With sinus tachycardia, the frequency of the sinus rhythm of the heart is more than 100 beats per minute. Normally, the frequency of cuts varies between 65-80 beats per minute. From 80 to 100 beats per minute are still acceptable indicators, although these figures are still above the norm. Today we will consider what is sinus tachycardia of the heart, its causes, symptoms and treatment. What is a tachycardia of the heart?
- Types and causes of sinus tachycardia
- Treatment of underlying disease - the true cause of tachycardia
- General lifestyle recommendations
- Medications for reducing heart rate
- Surgical treatment
- Treating folk remedies
What is heart tachycardia?
An increase in the frequency of heart contraction is a normal physiological reaction of a person caused by stresses, bursts of physical activity, so the body reacts to the increased needs of the body in nutrients, oxygen. Ordinary everyday situations pass without a trace, and are not symptoms characteristic of a stable form of sinus tachycardia. They do not depend on sex, age of a person.
When the rhythm disturbances by the type of attacks of sinus tachycardia are delayed for hours, days - they cause inconveniences and limit the habitual way of life. Then there is a need to conduct diagnostics, treatment of these conditions.
To which doctor should I go: the therapist( for adults), the pediatrician( for children), the cardiologist, arrhythmologist, neurologist.
Species and causes of sinus tachycardia
Sinus tachycardia in rare cases is primary( or idiopathic), that is, "by itself", without any pathologies or diseases. This variant of the norm is combined with low figures of arterial pressure( a tendency to hypotension).
However, more often tachycardia is secondary and occurs against a background of other diseases:
- Arterial hypertension or hypotension( increased or decreased pressure).
- Heart diseases, inflammatory heart diseases.
- Chronic lung disease.
- Thyroid disease.
- Infections, high body temperature.
- Abuse of energy drinks, alcohol, smoking.
- Blood loss on the background of gastrointestinal bleeding or trauma.
- Cachexia( strong weight loss) with heart failure or oncology.
- Diseases of the nervous system.
- Uncontrolled intake of diuretics. This is extremely dangerous! Young people are abused to match model data. In addition to sinus tachycardia, which assumes a constant and severe nature, this method of diuretics provokes swelling and shortness of breath, slowly and irreversibly the pathology of the kidneys is formed. This will inevitably lead a person to the need for an artificial kidney.
Symptoms of sinus tachycardia
Symptoms are the same for different reasons that caused sinus tachycardia. Symptoms are the same for men and women:
- Increased and sustained increase in heart rate.
- Sensation of the heart even in peace, in a dream.
- The fall in blood pressure( below 100/60 mm Hg, which is bad for a person living at a pressure of 130/70 mm Hg).
- Weakness, malaise with prolonged attacks of tachycardia( more than an hour).
- Pains in the chest accompany a sharp increase in the pulse and are typical for patients with a combined pathology of the heart( angina, heart defects).
- Unexplained and terrible fear, anxiety, anxiety( symptoms occur in emotional patients or during panic attacks).These conditions are very dangerous for the human psyche.
Treatment: five groups of methods
In some cases, tachycardia can be cured completely, in part - no;it depends on the real cause of the ailment.
Elimination of symptoms of sinus tachycardia - a long process, takes from a month( if, for example, the cause of infection) to a year. At the primary pathology, the treatment is carried out by courses throughout life.
All methods can be divided into five large groups:
- Treatment of the underlying disease is the true cause of tachycardia.
- General advice on lifestyle.
- Drugs to reduce heart rate.
- Surgical treatment.
- Folk methods.
The importance and significance of treatment is in descending order.
Treatment of the underlying disease - the true cause of tachycardia
If the cause of sinus tachycardia is heart and vascular disease, then a selection of medications( to reduce pressure) or a cardiosurgical operation to eliminate heart defects is necessary.
If the reason is the use of alcoholic beverages or energy, then you must stop taking them. With alcohol dependence, sinus tachycardia is fraught with the development of cardiomyopathy( this expansion and weakening of the walls of the heart), since the cardiac muscle works in an "elevated mode" because of tachycardia. One of the causes of death of alcoholics - sudden cardiac arrest - usually occurs against the background of unidentified cardiomyopathy.
When infections are accompanied by intoxication of the body, it is important to choose the right antibacterial drug and carry out detoxification therapy( for example, a copious drink).
If tachycardia accompanies lung diseases( chronic bronchitis of smokers), then respiratory failure should be stopped, as this is what provokes increased heart function.
Attacks of sudden heart beat are typical for panic attacks. Panic attacks - this is a strong fear, panic, which is accompanied by palpitation, sweating, a feeling of severe anxiety. Conditions arise on the background of various phobias( fear of something - death, "go crazy," persecution).This uncontrolled and very difficult condition, a pathologist is engaged in a psychiatrist( neurologist).
General advice on lifestyle
Usually, in the absence of a serious illness - a change in lifestyle is enough to get rid of tachycardia. Often this can be seen during the holidays, when there are no negative factors, experiences.
Recommendations from this unit:
- Day regimen: regular proper nutrition, food should be varied in composition( vegetables, fruits, meat, cereals, greens).
- Eliminate food that provokes tachycardia: coffee, spicy, fatty, smoked.
- Daily walking.
- Full night rest( not less than 8 hours).
Drugs to reduce the heart rate
In situations where no sinus tachycardia is diagnosed with any concomitant pathology or the underlying pathology is treated, the doctor may include additional medications to reduce the heart rate(
- ). Beta-blockers( cardioselective) - reducefrequency of contractions due to influence on the heart.
- Calcium antagonists - preparations of potassium, magnesium - normalize the composition of trace elements needed for the work of the heart.
- Tranquilizers - have a hypnotic effect and reduce heart rate.
- Sedative medicines - stabilize sleep and provide adequate rest to the body.
Surgical treatment of
If sinus tachycardia can not be quenched with all available medications, it is recommended that radiofrequency catheter ablation be performed with the pacemaker.
Such treatment is required in very rare cases, and usually it is necessary for patients with primary sinus tachycardia. Treatment consists of two stages:
- Destruction( destruction) of the sinus node.
- Staging the pacemaker. In the situation with sinus tachycardia, the decision to set a permanent pacemaker is taken before surgery.
Treatment with folk remedies
Sinus tachycardia is successfully treated with herbs. Specialists who are engaged in the treatment with herbs - herbalists - recommend recipes that can be made at home. With sinus tachycardia, it is better to use decoctions, not alcohol tinctures( alcohol tinctures can be dangerous, because they increase the heart rate).
- Fruits of an anise and a grass of a yarrow on 100 гр.Pour 500 ml of boiling water and leave for 60 minutes. Take two teaspoons of infusion three times a day for 3 weeks.
- Root of valerian and / or motherwort for 200 gr. Pour one liter of boiling water and leave for 60 minutes. Take two tablespoons at night for a month.
- Calendula flowers and valerian root for 100 gr. Pour one liter of boiling water and insist for 3 hours. Take two tablespoons at night for 2 weeks.
- Melissa herb .Pour 200 ml of alcohol and leave for 3 hours. One teaspoon of tincture dilute in water and take 4 times a day.
- Ground lemon pulp and 200 grams dried apricots .Mix, do not pour, let it brew for 4 hours. Take two tablespoons taken in the morning with a meal a month.
All products based on herbal ingredients can cause allergies. Before the appointment, be sure to consult a doctor - an allergic reaction can trigger an attack of tachycardia.
The quality of life and the ability to perform routine work are determined by the underlying disease.
In severe illnesses, for example, with severe heart failure or malignant tumors - success is determined by the treatment of the underlying disease.
If provoking factors such as alcohol, smoking, obesity, anemia, infections are eliminated, then sinus tachycardia will stop bothering a person. Treatment can last from a month to a year.
If this pathology is primary, most likely, it will last for life. The prognosis for patients with primary sinus tachycardia is favorable: all lead an active lifestyle, which differs little from the life of people without sinus tachycardia.
Video: What is heart tachycardia and how to treat it?
On the video channel "Giang My Thailand".
Source of publication: