During the acute exacerbation of viral diseases, people often ask themselves - sinusitis and sinusitis, what's the difference. Both of these diseases often develop against the background of influenza, measles, scarlet fever, cause inflammation in the paranasal sinuses.
- What provokes the development of sinusitis, sinusitis.
- How to distinguish sinusitis from sinusitis
- How to treat
- Home Treatment
Symptoms of sinusitis in adults and its treatment Sinusitis in children: signs and effective treatments We treat sinusitis in adults in simple ways Sinusitis which doctor treats this disease? Which doctor treats the frontitis?
What provokes the development of sinusitis, sinusitis.
These inflammatory ailments occur in people of any gender, age.
- fascination with nasal sprays;
- smoking, tobacco smoke;
- swimming under water;
- hormonal disorders;
- congenital features of sinus structure, curved nasal septum.
Often, sinusitis, sinusitis occur against the background of asthma, allergies, permanent stress, dehydration, weak immunity. The cause of the disease can be fungi, mold, excessively dry, moist, dirty air.
Important!If sinusitis, sinusitis are caused by polyps and swelling in the sinuses of the nose - you can not do without surgical intervention.
How to distinguish sinusitis from sinusitis
Sinusitis refers to all the inflammatory processes that occur in the paranasal sinuses. The focus of inflammation can be in the maxillary, frontal sinuses, trellis labyrinth, sphenoid sinus. The disease is acute and chronic.
Sinusitis is a specific type of disease that is associated with inflammation of the maxillary sinuses. It develops against the background of pathological processes in the oral cavity, nasopharynx, infectious diseases, problems with upper teeth.
Is sinusitis and sinusitis contagious? The diseases themselves are not contagious. Danger can be caused by the causes that caused the ailment - the flu, viral infections.
Symptoms of sinusitis appear differently, depending on the location of the inflammatory process. If the disease affected the frontal sinuses (frontal) - patients complain of intense pain in the upper part of the head, temples, eyes. Severe pain occurs after awakening, as a lot of mucus accumulates overnight. After washing the nose, discomfort decreases, can completely disappear.
Ethmoiditis occurs in the cells of the latticed bone, characterized by a constant pain syndrome. Unpleasant sensations are localized in the bridge of the nose, there are symptoms of increased eye pressure.
Sphenoiditis (inflammation of the sphenoid sinus) - the discomfort is felt in the occipital, parietal part. The disease often affects the maxillary sinuses.
Symptoms of sinusitis:
- intoxication, chills, fever;
- severe headache, especially in the morning and evening;
- Painful sensations extend to the upper jaw, under the eyes, whiskey;
- breathing is difficult, the mucous membrane becomes swollen;
- discharge from the nose can be transparent, dense, with an admixture of pus.
Important!The cause of sinusitis can be incorrect bluffing. Purify the nostrils only one by one.
How to treat
Sinusitis, sinusitis require the treatment of an integrated approach. A set of drugs for treatment must include antibiotics. The drugs are used to eliminate viral and bacterial species of sinusitis.
Antibiotics for sinusitis and sinusitis:
- penicillins - fleumoclave, panklava, augmentin (suspension);
- cephalosporins - pancef, suprax;
- macrolides - azitral, clarithromycin;
- fluoroquinolones (are reserve funds, used in extreme cases) - quinters, lomacin;
- local antibiotics are used in the form of sprays - Framicetin, bioparox.
To treat viral antritis treatment with antiviral drugs is useless. For such cases, effective drugs are antiseptics - furatsilin, miramistin, protargol.
Drops in the nose in the treatment of sinusitis, sinusitis should be chosen correctly. Drugs for vasoconstriction can be used for severe nasal congestion. Duration of treatment - no more than 5 days. Effective means - otrivin, sanorin, nazole.
It is preferable to use mixtures of essential oils (pinosol, sinupret), or combined drops with antiallergic action (vibrocil).
In addition, prescribe drugs for heat and inflammation (paracetamol, nurofen). Remedies for allergies - claritin, cetrine help reduce mucosal edema.
Biseptol is an inexpensive antimicrobial drug against sinusitis. But the drug has a lot of contraindications and side effects.
Diagnosis of sinus inflammation can be done independently. The main indicator - when you touch the inner corner of the eye there is pain, which gives on the cheek. Folk remedies for sinusitis and sinusitis can quickly and safely get rid of ailments.
At home, washing is often used. It is important to do it right.
- Bend over the sink at right angles.
- Take a deep breath, hold your breath.
- The container with a washing solution is tightly attached to the nostril.
- Slowly tilt the vial with the medicine - the liquid should flow out of the opposite nostril.
Each nostril is washed alternately. After the end of the procedure, you need to blow your nose well to remove excess solution.
Important!Children wash the nose alone is not recommended - the likelihood of developing comorbidity is high.
- In 240 ml of warm water to dissolve 3 drops of solution of potassium permanganate and iodine, you can add 5 g of sea salt.
- Broth St. John's wort - 5 g of herbs pour 220 ml of boiling water, use in a warm form.
Thermal procedures can be carried out during the recovery period. The easiest way is to breathe a couple of boiled potatoes.
- You can use fir oil for inhalation. To 3 liters of boiling water add 7 drops of oil. Breathe in pairs until the fragrance disappears completely.
- Well eliminates inflammation by inhalation with tincture of propolis. In 2 liters of boiling water pour 5 ml of tincture, breathe steam until it disappears.
- Bay leaf (10 pcs.) Pour boiling water (3 liters), boil on low heat for 7 minutes. Breathe in pairs for a quarter of an hour every day for a week.
A good alternative to inhalations can be a bath. Steam contributes to the removal of toxins from the body through the skin, speeds up the exchange processes. To enhance the therapeutic effect, you can use lavender and fir essential oil, mint broth and mother-and-stepmother.
It is necessary to grind and squeeze the juice from aloe, cyclamen, onion. Mix 5 ml of each juice with 5 g of Vishnevsky ointment. The resulting agent is used to lubricate the nasal sinuses. The procedure must be repeated three times a day. The duration of therapy is 3 weeks.
Preventive measures against sinusitis and sinusitis are reduced to eliminating the causes of the disease.
- It is necessary to treat any kind of rhinitis in time, during the illness, constantly moisturize the mucous membrane of the nose. Hardening and vaccination can help prevent colds, flu.
- It is also necessary to eliminate all problems with the teeth and anomalies in the structure of the nose, to identify and get rid of allergens.
- The air in the room must be clean and well-moistened. Even passive smoking can cause sinusitis and sinusitis.
Sinusitis and sinusitis are inflammatory processes that often become chronic. Without proper treatment, surgical intervention is required. To prevent this, it is necessary to treat all viral diseases in a timely manner, not to tolerate influenza on your legs, get rid of bad habits, and strengthen immunity.