When the nasal sinuses become inflamed, such a phenomenon in medical practice is called a sinusitis. It is necessary to begin treatment of genyantritis at home in adults at the first signs of the disease, so as not to later fight with more complex manifestations.
- Signs of sinusitis in adults
- What can you treat a sinusitis at home without a puncture
- The Kalanchoe plant
- Honey in combination with onions
- Beet Juice
- Aloe plant
- What Traditional Medicine Offers
- What medications are prescribed
- Antibiotics for treatment
- Why should I wash the nose
- Treatment of sinusitis depending on the species
- Treatment of bronchospasm after sinusitis
Symptoms of sinusitis in adults - treatment of disease How to use Azithromycin for sinusitis - Instruction The most effective antibiotics for sinusitis Is it contagious for the people around - security rules Symptoms and treatment of chronic sinusitis in adults
Signs of sinusitis in adults
The second name of the sinusitis is maxillitis, it has the following main features:
- blocked nose, narrowed respiratory tract;
- a runny nose, accompanied by discharge from the nose;
- pain in the forehead, headaches;
- a nasal voice;
Important! The cure for this disease is controlled by a physician. Get rid of the disease conservatively or surgically.
Conservative treatment includes:
- systemic antibiotics;
- antibacterial preparations for topical application;
- agents that relieve inflammation;
- antiseptic solutions for washing;
Traditional medicine in the treatment of sinusitis has already proved effective. Moreover, the people used the most affordable and understandable products for treatment. For example, bee honey, beets and onions, other gifts of nature that could really resist the genyantritis.
Important! In addition, that treatment of genyantritis at home in adults should be agreed with the attending physician, the process must be prepared. In particular, the preparation includes checking for the presence of an allergy to a particular treatment component.
What can you treat a sinusitis at home without a puncture
The puncture of the maxillary sinuses has been used in medicine for a long time, but this manipulation is unpleasant and can cause complications. Therefore, to date, have developed new effective procedures that help to cure even purulent maxillary sinusitis without puncture:
- "Cuckoo" is a wash of the nose with a solution of furacilin (or another antiseptic), which is injected into one nostril, and the other receives a liquid with all the secretions;
- YAMIK-catheter is the most effective and effective way;
- laser heating (reduces puffiness, improves blood circulation).
If you plan to cure maxillary sinusitis without a puncture to the child, it is better not to self-medicate, consult a doctor for advice. Only an expert is able to determine whether it is possible to do without a puncture. A common treatment regimen:
- washing the nose with the cuckoo method;
- YAMIK-catheter (considered more effective than "cuckoo");
- antibiotics together with probiotics, so as not to disrupt the intestinal microflora of the child;
- anti-inflammatory drugs;
- sprays for local use;
- drops with vasoconstrictive action.
Moreover, it is necessary to discuss methods of alternative medicine that can be used at home (inhalation over potatoes, using salt solutions).
For the procedure, you need a quarter of a whole bulb. It should be grated and wrapped in several layers of gauze. A bag that will work, put it to one nostril, then to another. Repeat the procedure several times. At first there will be a burning sensation, but soon must pass. After the tenth procedure, there should be no trace of pus.
Interesting! The method shows special efficiency if, during the application of the bag, the area of the nose is additionally massaged.
The Kalanchoe plant
In this situation, the leaves of the plant are taken. We need to wash and grind them, so that each piece can be put into the nostrils. The active substance of the plant acts in such a way that soon a person will begin to sneeze. In the process of sneezing, the nose is cleared. The procedure is repeated up to four times a day until complete recovery.
Honey in combination with onions
Take in the same parts natural bee honey, onion juice and alcohol, vegetable oil, laundry soap (to adjust the pieces) and cow's milk. It turns out a mixture in which everything must completely dissolve when heated. In a mixture soak cotton swabs and insert three times a day in the nasal passages. Treatment lasts three weeks, the mixture during this period is stored in the refrigerator.
The red root contains many substances that have an antibacterial effect on the human body. So in the treatment of sinusitis at home in adults, folk remedies use beet juice actively. You need to dig in with a pipette nose fresh juice, do this up to four times in one day.
Important! To get the result faster, before burying the nose with juice of beet, you must first rinse the nasal passages with saline solution. Also, if the juice will burn strongly mucous, dilute it with a small amount of water.
Used in the treatment of plant juice, which drip two drops into each nostril. Carry out a dig in three times in one day.
What Traditional Medicine Offers
It should be mentioned that the treatment of genyantritis at home in adults can well be carried out by usual pharmacy means. In addition to drugs for instillation into the nose, traditional medicine recommends the lavage of the nasal sinuses. In advanced cases, a puncture of the maxillary sinus is required, which is done only in a hospital setting.
Inhalations for treatment of antritis in adults can be performed with a nebulizer, the dosage is prescribed by a doctor. Often, the procedure is carried out with saline. If there is no possibility to use a nebulizer, use folk remedies:
- rinse the unpeeled potatoes, pour water and boil it like potatoes in a "uniform", then drain the water, cover your head with a towel and breathe the steam;
- cut 2 medium bulbs into half rings and breathe above them, while massaging the sinuses (do the procedure 3 times a day for 10 days);
- 10 drops of fir oil to drip into 200 ml of water, to breathe this aroma;
- 1 hour l. soda and 1/10 h. l. add 3 liters of boiling water to the star, cover your head with a towel, first with your nose, then your mouth.
What medications are prescribed
Cure antritis with one drug will not work. Drug treatment is not only in the use of drops, but also in the treatment of pills, inhalations and courses of certain physiotherapeutic procedures.
To remove acute inflammation symptoms, the doctor prescribes analgesics: this greatly facilitates the patient's condition. From pain use aspirin, ibuprofen in the dosages indicated by the doctor for a specific case.
If the nose is heavily laid and breathes heavily, then drugs are prescribed against edema. Due to this, the nasal passages expand and air becomes easier to enter the lungs. But such drugs are not a cure for the disease, but simply the removal of symptoms.
Important! If sinusitis in a person acquires a protracted character, you may need to take antibiotics.
Antibiotics for treatment
For the treatment of a number of penicillins (Amoxislav, Flemoxin solutab) are used, macrolides are prescribed for individual intolerance (Sumamed, Macroben). To treat and alleviate symptoms in a chronic disease, cephalosparins are prescribed (Ceftriaxone, Cefuroxime). If you need long-term antibiotic treatment, they are changed to others (Levoxacin, Moxifloxacin). An antibiotic is also found in sprays that are used for topical treatment:
Treatment without anti-inflammatory drugs (Fenspiride, Mometosone, Phenylbutazone, Ibuprofen, Piroxicam), antihistamines (Ebastine, Chloropyramine), mucolytics (Myrtol, Sinupret), vasoconstrictive drops (Naphazoline, Oxymetazoline) and herbal preparations with essential oils are not without treatment.
The modern market is rich in various drugs for the treatment of sinusitis, including sprays:
- Otrivin (1 injection 3 times a day);
- Sanorin (2 doses 3-4 times a day);
- Vibrocil (1-2 injections 3 times a day);
- Aqua Maris (2 doses up to 8 times a day);
- Physiomer (from 2 to 4 injections);
- Saline (2 sprayings up to 8 times a day);
- Nasonex (2 doses up to 4 times a day);
- Bioparox (2 injections in the nose 4 times a day);
- Polidex (1 dose up to 5 times);
- Isofra (1 spraying up to 6 times a day).
Why should I wash the nose
At home, it is easy to wash, which cleans the nasal cavity, removing mucus and pus. But rinsing is used in cases where the nasal passages are not narrowed. Most often, saline water is used for the procedure. You can make solutions of such herbs as chamomile, calendula, eucalyptus.
Treatment of sinusitis depending on the species
Depending on the degree and type of the disease, different methods of treatment are prescribed.
The treatment regimen for chronic sinusitis in adults includes:
- antibacterial drugs (which the doctor appoints individually to each patient);
- sosudosuzhivayuschie drops, sprays (to avoid addiction apply no more than a week);
- mucolytic agents (for liquefaction and excretion of sputum);
- puncturing of the maxillary sinus (a widely used method);
- YAMIK-catheter (modern method, alternative to puncture);
- washing the nose;
If the genyantritis is caused by the action of allergens, then first you need to find out the main symptoms of this form of the disease. Most often they are:
- stuffy nose;
- edema and itching of the nasal mucosa;
For the treatment of allergic sinusitis the doctor prescribes special preparations. Therapy is carried out as follows:
- analgesics, nasal sprays;
- antibiotics, probiotics;
- preparations for excretion of phlegm and mucus;
- washing the nose;
Treatment of acute sinusitis in adults should be carried out on time, in no case do not let the disease run wild. To get rid of the disease, use:
- antiviral drugs (Amizon):
- antibiotics (Amoxislav, Ceftriaxone);
- sprays (Bioparox);
- vasoconstrictive drops (Otrivin, Nazivin);
- preparations for excretion of sputum and removal of puffiness (Rinoflumucil);
- anesthetics and antipyretic drugs (Ibuprofen, Nurofen);
Treatment of bronchospasm after sinusitis
During this period it is not recommended to use folk remedies based on herbs, honey, essential oils. Attacks are treated with drugs:
- Dexamethasone (tablets and injections with anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic effect);
- Clenbuterol (syrup and tablets with bronchodilator and tocolytic action);
- Platifillin (tablets and injections that can remove spasm, tone and relax smooth muscles);
- Singlon (chewing tablets for the removal of spasms).
In order not to require treatment of sinusitis at home in adults, you need to think about prevention in time. It includes adherence to hygiene, care for immunity and the maintenance of a healthy lifestyle.