Arifon Retard is an effective remedy that helps get rid of shortness of breath, headache and normalizes blood pressure.
The main component - Indapamine - affects the vessels and kidney tissue. It improves the cell membranes, which allows to reduce the sensitivity of the vessels to the effects of adrenaline. The drug is completely absorbed into the intestine 3 hours after ingestion. After a single admission, ad is kept within normal limits for 24 hours.
On this page you will find all information about Arifon retard: the full instruction on the application for this medicine, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogs of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Arifon retard. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Diuretic. Antihypertensive drug.
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
It is released on prescription.
How much does Arifon retard? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of400 rubles.
Form of issue and composition
Medications Arifon and Arifon Retard are available in the form of tablets. In the blister pack, which is in a carton box, 30 tablets.
- The active substance is indapamide. Arifon contains 2.5 mg, and Arifon Retard - 1.5 mg in each tablet.
- Excipients: lactose monohydrate, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, povidone, silicon dioxide colloidal anhydrous. Film coat: glycerol, hypromellose, macrogol, magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide.
The active substance of the drug is indapamide: a diuretic with an antihypertensive effect, which is a sulfonamide derivative and contains an indole ring in the molecule structure. Pharmacologically, indapamide is similar to thiazide diuretics, which take part in inhibiting the reabsorption of sodium ions in the cortical segment of the nephron loop. There is an increase in urinary excretion of sodium, chlorine and, to a lesser extent, magnesium and potassium ions. As a consequence, the rate of urine formation increases and the fluid content in the tissues decreases, which is accompanied by an antihypertensive effect.
Clinical studies of II and III phases with the administration of indapamide monotherapy in a dose that does not exert a pronounced diuretic effect, demonstrated that the hypotensive effect of the substance persisted for 24 hours. This is due to the fact that indapamide helps to improve the elasticity of the arteries, reduce the resistance of arterial vessels and the overall peripheral resistance of blood vessels (OPSS).
Indapamide belongs to the third generation of thiazide and thiazide-like diuretics, which have the property, at a certain dose, to reach the peak of therapeutic action. With a further increase in the dose, the antihypertensive effect does not increase, but the frequency of undesired reactions increases. Therefore, it is impractical to increase the dose of the drug, if there are no clinically relevant results with the recommended dosage regimen.
According to clinical studies involving patients with hypertension, it was noted that indapamide does not cause significant violations of lipid metabolism, does not affect the levels of triglycerides, total cholesterol, low and high density lipoproteins. Also, the substance has a minimal effect on the parameters of carbohydrate metabolism, including diabetes mellitus.
Indications for use
To understand in what cases it is necessary to take the drug, you should carefully study the instructions for use. In order for the drug to have the best healing effect without side effects, all recommendations for the instructions should be followed.
Indications for use are as follows:
- Arterial hypertension.
- Retention of sodium and liquid due to chronic heart failure.
This treatment is therapeutic, which means that the effect of its action will be visible after a while. It is recommended for long reception.
Before using, you should consult a doctor and take the necessary tests.
- impaired renal function of a serious degree (creatinine clearance less than 30 ml / min);
- galactosemia, lactose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome (since lactose is included in the tablet formulation);
- severe liver dysfunction;
- hepatic encephalopathy;
- a lower concentration of potassium ions in the blood (hypokalemia);
- hypersensitivity to the main or auxiliary components of the drug or other sulfonamide derivatives.
Relative (drug is used with caution):
- impaired renal and / or liver function;
- increased level of uric acid;
- prolongation of the QT interval;
- violation of water and electrolyte balance;
- simultaneous administration of other antiarrhythmic drugs or treatment of impaired patients;
- children and adolescents younger than 18 years.
Application in pregnancy and lactation
As a rule, during pregnancy, do not prescribe diuretic drugs. Do not use these drugs to treat physiological swelling in pregnancy. Diuretic drugs can cause fetoplacental ischemia and lead to impaired fetal development.
Due to the fact that indapamide is excreted in breast milk, it is not recommended that the drug be administered during the period of breastfeeding.
Instructions for use Arifon retard
The instructions for use indicate that Arifon retard is prescribed by mouth 1 tablet / day, preferably in the morning. The tablet should be swallowed whole, not liquid, squeezed with water.
- In the treatment of patients with arterial hypertension, an increase in the dose of the drug does not lead to an increase in antihypertensive action, but enhances the diuretic effect.
- In elderly patients, plasma levels of creatinine should be monitored, taking into account age, body weight and sex.
Arifon retard in a dose of 1.5 mg / day (1 tab.) Can be prescribed for elderly patients with normal or slightly impaired renal function.
Arifon and Arifon Retard are probably the safest diuretic drugs for hypertension and edema. In most patients, they do not cause adverse reactions. Sometimes you may have a headache or dizziness. Excessive salt and liquid removal can lead to dehydration. Concomitant diseases that cause diarrhea or vomiting increase this risk.
Arifon very rarely causes an increase in blood sugar. Nevertheless, blood glucose control in patients with diabetes is necessarily required. It is unlikely that there will be an allergic reaction, visual disturbances, hypotension, heart rhythm disturbances. If any of the above happens, you need to see a doctor right away.
Indapamide in a concentration of up to 40 mg does not have a toxic effect on the body. In acute drug poisoning, hypokalemia and hyponatremia are observed. In parallel, the patient with an overdose of nausea, vomiting, a decrease in blood pressure, drowsiness, dizziness, reduction of blood circulation, polyuria / oliguria and stopping urine entering the bladder.
To eliminate the consequences of overdose, the drug is removed from the body by washing the stomach or taking sorbents, taking medications to restore the water-electric balance.
The main risk in the treatment of drugs with a diuretic effect is the possibility of hypokalemia. It is necessary to carefully monitor the indicators in the elderly, people with peripheral edema, cirrhosis of the liver, cardiovascular system. The lack of potassium in the body in these categories of patients can increase the toxic effect of cardiac glycosides, provoke arrhythmias.
In patients with impaired hepatic function with the use of thiazide diuretics, the occurrence of hepatic encephalopathy is possible. If photosensitivity is observed against the background of the drug treatment, it is recommended to stop using the medication. Before starting treatment with diuretics, you should determine the concentration of sodium in the blood plasma. It is necessary to control this indicator with the use of Arifone, since hyponatremia may develop.
In carrying out doping control in athletes, indapamide is able to give a positive result. Substances that are part of the drug, do not cause disturbances in psychomotor reactions, but at the beginning of admission, a sharp drop in blood pressure is possible. If such a symptom is found, it is recommended to abandon the management of vehicles and complex mechanisms.
Arifon can reduce the ability of the kidneys to excrete calcium ions, which leads to an increase in the concentration of this element in the plasma. It is necessary to monitor the level of glucose in the blood in patients with diabetes mellitus. If a patient has gout, taking the medicine will exacerbate her course. In people with impaired renal function, an increase in the concentration of creatinine and urea is possible.
This drug is not allowed to take complex with lithium preparations. This is due to the fact that it is possible to increase the level of lithium in the blood and the further development of various toxic processes. If you want to use this combination, you should constantly monitor the level of lithium contained in the body.
"Arifon", as a rule, is not assigned together with such drugs:
Such mixtures can lead to the appearance of side effects in the work of the cardiovascular system.
- The risk of hypokalemia increases if "Arifon" is taken concomitantly with laxative drugs, kortechoroid or drugs that increase the work of the intestine.
- In the case of combined use of these tablets with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, for example salicylate, in large dohas, often after a while patients can diagnose acute renal failure.
- Potassium-sparing diuretics in combination with a remedy for essential hypertension are one of the main factors in the development of hyperkalemia. This is especially true in people with kidney failure.
- Combination with estrogen, tetrokozaktidom, as well as glucocorticosteroids leads to the fact that the liquid begins slowly withdrawn from the body, which is the reason for a sharp decrease in the antihypertensive effect of Arifone. In addition, the tablets significantly increase the side effect, which has various cardiac glycosides.
In addition, the drug should not be used in parallel with medications that inhibit ACE. After all, this combination causes not only a sharp arterial hypotension, but also kidney failure.
There are other risks with the use of different drugs:
- Tricyclic antidepressants - orthostatic hypotension as a result of increased intensity of the hypotensive effect of "Arifon."
- Preparations containing calcium, hypercalcemia.
- "Cyclosporine" is an increase in the amount of creatinine in the blood.
- Means against arrhythmia and "Indapamide" - fluttering-fibrillation of the cardiac ventricles.
- "Metformin" - lactic acidosis due to disruption of the kidneys.
We picked up some feedback from people about the Arifon retard drug:
- Nell.At me from it or him paroksizmalnaja an arrhythmia, it is necessary to eat less salt and diuretics will not be necessary, I and have made.
- Hope.I was prescribed retard tablets after I became ill at work. The doctor put hypertension. Warned that they need to be taken every day to have a positive therapeutic effect. Pros of the drug: the pressure reduces smoothly and permanently. Of the shortcomings for myself, I note a strong diuretic effect, which to me, as a person who does not suffer from edema, brought considerable discomfort. The drug drank courses for 3 months.
- Galina.I take with interruptions 2 years, weather-dependent, effectively reduces pressure when changing (rising / falling) atmospheric pressure.
- Michael.He took Carbamazepine Retard in combination with other medications as prescribed by the doctor. In addition to hypertension, I suffered from frequent seizures and spasms. After taking the drug, they became less intense. As for the reduction in pressure, I think the drug has contributed. Side effects are not noticed. I still take Retard cycles for the prevention of hypertension.
According to reviews, Arifon retard helps with arterial hypertension, reducing blood pressure and allowing long-term monitoring of its indices. Of the positive points, there is a possibility of using tablets with other antihypertensive drugs and a lower probability of negative side effects.
Some patients note that over time, therapy causes a feeling of addiction to the drug. They also note a relatively high cost, but despite the price they prefer this particular drug.
Analogues of the domestic manufacturer:
- Indapamide (ZiO-Health);
- Indapamid of the MB Stade (MAKIZ-PHARMA);
- Ionik retard (Obolensky - pharmaceutical company).
Analogues of foreign manufacturers:
- Acouter-Sanovel (Sanovel Pharmaceutical Products Ind. Inc., Turkey);
- Indapamid retard Teva (Merckle, Germany);
- Lauras SR (Torrent Pharmaceuticals, India);
- Retapres (J.Biopharm, India).
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug should be stored out of reach of children at a temperature of no higher than 30 ° C. Shelf life - 2 years. Do not use after the expiry date printed on the package.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.