;
- Personal hygiene of the child;
- In the season of colds, enhanced personal hygiene, washing of the nasal passages with water and sea salt;
- Use of vitamin therapy and antiviral drugs as needed;
- Organize in the room daily wet cleaning with ventilation.
If the child has a cough, dry or with phlegm, it is necessary to see the doctor, take blood and urine tests, need to make a sputum culture with bacteria and sensitivity to antibiotics in order to obtain adequate treatment.
Remember! Rapid recovery depends on proper diagnosis and on time of treatment.
Wet cough in the baby
Coughing is one of the most frequent symptoms of respiratory diseases. He can testify about a variety of diseases, from banal ARI to tuberculosis. Parents need to know that coughing a child can be dry or wet, and distinguish between these two concepts, because the approach to their treatment will also be different.
Wet, or so-called productive cough in the child is different in that, coughing, the baby coughs up sputum accumulated in the bronchi. This process is a physiological variant of self-healing of an organism, and often does not require additional treatment. For example, this situation can arise when a child has a runny nose and mucus not only escapes from the nose, but flows down the throat inward, causing a wet cough without temperature. This is absolutely normal phenomenon, and you need to treat here not a cough, but a cold, creating for this comfortable conditions (fresh moist air, a healthy sleep, a plentiful drink).
But often the causes of the appearance of a wet cough are more serious diseases, such as bronchitis, pneumonia, lung abscess, bronchial asthma and others. On such a symptom it is necessary to respond by an immediate visit (or a call to the house) of a doctor. Attention to parents should be such signs:
- strong and frequent moist coughing in the baby, especially at night;
- sputum unusual color, turbid, with greens or blood;
- combination of cough with high temperature (more than 3, ° C);
- a prolonged (prolonged) wet cough in a child that does not pass for a month or longer.
Treatment of wet cough in children
How to treat a wet cough, in each specific situation, the doctor decides, having inspected and listening to the lungs with the help of a phonendoscope, and if necessary and making tests. It directly depends on the diagnosis. Independently "appoint" the child cough medicine in any case can not be - this can only aggravate the situation. Parents are encouraged only to alleviate the suffering of the baby, remembering the following.
- With a damp cough, only expectorants can be used, but in no case drugs to suppress cough. The first include drugs such as lazolvan, doctor mom, ambroxol, bromhexine, licorice root syrup, pectusin, breastfeeding and others. They dilute sputum and promote easier removal from the bronchi, while antitussive drugs only contribute to suppression of cough reflex, which in this case is ineffective and will lead to deterioration of the child's condition and complications to the lower respiratory ways.
- In addition to syrups and pills, great importance in therapy is played by the air that a sick child breathes. The air in the room should always be cool and damp. If the child does not have a temperature and is not shown bed rest, be sure to take a walk 1-2 times a day.
- Abundant drink, as you know, well removes toxins from the body. That's why doctors recommend it for any infectious diseases. Give the child warm teas with honey and lemon (in the absence of allergies), compotes of fresh fruits and berries,nectar, mors from raspberry, black currant, cranberry or kalina.
- Inhalations with a damp cough also help to sputum. Use for this purpose decoctions of medicinal herbs (sage, chamomile, breastfeeding) or water with the addition of soda. Remember that steam inhalations are contraindicated for children under one year, so a wet cough in the baby should be treated with other methods.
Keep in mind that without the participation of a doctor, it is unlikely to solve the problem, therefore, the earlier you contact a qualified pediatrician, the faster will be the annoying and exhausting cough your child.
What is dangerous is a strong moist cough in a child without fever
A wet cough in a child without a temperature creates a lot of serious concerns for his parents. But often the cause of its appearance is hidden in ordinary dust. Therefore, before therapy, you need to find out why the baby cough.
Differences in wet cough
A toddler under the age of two years coughs many times a day. Doctors do not see in this phenomenon a serious cause for concern, if the overall condition of the child does not deteriorate. But quite often cough for no apparent reason indicates dangerous diseases.
There are two types of cough:
Unlike dry, wet cough does not do without phlegm and wheezing. As for duration, it can be acute, prolonged or chronic. Therefore, in those situations where a cough does not last for three weeks, it can become protracted. If you can not cure it, then after three months it will grow into a chronic form.
The main causes of persistent wet cough:
- cold and acute respiratory infections;
- ENT infections;
- whooping cough;
- helminthic invasion;
- psychogenic factor;
- insufficient air humidity;
- reaction to chemical products;
- getting a foreign object into the respiratory tract;
- diseases of the digestive system.
There are many reasons for the appearance of a wet cough. Therefore, parents need to seek help from a doctor as soon as possible. He will appoint an effective method of treatment, and the baby will again be healthy and cheerful.
Wet cough as a symptom of disease
Often at the initial stage of the disease, a strong cough is its only sign.Often, he can stay after treatment for ARVI. Rhinitis and pain in the throat, as a rule, pass quickly enough. But coughing is still present for some time without causing heat and additional symptoms.
With regard to sinusitis, rhinitis and other diseases of the ENT organs, the discharge often falls in the upper respiratory tract. This causes the attack of a damp cough in the baby. To avoid this, you need to treat the mouth and throat of the child with an antiseptic. For example, you can do inhalation tincture of chamomile. This procedure will be an effective preventive measure against throat inflammation.
One of the signs of tuberculosis is a frequent cough. In some cases, it is not accompanied by a high temperature. If the parents have serious suspicions about this, the baby should be shown to a qualified specialist.Allergic reactions can manifest themselves, and may be accompanied by other diseases. Sometimes the body with a dry or wet cough responds to certain components of medications. In this case, the child does not have a high fever.
One type of allergy is bronchial asthma. In addition, the baby can have wheezing, shortness of breath, difficulty in the respiratory process. To establish the irritant, the child must donate blood for a number of laboratory tests.
As for whooping cough, a prolonged cough without fever can remind you of the illness. In this case, the child is nearing the night, there are attacks that resemble asthma. This phenomenon, as a rule, is psychosomatic.
Since parasites are able to move freely through the internal organs of a person, they can penetrate into the respiratory system. Then there is irritation of the lungs, bronchi and even sputum may appear. Such cases are quite frequent. It is often difficult to diagnose a helminthic infection because of the common cold symptoms.
Strong coughing attacks can go away, and then resume after a few months. The most active periods of worm propagation are autumn and spring. Since at this time the body does not have strong immunity, parasites begin to multiply rapidly.
Why cough does not pass?
Often, poor state of health can be caused by a number of emotions and worries that arise in critical situations.The child's organism expresses anxiety and nervousness with the help of a cough. This is especially often seen at night or during a meal.
If the kid is involved in something, then he does not cough during this period. As soon as the child becomes tense, seizures resume. Sometimes they can not stop for a long time. Naturally, over time nervousness can retreat itself. But if a child grows more aggressive, it should be shown to a psychiatrist and neuropathologist.
Often, the cause of coughing can hide in the dryness of the air of the room, where most of the time the baby spends. To increase the humidity in the room you must either use a special humidifier, or put a container of water. Such measures will help to calm the mucous membrane of the upper respiratory tract, and also relieve the baby from painful sensations.
Often, various chemicals can cause a wet cough in a child. If the house often uses aggressive household chemicals, the baby can suffer from irritation of the mucous membranes. Harmful components of various drugs can enter the respiratory system of the child, so at the time of harvesting it must be sent to fresh air. After the cleaning procedures are completed, the entire apartment needs to be ventilated well, since there is a high risk of chemical poisoning of the baby's body.
Very often young children swallow small parts during games. The foreign body sticks inside, causing a strong irritation of the pharyngeal mucosa. As a rule, in such a situation, there is an attack of a sharp cough. In this case, the child needs to be turned upside down and shaken well. In order for this to happen no longer, it is necessary to safely hide all small items. Also, you can not leave your baby alone in the room for a long time..
Often, a sick stomach and biliary tract cause a wet cough in a small child. Since the digestive products enter the respiratory system, they begin to cause irritation of the mucous membrane. This may well have an effect on the occurrence of a wet cough in a child without temperature.
Conclusion on the topic
A dry or wet cough without fever in a baby can have many reasons for its appearance. In this case, you can not independently treat the child. Therefore, you need to seek help from a doctor as soon as possible.
Wet cough in the baby
Healthy and happy babies are what every mother dreams about. The smaller the baby, the more difficult it is to tolerate various diseases due to the ultimately nervous, muscular, immune systems of the body that have not yet formed. Viruses, bacterial pathogens, allergens, infections can become a source of disease. The wisdom of the mother of nature is so great that the organism, by various symptoms, hints at the doctors and parents about the causes of the malfunctions. What is the evidence of a wet cough in a child and how dangerous is it?
Causes of wet cough in a child
Coughing is an exhaled breath through the mouth caused by irritating respiratory tract receptors. The resulting physiological processes - reduction of the laryngeal muscular tissue, increased muscle tone of the bronchial system, tension of the abdominal muscles - are reflex. The cough reflex is unconditional, it acts as a protective function of the body, which allows to remove foreign bodies, other annoying objects.
The presence of a wet cough in a child in most cases is not dangerous, threatening life and health in general, a symptom. Doctors call this kind of expectoration mucus productive: muscles of the bronchial tree contract, getting rid of interfering foreign bodies - sputum, dust particles, allergens. Pulmonologists, pediatricians insist - neither wet, nor dry cough is not treated! It is necessary to identify the cause of the occurrence and act on it.
So, the reasons for the productive excretion of sputum in a child are:
- Catarrhal, viral and other diseases.
- A variety of respiratory tract infections.
- Bacterial complications.
- Bronchial asthma.
- Chronic diseases.
- Runny nose or snot.
- Physiological causes (often found in infants, when milk enters the respiratory tract).
- Teething. From the age of 8 months most babies have their first teeth. Abundant salivation, inflammation of mucous membranes become "provocateurs."
In which cases the appearance of a wet cough in a child should trigger an emergency response of the parents, the presence and supervision of a physician:
- Age of the child (1 year). Danger of wet coughing in the baby due to underdevelopment of the body's systems and the inability to effectively cough. While the baby does not know how to sit down, sputum accumulates in the bronchi. A wet gurgling cough can cause vomiting, cause breathing problems.
- The temperature is higher than 38 for three or more days.
- Sudden, prolonged seizures in the child.
- The presence of shortness of breath with frequency:
- more than 60 breaths - in nursing crumbs up to 3 months;
- more than 50 breaths per minute - a one-year-old child;
- from 40 and above breaths at the child at the age of 2 years and is more senior.
- The presence of wheezing, wheezing, barking may indicate lung inflammation that occurs without temperature or be a bacteriological complication of an untreated viral infection.
- When the child's plentiful sputum is greenish; impurity of blood; reddish color.
- Persistent wet cough in children 3 years and older, accompanied by a decrease / loss of appetite; lethargy; sleepiness.
Folk remedies for cough and phlegm
When treating with a variety of methods should be guided by the age of the child and the nature of the course of the disease. The absence of fever, appetite, accompanied by a wet cough after a previous illness, should not cause acute anxiety of parents. Particular attention, cares require kids to a year. When you have a cough in a baby, you must always call a doctor at home! Strong seizures, up to and including vomiting, can be provoked:
- Pertussis stick. This is one of the few cases when a cough occurs after taking medications that slow the cough center in the brain. Self-medication is strictly prohibited, and for the diagnosis by laboratory tests it is necessary to confirm the presence of pertussis in the child's body.
- Stenosis of the larynx (laryngotracheitis). Urgently call in this case an ambulance: you with a baby need hospitalization! While you are waiting for a doctor, dial hot water into the bathroom, after closing the door. Keep the baby in a damp warm microclimate, trying to soothe as much as possible.
The remaining cases of wet cough in babies before the year, as well as in more adult children and adolescents, are excellent for treatment with the help of physiotherapy - inhalations, chest massage; respiratory gymnastics; mild physical exertion; stay fresh air. Let's consider in detail how quickly to get rid of a wet cough.
A great way to "translate" a cough from dry to wet, working on the upper respiratory tract with warm air, essential oils, saturated soda, salt, iodine are inhalations. Remember from childhood the way to treat a cold "breathe over boiled potatoes"? So, our grandmothers and mothers were right: warm air, warming the trachea and nasopharynx, dilutes the mucus, improving the motor function of the ciliated epithelium. This method is ideal for those who get sputum in the throat and upper tracts.
Modern medicine for the convenience of children and parents suggests using special inhalers:
- Cheaper and simpler versions are presented by a tub and a tube with nozzles.
- The nebulizer is a medical device for use at home. By inhaling the liquids turned into an aerosol state (drugs, soda water, etc.), the viscous sputum is perfectly diluted in the child.
Efficiently performed at home by parents or a specialist chest massage, helping to get rid of the child from a wet cough. Light tapping movements; wide sweeping strokes with pressure on the chest, performed from the top down; kneading and tingling will increase the flow of blood to the bronchi and lungs, stimulating the liquefaction of mucus and excretion phlegm.
Other effective remedies
Herbal decoctions, tinctures of berries have long been known as effective means of getting rid of a child from coughing. To dry cough turned into wet, brew on, l water 4 tablespoons. thoracic collection. Tincture of dog rose (100 g of dry berries per liter of water) will raise the tone, saturating the body with vitamin C; decoction of lime strengthens expectorant component, diluting sputum; Chamomile tea, being a natural antiseptic, will help to get rid of bacteria and viruses.
Good for the child in the treatment of wet cough breathing exercises. Promotes relaxation of the cough center, reduces the frequency of urge, promotes the normalization of the ciliary epithelium of the respiratory system. To improve the activity of the lungs, "pumping" larger volumes of air, buy baby inflatable balls. By combining the game with breathing procedures when inflating the latter, you will help the baby.
The list of expectorants for "receiving" a productive cough in a child is divided into two groups:
- Medicines that dilute sputum.
- Drugs that improve the excretion of sputum from the bronchi, lungs.
The form of the drug - tablets, medicine or syrup - depends on the age of the child. All medicines are divided into natural and synthetic. The merits of the first should include a minimum of chemical additives, which weakened by the disease the body of the child will receive when ingestion. The downside is the unpredictable response of the body to natural components: an allergy sometimes leads to increased wet cough and bouts.
Mummies of little children, wondering what to give a child, you should pay attention to chemical dyes and additives that improve the taste of syrups: they can cause allergies, causing increased cough reflex. The pharmaceutical contains syrups:
- Reflex action on the respiratory system:
- Pectolvan ivy;
- Stoppussin Fito syrup;
- Bronchikum and others.
- Resorptive actions that improve the secretion of mucus:
Dry medicine for children is a combination medicine, facilitates a wet cough, normalizes the activity of the cilia of the bronchial epithelium. Refers to natural phytopreparations, is shown to children from infancy. It is taken orally in liquid form: the powder is diluted with boiled water in the proportions indicated on the liner. Excess dosage is not allowed!
The tablet form of medications is more suitable for children of middle age and older. Tablets contain fewer dyes, and the effects on wet cough rates are just as effective for a child as syrups and potions. A small list of expectorants:
- Pills for cough;
- Eucabal and others.
How to treat a wet cough without temperature according to Komarovsky
Children's cough often occurs due to viral / bacterial damage to the body (SARS, bronchitis, laryngitis, snot, etc.). or due to violation of the optimal conditions for the existence of an individual child (dust, mold, over-dried air, and etc.). Methods and means for treating wet cough depend on the causes of the disease, the age of the child and the course of the disease. How to cure phlegm in a child?
Gather and calm down, and then take a series of measures aimed at:
- relief of the coughing process, which helps dilute thick, viscous mucus;
- creating humidity in the room up to 60-70%;
- ensuring the absence of allergens, even if the child is not allergic;
- stopping the use of medicines when a wet productive cough appears;
- categorical prohibition of taking antitussive drugs (except for pertussis, croup) with a damp cough.
What to do if the sputum does not go away
If the child's wet cough has gone to dry, you need to understand the reasons:
- Taking antitussive drugs disables natural reflexes of airway cleansing. Adopted by themselves, not for the intended purpose, they can translate the wet productive cough of the child into barking dry. The solution will be the rejection of medicines, copious drinking, the reception of mucolytic drugs.
- Reception of antibiotics in ARVI, mutually exclusive reception of individual drugs may cause the formation of a dry cough, although at the initial stage the child was wet.
- After a brief improvement after a cold, the conversion of wet cough to dry evidence of lowering the infection in the lower respiratory tract or of attaching bacterial damage to the body. In this case, an immediate visit to the doctor is required!
Video: Dr. Komarovsky on a damp child cough
Wet coughing in a child is not always an indicator of the presence of a disease. It is considered a normal physiological process, if during the day your baby clears up to 10-15 times. So local immunity reacts to interaction with viruses, dust, bacteria. Coughing in the morning in children indicates the drying of the nasopharynx during sleep, and the airways tend to get rid of the slime that has accumulated during the night. How to behave to parents, if the child has a wet cough, find out by watching our video:
How to treat cough with phlegm?Cough with phlegm in a child is a protective mechanism by which the respiratory system is cleansed of substances that irritate it. These can be chemical or physical substances. Most often, coughing in children is provoked by bacteria, toxins, dust, smoke, foreign bodies. Due to wet cough, a large amount of sputum is released outside. If it is rare it is normal, thus, outwardly displays an excess amount of guttural mucus.
When a child is healthy he coughs no more than 15 times a day, he does it in the morning, this way the respiratory system is cleared. A baby can cough because of getting into the respiratory tract milk, mucus of the nose, tears. In infants, a wet cough is triggered by increased secretion of saliva during teething.
When should you take measures when you have a wet cough in a child?
1. The child begins to cough suddenly, he does not get to clear his throat, he starts to choke.
2. In addition to a damp cough, shortness of breath occurs.
3. High body temperature above 38 degrees.
4. The child does not eat for a long time.
5. Cough accompanied by strong wheezing.
6. Sputum in a child with blood, green.
7. The child complains of chest pains.
8. Cough strangles the child at night, he can not fully sleep.
9. A wet cough lasts more than two weeks, for months.
All this indicates a serious illness of the respiratory system, so it is very important to take the necessary measures in a timely manner.
Causes of wet cough in children
1. Infections that affect the upper respiratory tract - ARI, ARVI.
2. In cases of obstructive bronchitis.
3. Because of pneumonia.
4. Cough is typical for bronchial asthma, various allergic reactions.
5. Because of a common cold, most often allergic.
6. With tuberculosis, lung abscess.
Sputum type in a child with a damp cough
Treatment will depend on the type of secretion secreted:
1. For bronchitis, tracheitis is characterized by a large amount of sputum.
2. Pneumonia is characterized by sputum rusty color.
3. In the inflammatory process of the respiratory tract, sputum is watery.
4. Bronchial asthma is accompanied by viscous vitreous sputum.
5. In cases of tuberculosis, heart problems, sputum appears with blood.
6. With abscess of the lungs, bronchiectasis, sputum with pus and unpleasant odor.
Methods for treating wet cough in children
Note that in childhood, sputum departs worse than in an adult. Because sputum differs in its viscosity, the respiratory musculature of the child is not developed. If a child has a long time in the bronchi, the bacteria multiply actively in it, because of this the disease is complicated, a person can not recover for a long time. To cure a wet cough in a child, you need to withdraw sputum as soon as possible.
Drugs include mucolytics, with the help of which they can form sputum, and dilute it, to relieve the viscosity I will help expectorant medications - Pectusin, breastfeeding, Dr. Mom, solutan. Also used are synthetic drugs such as ATSTS, ambroksom, bromheksin, often prescribed treatment with lazolvanom. With the help of their fast output in the child thick sputum, which is typical for pneumonia and cystic fibrosis.
In no case can not be used from a wet cough medicine for coughing, they will further aggravate the disease, sputum will settle in the bronchi or lungs, the inflammatory process will begin to develop.
When the child becomes easier, you do not need to continue to give medicines, especially if the baby is eating normally, actively moving, he can cough it up himself.
Breast children can get rid of sputum with the help of rubbing your back, chest, you need to do this very carefully. Children who are more than 5 years old can be treated with a wet cough with steam inhalations, using soda, herbal infusions, essential oils and iodine.
Children often suffer from various allergic manifestations, so if you notice a rash on the skin, a pain in the abdomen, you should immediately contact your doctor and cancel the drug.
What are the conditions for a child with a wet cough?
1. The optimum room temperature is 20 degrees.
2. The air must be clean, free of dust, because it can further aggravate the disease, negatively affects the condition of the lungs.
3. In the room where there is a sick child, there should be no carpets, blankets, soft toys.
4. When you do the vacuuming, the child needs to be moved to another room.
5. Refuse the means of household chemicals, perfumes, aerosols, paints.
6. To monitor the humidity of air, it should not dry out. Because the child will not develop protective substances that enter the mucus. The sputum thickens, it will be difficult to expectorate it. Note that in the viscous sputum bacteria like to breed.
7. The higher the humidity in the room, the more productive the cough.
8. As much as possible the child should drink fluids - tea with lemon, mors, compotes with dried fruits, mineral still water.
9. To saturate the body of the child with the necessary amount of salts, minerals, it is necessary to use Regidron.
10. To walk with the child in the open air. So he can quickly get stronger. But do not let the child run actively, you should not allow increased sweating, because if he loses fluid, the viscosity of phlegm will increase even more, the mucous membranes will be inadequate to work, cough even more will increase.
11. With a wet cough, a child should not constantly adhere to bed rest, the more he moves, the faster the sputum goes.
Thus, before you treat a wet cough in a child, you need to consult a doctor who is treating you if you need to do this. Then create all the necessary conditions and apply only medicines to the doctor's prescription. Treatment is necessary in the event that the disease is aggravated, and for a long time does not pass.