Mikrazim is an enzyme that is used as a substitute therapy to improve the digestive process.
Produced in the form of hard gelatin capsules (Mikrazim 10000 ED and 25000 ED). Active active ingredient of the drug is pancreatin.
With the use of Mikrazim promotes the digestion of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. The drug is not absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and exerts local action. It is excreted from the body with natural emptying of the intestine.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
Released without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Micrazim cost? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of250 rubles..
Form of issue and composition
Issue Mikrazim in the form of capsules: gelatinous, solid, with a transparent body, filled inside from brown to light brown intestinal-soluble pellets of spherical, cylindrical or irregular shape, with a characteristic odor:
- 10000 units (units of action) - size 2 with a brown cover (in packages of 10 contiguous cells, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 packages in a pack of cardboard; in banks of dark glass, polymer bottles or cans of 20, 30, 40 or 50 pcs., 1 can or 1 bottle in a pack of cardboard);
- 25000 ED - size No. 0 with a cover of dark orange color (in packages of 10 contiguous cells, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 packs in a pack cardboard; in banks of dark glass, polymer bottles or cans of 20, 30, 40 or 50 pcs., 1 can or 1 bottle per pack cardboard);
- 40000 units (in packs of contour mesh for 3, 5 or 10 pieces, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 or 10 packs in a pack of cardboard, in plastic bottles of 20, 30, 40 or 50 pcs., 1 bottle in a pack of cardboard).
One capsule contains:
- Active substance: pancreatin (in the form of enteric-soluble pellets) - 1, 00, 2, 00 or 4, 00 units (125, 312 or 512 mg), which corresponds to the activity of lipase - 1, 00, 2, 00 or 4, 00 ED, amylases - 7500, 19000 or 30240 units, proteases - 520, 1300 or 2080 ED;
- Excipients: enteric coating pellet - copolymer methacrylic acid and ethyl acrylate (as a 30% dispersion, further containing polysorbate 80, sodium lauryl sulfate), triethyl citrate, simethicone emulsion 30% (dry weight 32.6%), including talc, dimethicone, water, silicon colloid precipitated, sorbic acid, methylcellulose, silicon colloid weighted;
- The composition of the capsule body: titanium dioxide, dye crimson (ponso 4R), gelatin, dye patented blue, water, dye quinoline yellow.
Mikrazim is an enzyme preparation from the pancreas of animals. It contains protease, amylase and lipase, which provide in the body digestion of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Lipase plays a major role in the process of hydrolysis, which takes place in the small intestine. As for amylase, it is necessary for the breakdown of starch and pectin to simple sugars (sucrose and maltose).
Gelatine capsules of Mikrizima 10000 or Mikrazyma 25000 are dissolved in the stomach by the action of gastric juice, and microgranules of pancreatin together with the contents stomach first enter the duodenum, and then into the small intestine, where the release of enzymes is carried out and digestion is ensured food.
Pancreatin in the form of microgranules, which forms the basis of Mikrazima, ensures a uniform distribution of digestive enzymes along the intestine and faster mixing of them with the contents of the intestine. This explains the higher enzymatic activity compared with the analogues of the preparation having a different dosage form. The maximum effectiveness of the drug is observed after 30-40 minutes after application.
Indications for use
The instructions for use, which are attached to this tool, are based on the clinical trials carried out. It notes its effectiveness for:
- Treatment of poor activity during the digestion of food with the natural functioning of the gastrointestinal tract: frequent consumption of very fatty foods, prolonged immobilization, and deviations of the masticatory function.
- The treatment of symptoms resulting from abnormalities in digestion. It can be: frequent heartburn and discomfort in the stomach, liver pathology, biliary tract, thick and small intestine, permanent gastritis with reduced acidity.
- Substitution therapy for people suffering from pancreatic insufficiency: periodic inflammation pancreas, with benign formations on it, its removal, diagnosis cystic fibrosis.
- The implementation of training a person for carrying out an X-ray examination of the abdominal cavity, ultrasound.
The use of Mikrazima is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Acute pancreatitis;
- Exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis;
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Data on possible consequences of pancreatitis during pregnancy and lactation are absent, therefore to women during these periods of a life the preparation can be appointed only after an estimation of advantage and risks.
Use in pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, the remedy can be used if the benefit of treatment exceeds the likely risk. There is no data on the penetration of pancreatin into breast milk. During lactation, this remedy can be used only after the appointment of a doctor.
Dosage and route of administration
The instructions for use indicate that the dose of Mikrazim is selected individually, depending on the age, severity of symptoms and composition of the diet. The dose is selected with the help of registered medicines Mikrazim 10 000 ED and Mikrazim 25 000 ED.
Capsules are taken orally by squeezing a sufficient amount of non-alkaline liquid (water, fruit juices). If a single dose of the drug is more than 1 capsule, you should take half of the total number of capsules immediately before eating, and the other half - while eating. If a single dose is 1 capsule, it should be taken with meals.
If swallowing is difficult (for example, in children or the elderly), the capsule can be opened and taken directly into the pellets, pre-mixing them with liquid or liquid food (pH & .0), not requiring chewing (apple puree, yogurt). Grinding or chewing pellets, as well as adding them to food with a pH above 5.5, leads to the destruction of their shell, which protects against the action of gastric juice. Any mixture of pellets with food or liquid should be taken immediately after preparation.
The admissible dose for children under the age of 1.5 years is 5, 00 units / day, over 1.5 years - 10, 00 units / day.
The duration of pancreatin can vary from several days (digestive disorders) to several months or years (prolonged substitution therapy).
- The initial calculated dose for children under the age of 4 years is 1000 units of lipase / kg of body weight for each feeding, for children over the age of 4 years, 500 units of lipase / kg of body weight for each meal. The dose should be selected individually, depending on the severity of the disease, the severity of steatorrhea and nutritional status. The maintenance dose for most patients should not exceed 1, 00 units lipase / kg body weight per day.
Steatorrhea (more than 15 grams of fat in the stool per day):
- In the presence of diarrhea, a decrease in body weight and no effect of dietary therapy, 2, 00 units of lipase are administered at each meal. If necessary and good tolerability, the dose is increased to 30 000-35 000 units of lipase per dose. A further increase in the dose, in most cases, does not improve the results of treatment and requires revision diagnosis, reduction of fat in the diet and / or additional prescription of drugs - inhibitors proton pump.
- With a mildly expressed steatorrhea, not accompanied by diarrhea and a decrease in body weight, 1, 00 ED to 2, 00 units of lipase is administered.
Substitution therapywith various kinds of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency:
- The dose is selected individually and depends on the degree of manifestation of exocrine insufficiency, individual eating habits and the patient's age.
In general, the capsules of Mikrazim are well tolerated. Sometimes it is possible to develop allergic reactions in the form of a rash on the skin and its itching. In rare cases, there is nausea, diarrhea or constipation, a feeling of discomfort in the epigastric region (upper abdomen). With the development of such reactions, the doctor decides whether to cancel the drug on an individual basis.
If the recommended therapeutic dose of Mikrazim capsules is significantly exceeded, an increase in the level of uric acid in the body and constipation in children can develop. In this case, the drug is canceled and symptomatic therapy is performed.
Children and adults who have been receiving pancreatin therapy for a long time in high doses should be observed by a specialist.
The main reasons for the ineffectiveness of enzyme therapy are inactivation of enzymes in the duodenum as a result of acidification of its contents, concomitant diseases of the small intestine (helminthic invasion, dysbiosis), failure of patients to follow the recommended treatment regimen, use of enzymes that have lost their activity.
With the simultaneous use of pancreatin with iron preparations, it is possible to reduce absorption of the latter.
We picked up some reviews of people taking the drug, Mikrazim:
- Anton. A pretty good drug. Prior to this, I took pancreatin, hermital, creon (I do not consider mezim and vobenzym). Previously, I took the most for the Hermitage for its less affordable price and efficiency (now it is not in the pharmacy), and at the moment I accept micrazyme for its replacement (for the same reason). Creon is more expensive, but probably a little better, probably due to the size of the "minimacrospheres" - the diameter of the drug particles.
- Marina. I do not know who how, but I feel the difference between Pancreatin and the same Micrazim or Festal. Maybe the granules are better absorbed than the powder, or what's the difference - but with such an "amateur" use, the quality level of what you drink is important. From our Pancreatin, I have small constipation, with the import anything like that.
- Olga. Me Pancreatin for weight loss does not help much, but cope with the severity and even constipation - yes. I do not take it regularly, and there were no goals to lose weight, but like that, sometimes, little by little, I drink a couple of tablets and they make life very easy. Never had any side effects. Mikrazimom for weight loss did not use, I plan.
Structural analogs for the active substance:
- Gastenorm forte;
- Creon 10000;
- Creon 2, 00;
- Creon 40000;
- Mezim 20000;
- Mezim forte;
- Mezim forte 10000;
- Panzim Forte;
- Panzinorm 10000;
- Penzinorm forte 20000;
- Pancreatin forte;
- Festal N;
- Enzistal P;
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store at a temperature not higher than 25 ° C in a place protected from light and moisture out of the reach of children.
Shelf life - 2 years.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.