Cough with phlegm: what and how to treat if there is no temperature
If adults have a persistent dry or wet cough, this condition indicates a loss of airway, which causes this or that disease.
Such a symptom is a kind of self-defense of the body and is caused when foreign particles appear in the respiratory organs, for example, it can be green sputum when coughing.
Often with catarrhal diseases, there is a cough with sputum, which coughs up. Sputum is a viscous thick liquid that is produced by the mucous membrane.
Its basis is water with glycoproteins, lipids and immunoglobulins. Depending on the composition, the foamy consistency can have a different color, which varies from pale yellow to green and brown. From coughing with obvious phlegm, expectoration occurs, and microbes and accumulated toxins are removed from the respiratory tract.In most cases, dry cough is transformed into a wet cough with phlegm, which is expectorated. The most common reason that provokes it is smoking.
During smoking, a large amount of mucus accumulates in the airways, which leads to a strong cough with phlegm.
Also smoking paralyzes the thin hairs that are in the airways, because of which expectoration is greatly complicated.
Causes and types of phlegm on coughing
Cough without fever can cause a variety of diseases. One of the reasons for the appearance of symptoms is the development of asthma. At the initial stage of the disease, the patient feels slight hoarseness and a dry cough with hard-to-recover sputum. After a while the wheezing becomes strong and a strong cough with sputum appears. In this case, a thick foamy mucus may form in the form of precipitates.
In addition, it can be noted:
- Another cause may be chronic bronchitis. A similar disease with chronic blocking of the airways causes a dry cough that gradually passes into a cough without temperature. In this liquid consistency can contain salty purulent mucus brown.
- Cough with yellow sputum often occurs as a result of the appearance of a common cold. In this case, the color of sputum during a cough may change, as pus accumulates in it.
- Mucus in large quantities in the way of breathing accumulates if there is an inhalation of dust, smoke and other irritants that provoke a cough with phlegm.
Often, these symptoms are observed with an allergic reaction or chronic sinusitis. A green liquid consistency when coughing is observed if the disease has become chronic.
A severe cough and with phlegm can also report the presence of such a serious disease as lung cancer. Therefore, it is worthwhile to be alerted if bloody veins are found in the consistency. Also, mucus may contain purulent clusters.
If the dry cough has flowed smoothly into a cough with phlegm, this can be a signal of the development of pneumonia. Yellow or gray salted phlegm in turn changes color due to the activity of bacteria present in it.
Yellow sputum when coughingThe appearance of yellow sputum may indicate that the patient develops bronchitis, pneumonia or sinusitis. In the event that a cough with sheer yellow sputum appears unexpectedly and abruptly, you should immediately consult a doctor to begin treatment as soon as possible.
Especially dangerous if the mucus contains purulent or blood clots. The yellow color appears, as a rule, when the main consistency is mixed with pus.
To accurately diagnose the disease and prescribe the right treatment, the doctor prescribes sputum analysis, which is collected in a special jar. The procedure is performed in the morning on an empty stomach, before that the oral cavity is rinsed with a weak antiseptic solution.
Also purulent sputum can be yellow with frequent smoking. With bronchitis, the color of the liquid consistency can reveal the cause of the disease and the presence of bacteria in the body.
Treatment is prescribed only after careful examination and clarification of the exact diagnosis.
White sputum curd consistency indicates the presence of respiratory tract fungus infection or tuberculosis. Fungi can affect the bronchi as a result of prolonged antibiotic treatment with reduced immunity. This leads to the appearance of a pathogenic microflora on the mucosa. In the case of tuberculosis, mucus is usually released in small amounts.
If white spots are found in the white sputum, the doctor can diagnose a pulmonary complication due to damage during the coughing of the laryngeal vessels. A white, watery consistency may be caused by external stimuli, a viral infection or diseases of the respiratory organs.
Transparent sputum indicates that the inflammatory process is absent. A thick and transparent consistency can indicate that lung inflammation, bronchitis, allergies, asthma or colds develop.
With a constant increase in the amount of mucus and sputum, the patient is poisoned, so it is important to start treatment on time to prevent congestion in the bronchi.
Cough and blood
Bloody splotches in the sputum when coughing report a respiratory disease. If such symptoms appear, you should immediately seek medical help in order to identify the causes and start the necessary treatment.
When the reasons lie in the development of lung cancer, the blood in the sputum is in the form of veins. Including a cough with blood can be caused by bronchitis, in this case you can find small scarlet veins in a small amount.
If the causes are the development of pneumonia, fresh cords of blood will appear from the cough with sputum. From what caused the painful symptoms, it will depend on what treatment the doctor will prescribe.
A protracted coughProlonged is a cough that lasts more than four to eight weeks, with a positive dynamics to recovery is not observed. This condition is a very disturbing symptom that reports a serious illness.
Before the treatment begins, the doctor prescribes the X-ray of the lungs to exclude cancer. The reasons for this state of the patient can be reduced to the presence of inflammation, bronchial asthma, tuberculosis. A prolonged cough may also occur in heavy smokers with prolonged bronchitis. Such a disease is considered chronic and it is difficult to cure it.
A prolonged cough is observed in people who, in the nature of their activities, are associated with chemicals. In particular, with constant contact with asbestos, people often develop asbestosis disease.
To get rid of the disease, it is required to change the kind of activity, so as not to contract with the stimulus, there are no other ways to solve such a problem.
The appearance of cough in the morning
Quite often people cough in the morning, and there's nothing to worry about. Thus, they cough up phlegm, which accumulated overnight in the respiratory tract. However, it is important to understand that in healthy people mucus departs in small amounts. If a large amount of sputum is produced, there may be reasons for this.
Most often in the morning, heavy smokers and coughing up mucus inveterate smokers. As you know, a morning cough of a chronic nature signals about tobacco poisoning. If you do not start treatment on time, the symptoms will only increase.
Causes of severe cough in the morning can also be chronic lung disease, tuberculosis. The patient can cough intensely if mucus from the nasal sinuses is stuck in the throat.
Treatment of cough with phlegm
When cough and sputum is caused by acute respiratory viral infection or bronchitis, the accumulated consistency is difficult the physician prescribes treatment with the use of special mucolytics, which dilute sputum. Also, in the case of difficultly separated sputum, expectorants are prescribed.
Many people, worrying about their health, sometimes refuse to take medicine, giving preference to folk remedies. However, it must be borne in mind that such treatments may also have contraindications and cause side effects. Therefore, before starting treatment, you should consult your doctor.
It is also important to understand that mucolytic and antitussive drugs can not be taken at the same time, otherwise the patient's condition will only worsen.
Medicinal products that relieve cough are divided into three main groups:
- Expectorants are prescribed if it is required to treat symptoms of a cold with sparse phlegm.
- Anti-cough medicines are prescribed when it is necessary to treat an unproductive and dry cough.
- Mucolytic drugs are used when it is required to treat symptoms with thick, viscous and difficult to separate sputum.
Coughs of expectorant actionQuickly and effectively cure moist cough Althea's preparations, including Mukaltin, Alteika syrup and Althea's Root, will help. Medicinal expectorant is prescribed if it is necessary to treat acute and chronic pathologies of the respiratory system in the form of bronchitis, emphysema of the lungs, tracheobronchitis. The drug is used for viscous hard to separate sputum.
The drug dilutes the consistency, relieves inflammation, stimulates the wave-like contractions of the walls of the bronchi, so that mucus is easily removed from the respiratory tract. However, to treat Althea with symptoms is contraindicated in case of individual sensitivity, ulcer of the duodenum and stomach. Diabetics should also be cautious during treatment.
Preparations based on thermopsis help to cure cold symptoms by irritating the center of breathing, which contributes to expectoration of sputum. This includes pills for coughing Termopsol, Kodelak bronchus with thyme. The medicine has an expectorant, anti-inflammatory and mucolytic effect due to the content in the active elements.
Quickly cure a wet cough is helped by breastfeeding, which includes such medicinal herbs as oregano, mother-and-stepmother, plantain, licorice, sage, anise, marshmallow, pine buds from cough, chamomile, violet, ledum, calendula.
Also, many prefer to treat the symptoms of cold with the help of the Bronchophyte elixir, it contains a rosemary, plantain, anise, licorice, sage, violet, thyme.
Mucolytic drugs for coughing
Mucolytic drugs are prescribed to drink when you need to treat bronchitis. Such preparations dilute sputum, improve its excretion and, thus, break favorable conditions for the reproduction of pathogenic organisms.
Drugs, the active ingredient of which is acetylcysteine, help get rid of severe symptoms in chronic bronchitis. They are also taken with laryngitis, otitis media, pneumonia. These drugs are contraindicated for pulmonary hemorrhage, bronchial asthma, adrenal pathology, hepatic and renal insufficiency.
Bromhexine and its preparations Solvin and Bronchosan are widely used in the conduct of inhalations. The effect of treatment can be seen after only 2 days. With increased viscosity, sputum is prescribed to drink drugs based on carbocisteine, among which medicines such as Fluidite, Fluviert, Bronhobos and Libexin Muno.
An interesting video in this article offers information on how to cure a cough.
Causes and treatment of green sputum when coughing
Coughing is a symptom that can point to a variety of different pathologies. To determine the causes of this symptom, you should determine the type of cough and the accompanying symptoms. Sputum or its absence is very important in diagnosis. Dry and wet cough indicate different diseases, therefore, their treatment should be carried out in different ways. When a patient has a cough with phlegm, it is very important to pay attention to her color and understand what causes caused the formation of such symptoms. The link describes why there is yellow sputum when coughing. About green sputum will be written in this article.
Causes of pathology
Very often people do not attach much importance to such manifestation of a disease as green sputum. But, in fact, this is a very important reason for seeking help. In this case, the green discharge during coughing can be accompanied by a rise in temperature or without a rise in temperature, which indicates an easy course of the disease
If the sputum produced during coughing has a green color, this may indicate the presence of a lung abscess or the initial stage of gangrene. Green mucus is a symptom that indicates swelling. Most often this occurs with genyantritis, inflammation of the bronchi.This color of sputum suggests the presence of an infection in the body, which began to multiply.As a rule, this occurs with tracheobronchitis. And the disease begins to manifest itself with a common cold. The discharge of green mucus occurs from the nose. She descends the walls of the nasopharynx and departs during a cough. As a rule, green sputum has an unpleasant odor.
If you have been tortured with coughing attacks with a discharge of thick sputum green, and you do not have a fever, the following diseases can cause this pathology:
- bronchiectatic disease;
- sinusitis (here you can learn about the signs of sinusitis and how to treat it);
- inflammation of the bronchi;
- cystic fibrosis;
- tracheitis (here it is described what antibiotics are taken with tracheitis and laryngitis);
- asthma; Frequent smoking.
In small patients, the withdrawal of green sputum without temperature can provoke:
- helminthic invasions;
- reaction of the body to chemical products;
- lack of humidity in the ambient air;
- psychological factors;
- presence of foreign matter in the lung;
- whooping cough;
- pathology of the digestive system.
The video describes the causes of green sputum when coughing:
There are a number of pathological processes, which are characterized by the accumulation of large amounts of mucus in the respiratory tract. If the withdrawal of sputum is accompanied by a rise in temperature, then we can talk about the presence of the following pathologies:
- abscess of the lungs;
- bronchial asthma;
- lungs' cancer;
- inflammation of the bronchi;
- pulmonary edema;
- a heart attack.
If you have a green sputum with a cough, then immediately go to the clinic for an appointment. No matter if you have a fever or not, this symptom already indicates a certain pathology.
To achieve the maximum result during treatment and a speedy recovery, the following tips should be adhered to:
- Therapy should begin only after the preliminary cause of the cough has been determined.
- Determine the type of cough: dry or wet (read what to do if the cough does not go away for a long time).
- All medicines and their dosage should be assigned individually.Here it is worth taking into account the main diagnosis, concomitant diseases, symptoms, individual characteristics.Also, you should pay attention to the properties of the drugs used to avoid side effects.
Find out what to do if the cough does not pass.
Reviews on the effect of radish with honey from cough: http://prolor.ru/g/bolezni-g/kashel/redka-s-medom-recept.html.
Treatment in adults
The success of treatment is to reduce the amount of sputum. This factor indicates a positive trend. Also, the positive effect of therapy will be observed when green sputum gradually acquires a light color. About recovery is said and liquefaction of sputum. All these symptoms indicate an improvement in the condition if the patient has been prescribed the following treatment:
- To remove nasal congestion, several times a day, rinse it with sea water. For these purposes it is worthwhile to use chemist's water, which is purified in a special way. Effective are the following drugs Humer, Aquamaris and Aqualor.
- It is not necessary to curb cough, as this will only slow down the process of recovery. To improve expectoration, traditional medicine will come to the rescue. The most effective is a preparation prepared on the basis of carrot seeds and sunflower seeds. They should go to a glass container, add water and alcohol in the same ratio. After that, tightly close the dishes, wait 3 days until the agent is infused. Take on the dining room bed in between meals 3 times a day.
- Improve the removal of green mucus will help compresses. It is best to use a pack of cooked potatoes or with a composition made from flour, mustard powder, aloe juice, alcohol and interior fat. These substances help to ease the overall health of the patient and quickly remove the green mucus.
The video describes the treatment of green sputum when coughing:
Therapy for children
Cough therapy with the removal of green mucus in young patients is made taking into account the cause of the underlying ailment. If there is a viral infection, the doctor will prescribe symptomatic treatment. Do this on time, otherwise the bacterial infection may join the virus. If the nature of the disease is known, then therapy should include the use of antibiotics. The choice of medicament should be carried out only by the attending physician. Here is described the treatment of cough with phlegm in the baby.
If the cause of cough with green sputum is bronchitis, then children are prescribed expectorant and mucolytic drugs. Their action is aimed at dilution of sputum, as a result of which it is possible to easily derive a pathological secret. It is not recommended to use antitussives, since they will not produce phlegm, but, on the contrary, will keep it in the airways.
When a cough with green sputum appeared on the background of tuberculosis, cancer, edema and pneumonia, the treatment should take place in a hospital. It is very important to diagnose the disease in time, and for the treatment to be effective, it is necessary to undergo regular check-ups.
Cough with green sputum is a very important symptom of the disease. Such a pathology can occur with or without temperature. Bacteria and harmful microorganisms can provoke an ailment. It is very important to determine the cause of the disease in time, so that all unpleasant symptoms leave the body, and a speedy recovery occurred. Perhaps you will also be useful information about the causes of cough in the morning.
Strong cough without fever in the adult: causes, treatment and varieties
- Dry cough
- Prolonged cough
A severe cough without fever in an adult is a widespread symptom among people of young and old age.
Characteristic for various diseases, in the absence of treatment, prolonged coughing is steadily progresses in most cases, leading to the development of complications that significantly reduce the quality of life patient.
A growing strong cough without fever in an adult is a sign of an infectious process, characteristic of a decrease in immunity or for elderly patients.
Paroxysmal cough paroxysms are pathognomonic for the initial stages of whooping cough, which occurs without fever, runny nose and general impairment in children and adults. Night attacks are typical for exacerbation or debut of bronchial asthma as a result of irritation of the bronchial mucosa on the background of an allergic reaction. For asthma, a typical exhalation in the presence of a normal inhalation of air, hypersecretion of viscous sputum provokes the development of a strong cough without temperature in an adult and a child.
The causes of the pathological process are:
- nonspecific inflammation (ENT organs, upper respiratory tract, bronchi, trachea, lungs);
- infection (influenza, parainfluenza, measles, SARS, whooping cough, adenovirus, cytomegalovirus);
- allergy (pollinosis, sinusitis, bronchial asthma);
- trauma (foreign bodies, damage to the esophagus);
- cardiac arrhythmia (extrasystole, vegetovascular dystonia).
Manifestation of a symptom at night on the background of a stoppage of breathing and prolonged smoking in the anamnesis is a pathognomonic clinical picture of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Bronchitis of the smoker is transformed into an irreversible form, manifestations of which is a steadily progressing cough with the development of respiratory insufficiency of various degrees of severity.
Prolonged cough in an infant is a sign of the fistula of the thoracic esophagus, through which food enters the respiratory tract, causing irritation and a protracted inflammatory process.An incessant cough in childhood is a diagnostic problem that disrupts the physiological breathing and normal development of the child.
To suspect an infectious process the doctor will allow diagnostic examination, examination of sputum and the delivery of tests. Early treatment of severe cough without fever in adults and children is done taking into account the characteristics of the cough, its duration and the overall clinical picture.
Dry and wet cough differ depending on the stage and etiology of the process. Dry cough is the initial stage of inflammatory diseases, in which coughing tremors are a reflex mechanism. A dry, violent cough develops when foreign bodies enter the body, aimed at removing it from the upper respiratory tract. A moist cough is formed as a result of increased production of serous or purulent sputum, the ingestion of which into the lungs causes the development of pneumonia.
This complication is typical for people who have weak respiratory muscles and a sedentary lifestyle.Antitussives with a dry cough are used to stop the syndrome, eliminate inflammation of the mucous membrane. The purpose of the drug with moist cough promotes the development of severe forms of pneumonia. Expectorants with a damp cough are prescribed against the background of taking antibiotics to prevent the multiplication of pathogens.
When taking medication, you need to consume large amounts of water to dilute sputum. Breastfeeding is a folk remedy for cough, used in outpatient treatment. Herbal infusion is prepared in the following way: for 200 ml of boiling water dilute two or three tablespoons. collection, and then leave to insist for one hour. Feedback on the forums indicate the high effectiveness of this method for the treatment of dry and wet cough. The infusion is used 3 times a day for 10-14 days.
Dry cough without fever in an adult: a variety and their treatmentDry cough without fever in an adult has the following types and tactics of treatment.
Specific antiviral or antibacterial treatment is shown against the background of the use of expectorants and mokrotorazhizhayuschih drugs. The expediency of therapy is determined by the severity of the inflammatory process, in severe cases, in-patient treatment is required.
Removal of a foreign body is performed surgically or by bronchoscopy. Elimination of the cause of arrhythmia is under the control of a cardiologist, specific drugs are prescribed that stop the manifestation of extrasystole and vegetovascular dystonia.
Prolonged cough with phlegmis a sign of an infectious process, influenza, ARVI or pneumonia. Often accompanied by inflammation of the larynx, trachea and ENT organs. Accompanied by:
- high temperature;
- general weakness;
- decreased performance.
- Prolonged cough without phlegm(dry) is typical for allergic processes, bronchial asthma or the initial stages of infection (in the presence of rashes). An unproductive cough is accompanied by a sore throat, a throat, a heaviness in the head. Antiallergic therapy reduces exacerbation in the early stages.
- Prolonged cough without feverIs a characteristic syndrome of cardiac arrhythmia, foreign body entry to the mucosa or vocal cords. Diagnosis takes a long time, relief comes immediately after a targeted treatment, taking pills.
- Prolonged cough with phlegm without temperatureis formed with increased mucus production, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, prolonged smoking, and work with construction dust, asbestos or cotton wool. In addition, dry cough without temperature in an adult is manifested with pulmonary tuberculosis, open or closed form, lung radiography clarifies the diagnosis.
Treatment of chronic obstruction begins with quitting smoking and taking bronchodilators short or long-acting. With the growth of fibrotic processes in the bronchi, patients are assigned enzyme preparations, as well as hormone therapy. With pulmonary tuberculosis, the patient is sent for specific therapy to the physiotherapy department of the hospital.
A prolonged cough without fever in an adult: a type of treatmentA prolonged cough without fever in an adult requires an early onset of a specific treatment after going through a wide diagnostic examination to determine the exact cause of the onset.
A blood test, sputum culture, as well as instrumental and functional research methods allow differentiate allergic and infectious diseases, foreign bodies of the upper respiratory tract and esophagus.
General treatment includes:
- to give up smoking;
- general strengthening procedures;
- enhancing the immune properties of the body;
- removal of the allergen;
- frequent wet cleaning.
Prevention of acute respiratory infections and infections is aimed at limiting contacts during the epidemic period, regular intake of immunoprophylactic drugs, and routine vaccination according to the vaccination schedule.
Mantoux reaction allows detecting tuberculosis infection at early stages, initiating early specific therapy, which significantly reduces the risk of exacerbations.
Medical treatment has the following directions:
Preparations for infectious and fungal diseases that have caused a prolonged cough without temperature at the adult, are selected individually by the attending physician taking into account the clinical picture and the affected organ.With severe pain on the background of coughing, an urgent start of treatment is required because of the high stress on the respiratory musculature.
With asthma and allergic pharyngitis treatment begins with anti-allergic antihistamines drugs, which are supplemented with bronchodilators to facilitate breathing and eliminate symptoms of cough. The bronchodilators work almost immediately, they are taken in the form of inhalations according to the doctor's prescription.
Folk remedies are aimed at restoring the mucous membrane of the upper respiratory tract, reducing the production of sputum and mucus.Individual herbal infusions, such as oak bark, affect the degree of intensity of the inflammatory process, reducing the production of pro-inflammatory enzymes in the lesion.
Lime, marshmallow and plantain are used as antitussive drugs, but can be used only after consulting a doctor because of the risk of side effects. Breastfeeding is the safest and most versatile method for softly stopping a prolonged cough without fever in an adult and a child over 10 years of age..
Treatment of a damp cough in an adult: how and how to treat a wet cough
A strong wet cough is a protective mechanism that arises from the damage to the bronchial mucosa, trachea and larynx. The main task of this reflex is the resumption of airway patency.
Wet cough is accompanied by sputum discharge. In medicine, it is called "productive."
It is worth noting that the wet type of cough in an adult is not a disease, but one of its manifestations. To cure this symptom it is important to understand the causes of its occurrence, which will eliminate the causative agent of the disease.
Factors of occurrence
In an adult, cough syndrome with sputum production may appear for the following reasons:
- bronchial asthma;
- after SARS, colds, parainfluenza and influenza;
- neoplasms in the lungs;
- complication of airway inflammation;
- infection is chronic (syphilis, tuberculosis).
Chronic disease can be present for a long time in the body in a "dormant" regime and manifest only when favorable conditions occur.
Therefore, a strong wet cough may indicate that a period of exacerbation has come.
Thanks to the survey, you can find out the reasons for the non-productive cough. Diagnosis consists of such activities as:
- X-ray or fluorography;
- examination of the patient with listening to the chest;
- sometimes percussion is done;
- general analysis of urine and blood.
In addition, you may need additional diagnosis - a smear from the larynx, bacterial sputum culture and so on.
Treatment of a damp cough is carried out only after the formation of a clinical picture and description of the disease.
With a damp cough in an adult, antitussive drugs that suppress the protective reflex of the respiratory tract can not be used. In this case, the sputum released will accumulate in the lungs, thereby forming favorable conditions for the inflammatory process and the progression of the infection.To get rid of a wet cough that has a viral or bacterial nature, use drugs that expectorate and dilute sputum. So, a moist cough can be cured if you take syrups.
However, it is best to purchase such medications after a medical consultation, when the cause of this unpleasant symptom will be revealed.
It is desirable that the composition of the drug contain substances that dilute sputum and stimulate immune processes:
- organic acids and so on.
In addition, tablets and other preparations from wet cough based on plant substances (seneg, thyme, plantain, primrose) deserve special attention. Many positive reviews have such drugs as Bromgeksin, Pectoral, Herbion, Prospan.
Such funds are intended for the treatment of all types of cough. Therefore, when buying them, you should clarify that you need a syrup that helps cure the wet cough.
In addition, a wet cough can be cured by dissolving expectorants and mucolytic (dilute and excrete sputum) tablets. Mucolytic cough medicines with sputum are:
- Flumitsil (solution for inhalations and injections);
- ATSTS (tablets);
- Mucosol (tablets);
- Mukobene (tablets);
- Ambrolan (tablets);
- Ambrobe (syrup);
- Lazolvan (syrup).
- Sodium bicarbonate (powder, solution);
- Amtersol (syrup);
- Stoptussin (syrup, tablets);
- Mucaltin (tablets);
- Doctor MOM (syrup, ointment);
- Bronchicum (syrup);
- Travisil (tablets).
Moreover, adults with a damp cough can use homeopathic ointments. Such a drug quickly penetrates the body through the skin. This is the best medicine for warming the airways.
Even at home, you can do various inhalations when coughing. Thus, the inhalation of a therapeutic vapor contributes to the release and subsequent dilution of sputum and stimulation of expectoration.
To get rid of wet cough at home, you can make a mixture of saline and mineral water, and to enhance the effect there should also add 2-3 drops of coniferous aroma oil.
Today, you can quickly cure a wet cough at home using a nebulizer. This device is the best tool for inhalation treatment. It allows you to direct the vapor flow into the respiratory tract. The duration of the procedure can be unlimited, that is, the patient must regulate it at his own discretion.
- Compressor. These devices are universal, which allows the use of various medications.
- Steam. It is possible to apply only aromamasla.
- Ultrasound. Apply if you need to cure bronchitis. You can use salt solutions and herbal solutions.
How to treat a moist cough with folk remediesTreatment of wet cough at home can be quite effective if you use medicinal herbs and other useful products. So, to cure a wet cough in an adult person, you can prepare an infusion of flax seeds.
To this end, 2 hours. l. flaxseed poured 250 ml of water and cook for 10 minutes. The resulting broth is drunk warm with honey throughout the day.
In addition, antitussive drugs can be replaced with the following folk remedy, prepared at home: 1 tbsp. l. Dry sage pour 250 ml of boiling water and insist 25 minutes.
The resulting infusion is filtered and mixed with milk. The medicine is taken warm at least 4 times a day.
In addition, a strong and moist cough can be eliminated with the help of ordinary garlic and onions. To this end, you need to cut the vegetable in half, and then inhale the healing couples.
Moreover, with productive cough, the best remedy is that which is made on the basis of medicinal herbs. So, a glass of lime blossom should be mixed with 0.5 cups of birch buds. Next, you should pour 250 ml of water and cook for 5 minutes.
The medicine is filtered and cooled. It must be drunk within 4 days. Before use in the remedy you need to add a little honey and 0.5 h. l. juice of aloe.
Even at home, you can prepare a remedy for a wet cough and temperature based on black radish. To do this, the root crop must be cleaned, chopped, put on a plate and pour with honey. Through time from the radish will be allocated juice, which should be drunk for 1 hour. l. at a time.
Moreover, an effective natural remedy replacing immunostimulating drugs is regular ginger tea, which can be easily prepared at home. So, a glass of water should be added no more than 1 hour. l. crushed root.
Another effective remedy to cure a wet cough is milk with garlic. To do this, five garlic cloves pour 250 ml of boiled milk and insist 25 minutes. The medicine is drunk warm 2-3 times a day, and details about the treatment can be found in the video in this article.
Cough without phlegm
Silent Storm ...
Tracheitis or bronchotracheitis, or bronchitis in the initial stage.
Visit the district doctor, drink the antibiotic course prescribed by him or the course of Fiz. therapy, do not take self-medication
In order to say that it is with you, you need to visit a doctor and do a fluorography. Cough with phlegm is already bad. Go to the doctor and do not engage in self-medication for God's sake, if you do not want to make yourself worse. There are many reasons and they can be installed only after examination.
Valley of Dreams
not always orvi, pleurmania, sinusitis and a number of other diseases occur with temperature !!!
Cough, or rather, coughing, can be on the background of a common cold, slime drips down the back wall and causes a cough. But in any case, of course the doctor should examine and prescribe the treatment, if necessary. While you can try to frequently wash the nose with sea water, you can still rinse the chlorophylliptine solution, chlorophyllipt has an antibacterial effect, with a protracted runny nose helps. In addition, with him you can do and inhalation. Even when coughing and with a cold, I use tiger balm, it contains essential oils that contribute to the reduction of the common cold, relieve nasal congestion, contribute to the removal and elimination phlegm. When you cough, drinking is a must, so take care of it. For such purposes, herbal teas or breastfeeding from a cough are wonderful.
Cough without fever
Some symptoms of colds run without temperature and, therefore, sometimes do not cause much concern. In fact, they are very dangerous. For example, a prolonged cough without fever and cold suggests that there is a latent infection in the body. This symptom is extremely serious. Let's take a closer look at the causes of this phenomenon and how to get rid of it.
Causes of Cough without Temperature
If a person coughs for a long time, but does not have temperature, a cold or sneezing, this can be a sign of such problems in the body:
- Hidden inflammation or allergic reaction. This cough in the throat is accompanied by a runny nose and sneezing, but the temperature of 37 does not rise higher.
- Heart failure.
- Venereal disease. With this pathology, a constant cough accompanied by skin irritation, a rash, and the temperature does not increase.
- Pneumonia or ARVI.
Sometimes people cough not because of a cold, but because of the pollution of the environment. Often this symptom, along with a runny nose, is observed in people working at a mine, metal processing plant or chemical plant. Very often, without a runny nose and temperature, smokers cough for a long time. In people with allergies, this condition can be caused by feather pillows, in which mites are found. To understand how to be treated for a prolonged cough without a cold and fever, determine whether it is dry or wet.
The main causes that can cause a dry cough (sometimes with wheezing) without fever and cold are:
- Allergy to external irritants. The body tries to release the respiratory system from irritating particles, for example, dust, animal hair, household chemicals.
- Ecology. If you live in an environmentally unfavorable place for a long time, then barking cough with a runny nose without temperature can be caused by environmental pollution. Long-term smoking exacerbates the situation. All this sometimes leads to chronic diseases of the respiratory system.
- Heart problems. In this situation, the condition worsens when lying down. Sometimes it becomes difficult to breathe because of this.
- Papillomatosis of the larynx. The larynx is covered with papillomas. Another patient feels uncomfortable in the throat, but there is no fever or runny nose, like with a cold.
The reasons for this cough (in the absence of fever and cold) can be the following problems:
- Bronchitis, tracheitis, other similar diseases. As a rule, this symptom is a residual phenomenon of the inflammations, the maximum duration of which is a month.
- False groats. With this diagnosis, a person has a very strong cough without a runny nose and fever with painful bouts. The sputum practically does not clear the throat.
- Tuberculosis. A dangerous disease, which often does not show any other symptoms. Coryza and cough with phlegm containing blood.
- Cold. In ARVI, a person suffers from a runny nose, even if the temperature remains normal.
Such a cough in the absence of a runny nose and temperature is very dangerous. Man, suffocating, his throat is very sore. This in no case can not be tolerated or treated at home. It is necessary urgently to address to the doctor who will define, by what symptom such such attacks are a symptom. If you sometimes cough up almost to vomiting, the reasons for this may be:
- bronchial asthma;
- whooping cough;
- a tumor in the lungs or bronchi;
A dry cough at night can be a sign of an allergy to natural pillow fillers. But he is also a symptom of other dangerous diseases. It is necessary to try to understand what other signs are observed, for example, a runny nose or sneezing. If you have snot with no temperature at night, you have snot, it's either a cold or an allergy. Often people cough at night because of the wrong structure of the skeleton or internal organs, or inflammation of the nerve endings.
If there is no chill during prolonged cough, this does not mean that there is no danger. Constant coughing may indicate that the body for some reason does not respond to the virus with high temperature. If this lasts a very long time, you need to undergo a medical examination. The reasons for this condition can be:
- heart diseases;
- complex form of bronchitis.
How to cure a cough
To cure a prolonged cough without fever, it is recommended to use medicines and folk recipes. If you prefer the first option, first visit the doctor so that he can determine the cause of the problem and prescribe the prescription for the appropriate medication. If it's a cold without temperature, then the tablets that dilute sputum will help. These include Mukaltin, Ambrobene, Brommgeksin. In more severe cases, antibiotics will be needed.
Wet cough at home is treated and folk medicine. Very effective will be a mixture of mashed cranberries and honey (in equal parts). It is also recommended to drink honey with lime blossom and birch buds in the proportion glass. The mixture is boiled in a water bath for a quarter of an hour, filtered and drunk three times a day on a small spoon. If you do not know how to stop a cough and how to treat this condition, rub your chest with badger fat, which has an anti-inflammatory effect. Be sure to drink plenty of warm liquid. Different approaches are used to treat cough in children and adults.
To cure a strong prolonged cough in an adult, you need to determine the cause of the symptom and eliminate it. Dry cough at night is treated with antitussive drugs so that a person can normally rest. If it is associated with an infection of the upper respiratory tract, then you will need to drink pills for colds. The most important thing is to understand what to take to turn a permanent dry cough into a wet one. To do this, prescribe drugs that stimulate expectoration:
- Reflex. Drugs that drink with a prolonged cold. They affect the areas of the brain responsible for the cough reflex. The most common example is the leaves of mother-and-stepmother, plantain. Of the drugs - Codeine.
- Resorptive. Preparations that dilute sputum. Thanks to them, the lungs are intensively cleaned. Often, such medications are used for inhalations. Examples: ATSTS, Amtersol, Ascoril.
- Proteolytic. Make sputum less viscous. They include Gelomirtol, the herb of thyme.
- Mukoregulators. Tablets for increased production of phlegm, used to treat colds in most cases. For example, Ambroxol, Bromhexine.
A cough in a baby without temperature is normal, if the child is not naughty and sleeps well, behaves very actively, does not complain about a stuffed nose or weakness. But if barking, dry or wet cough does not pass, then you should consult a doctor. Pain when coughing and frequent long bouts, which sometimes lead to vomiting and do not give the baby in 3 years of sleep, talk about the presence of serious diseases in the body.
To treat a prolonged cough without fever, the child is prescribed:
- remedies that soothe spasms (Dzhoset, Ascoril, Kashnol);
- drugs for liquefaction of sputum (syrup Thyme, ACC, Bromhexine);
- expectorants (Stopoutsin, Bronchicum, Plantain syrup).
If your child has a dry allergic cough without a cold, the treatment should be comprehensive. In this situation, you need to drink antitussive drugs and visit an allergist who will identify the allergen and eliminate it. This can be household dust, pet hair. The specialist will write antihistamines (antiallergic), tell you what to drink for general strengthening therapy and improve immunity.
Video: Komarovsky on cough treatment in a child
Watch a video in which the famous children's doctor Eugene Komarovsky tells in detail how to treat a bad cough without a runny nose in an infant. Doctor's advice will help you understand why a cough occurs, what you need to do, so that the ailment quickly passes. Having looked at the video below, you will stop considering the cough something frightening and incomprehensible, and when it appears you can take correct steps without delay.
What can be a strong cough with sputumA strong cough with phlegm is always unpleasant, constant attempts to clear throat, secretion of a badly smelling liquid irritate the patient and surrounding, a similar condition occurs in different diseases, but in order for the treatment to be effective, it is necessary to accurately determine the cause disease.
Cough with phlegm is a syndrome of inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tract, in which purulent or serous discharge accumulates in the bronchi and lungs.
Causes of cough with phlegm
1. The most common cause is viral diseases in the resolution stage, cough is not too strong, there is little sputum, it is clear and liquid, in case of bacterial infection, sputum becomes more abundant, thick, yellow or greenish in color, with an admixture pus. If after an acute respiratory viral or cold the cough has increased in the child, and there is abundant sputum, then you should carefully monitor its condition: increase body temperature, severe deterioration of the condition, frequent, severe cough suggest the spread of inflammation in the lower parts of the bronchi and lungs.
2. Sinusitis and sinusitis - inflammatory diseases of the nasal sinuses are often accompanied by a strong moist cough due to the flow of fluid in the respiratory tract. In this case, the patient has a cough without raising the body temperature, increasing in the morning hours. In such a situation, you need to treat the underlying disease, and not a symptom.
3. Bronchitis is a strong moist cough with hard-to-separate sputum, the main symptom of progressive inflammation bronchus, as the disease develops, cough becomes more severe, and sputum is released in more quantity.
4. An excruciating frequent cough with hardly-detachable sputum in a child occurs with such an infectious disease as whooping cough, This disease is characterized by very strong, painful attempts to clear the throat, possibly the occurrence of vomiting, loss of consciousness and dyspnea. If the child has an increase in body temperature, wheezing and frequent coughing attacks, it is necessary to urgently consult a pediatrician, since it is necessary to treat whooping cough in the hospital.
5. Pneumonia - frequent and severe cough, accompanied by the release of a large amount of purulent sputum, occurs with pneumonia, in In this case, a child or an adult has a sharp increase in body temperature to 39-40, weakness, chest pain and general worsening state.
6. Chronic diseases - a constant cough with phlegm, without raising the body temperature, may be a symptom of such chronic lung diseases, such as: tuberculosis, bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis, oncological processes in lungs.
7. Allergic diseases - constant irritation of the mucous membranes with allergies can trigger the appearance of a moist cough that intensifies in the morning hours with a scant separation of a transparent "glass" phlegm.
To treat a moist cough you need to start by determining the cause of its appearance. Most often it occurs due to a viral or bacterial infection, in this case, the main purpose of treatment is the removal of microorganisms from the respiratory tract, their purification and regeneration.
1. Mucolytic and expectorant drugs - dilute sputum and promote its excretion from the bronchi and lungs. In the treatment of a child most often used: Bromhexin, Ambro (Ambroxol, Ambrobene), licorice syrup, ACC, Lazolvan and other expectorant sprays or syrups.
2. It is necessary to drink a few liters of alkaline liquid per day, this will help to avoid dehydration and facilitate the excretion of phlegm.
3. Very useful physiotherapy procedures - especially when treating a child of the first years of life, consult your doctor about the possibility of prescribing physiotherapy or spend it at home - for this use warming ointments and compresses on the chest, mustard or just dry heat on the neck and breasts.
4. Folk methods - "grandmother's recipes" can be used as an additional treatment or mild forms of the disease, but, in any case, it is necessary to consult with your doctor doctor.
- lemon with honey - mix 100 grams of honey and 1 mashed lemon, use 1 teaspoon before eating,
- sage infusion - a full tablespoon of dry leaves pour 200 ml of boiling water, insist, dilute with the same amount of warm water or milk and drink during the day. Infusion is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating mothers,
- juice of black radish with honey - mix 100 g of honey with the juice of 1 black radish, the dose for an adult patient - on a half-spoonful of the composition 2-3 times a day.
Treatment for a wet cough should be done under the supervision of a doctor, since only a qualified specialist can determine the cause of the disease precisely.
How to treat a cough with green expectorant? Elevated temperature is not present
Of course, the greens - it's not good ((Most likely, this indicates a bacterial infection, which should be treated with an antibiotic. His doctor will appoint after he inspects, listens to the lungs, and possibly, and directs the picture. Together with taking antibiotics, the doctor will prescribe an expectorant. With them you can apply and folk methods: boil potatoes in a uniform in a small amount of water, cover the pan with a towel and, bending over the pan, inhale 10-15 minutes potato steam. Helps still grinding Tiger balzamchik with essential oils, balm is applied to the breast crab, well rubbed, then it is necessary to wrap up or well to hide. It turns out a warming effect, and the evaporating oils make cough easier. Help also the mustard and the guy legs.
Sinusitis. The doctor's consultation.
I cured a cough with such a simple collection: Recipe No.4 Sprout (kidneys) parts [link blocked by the project administration] (leaves) -1 part Mother-and-stepmother (leaves) -1 part
Put on phonalysis phlegm where they will determine the infection and its sensitivity to antibiotics and prescribe them treatment for at least 10 days. And then the advice from Anna Yasyukevich.
Valley of Dreams
an ambulance !!!
Here is the information from the site!!! 1
Cough is wet, and also dry. With dry phlegm there, but with
it is always wet. Green sputum when coughing indicates
pathology, in which the outflow is suspended. This occurs with bronchitis or with genyantritis.
1. If there is a green sputum when coughing, then it speaks of
reproduction of infection. This usually occurs with tracheobronchitis.
The disease begins with an ordinary cold, then the discharge from the nose
They turn green and a green slime pops out of the throat when coughing.
a nasty smell. It is necessary to immediately consult a doctor, as here
a specific treatment will be needed.
2. A healthy person should not have a cough with phlegm, and never
When there is green sputum, then take urgent measures, since
sometimes it is a sign of a serious illness - pneumonia. Pneumonia happens
even without temperature.
With this do not joke! And SARS can be without temperature! !
All this is interesting, of course. And now the most interesting... personally to me in a maternity home after operation have appointed or nominated an antibiotic (which under a compounding!!! prescribe for asthma, pneumonia, bronchitis, well, with inflammatory abscesses It's funny, but put right after the operation, when it is still not known how the organism will behave !!!). To me! To a healthy person after cesarean. And after the introduction, I started such a green expectoration, such a cough. Maybe I would never have thought of this medicine... Little you can pick up in the operating theater, right? If the doctor mistakenly did not put my antibiotic on the girl next door. We both had such creepy cough with sputum, and with green sputum! Yes, and on the seam! Well, very nice! In the wards, all the girls flinched! So there is also such an allergic reaction to the medicine! Doctors are not a panacea!