The incidence of influenza and SARS is affected by everyone. Many know how to deal with such diseases, everyone is familiar with effective prevention methods. Another thing is the Hong Kong flu. Those who first hear about this exotic disease, wonder what is it? Today we will take a closer look at this.
- Disturbing Symptoms
- What is the difference between an exotic and an ordinary virus?
- Method of treatment
- How long does the treatment last?
- Treatment of children and pregnancy
- Preventive measures
Symptoms and treatment of intestinal flu in adults We treat influenza and SARS at home Symptoms of swine flu What incubation period does the flu have? How to take pumpkin seeds from worms - recipes
Physicians are afraid of this virus, since there is a high probability that it can cause a real pandemic. This is by no means an exaggeration, similar already happened in the distant 1968. This year, the virus flourished in Hong Kong, as well as in other countries. It was then that the strain got its proper name. The sad examples of the past show that the disease must be treated in its early stages.
After the virus enters the human body, the incubation period is 2-3 days. The whole difficulty lies in the fact that the symptoms are similar to other types of influenza:
- there is a strong intoxication of the body, headache, general weakness, nausea;
- elevated temperature, it is very difficult to knock it down;
- pain in the joints of the lower and upper extremities, often in the back and lower back;
- unpleasant sensations in the throat;
These symptoms of the Hong Kong flu are standard. There are unpleasant pain in the stomach, indigestion, vomiting.
Important! The disease is especially dangerous for people of advanced age and children under two years old. They often have various complications.
What is the difference between an exotic and an ordinary virus?
What is the difference between the Hong Kong flu and the usual? These questions are primarily asked by patients. However, this, in fact, is not important. The Hong Kong strain carries as much danger as the usual. Striking differences in this strain in comparison with the usual does not.
Important! With this disease, the so-called "folk remedies" are ineffective, including honey, hot milk, onions, garlic. These funds can be used only with banal ARVI.
Therefore, it is wiser to start effective and immediate treatment. For this, first of all, it is necessary to call a doctor at home. Most likely, he will prescribe the same drugs as with the usual flu. About how to treat and vaccination, will be discussed in detail below in the article.
Method of treatment
If the above signs of the disease began to manifest, this is the first signal that you need to stay at home. If you ignore this rule, and continue to lead your usual lifestyle, you can infect others.
Important! Do not self-medicate and self-diagnose, contact a qualified physician. So you will stop the disease in the early stages of its development, and protect yourself from complications.
Treatment is conducted at home, with compliance with bed rest, according to the recommendations of doctors. You may need to be hospitalized when the disease is particularly difficult.
What is included in the mandatory treatment procedures:
- it is necessary to drink plenty of fluids and exclude heavy food from the diet;
- strict bed rest;
- standard antiviral therapy, which is prescribed by a doctor;
- symptomatic treatment.
It should be emphasized that antiviral drugs are not always appropriate. They are used only in cases when the disease is started and with complications. If the disease is not in severe form, then the body will fight the infection itself.
Than to treat? The following is a standard list of medicines:
- Antipyretics. The most effective are Ibuprofen, Paracetamol. You can use other antipyretic drugs. With this exotic virus, it is forbidden to use Aspirin.
- Drugs for sore throat. You can use sucking tablets, sprays, rinsing solutions. You can also resort to "folk medicine." It is very effective to use a solution of table salt of soda with salt and iodine. Gargle should be rinsed as often as possible, especially after eating.
- Cough syrups. In this case, everything depends on the nature of the cough. If coughing with phlegm, the use of expectorants is prescribed. With a dry cough, softening lollipops or syrup are taken.
- Antibiotics. Applied in the case when the bacterial infection joined the virus infection.
- Sorbents. They are able to reduce the intoxication of the body. They must be used in the first days of illness.
- Vitamins. They are responsible for maintaining immunity. Often prescribed ascorbic acid (vitamin C).
If you start the disease and do not deal with its treatment at all, then you may experience:
- shock state.
In rare cases, there is dysfunction of the liver, endocrine glands, kidneys. But the above complications are possible in the event that you do not treat at all from this disease and carry it on your feet.
Apparently, the virus of the Hong Kong flu causes very unpleasant and deplorable consequences. This again reminds us that one should not negligently treat the disease and its health.
How long does the treatment last?
This issue worries many patients. In this case, the main thing is not to rush. Even if on the second day there is no increased body temperature, then this is not an excuse to go to work or school. How many days the disease is treated depends on the human body and the neglect of the disease.
For example, in most cases, already on the third day, the fever disappears. Treatment lasts about 10 days. All this time you need to stay at home, and keep bed rest. What is dangerous for this virus? If the treatment is interrupted prematurely, the infection will begin to progress with even greater force and may lead to complications.
Important! If the temperature lasts for a long time, in this case, urgently needs to see a doctor, maybe he will prescribe additional medications or he will be transferred to inpatient treatment.
Treatment of children and pregnancy
It should be emphasized that the Hong Kong flu during pregnancy is treated exclusively in the hospital, under the supervision of doctors. There are drugs that do not affect the mother's fetus and do not pose a threat to the health of the unborn child. Strongly it is not recommended to perform treatment with antibiotics.
The Hong Kong flu in the child is also treated permanently, under the supervision of doctors. Children are prescribed the use of antipyretic syrups, candles. If necessary, an antibiotic is used.
Important! With regard to pregnant women and young children, the main thing is to turn to a doctor in time, at the first symptoms of the virus.
How is the virus transmitted? Transmission is carried out by airborne droplets. First of all, the main method of prevention - gauze bandage on the face.
Important! If an epidemic of the virus is declared in your city, then you need to wear a gauze bandage on your face when you leave the house.
Many are worried, but is there a vaccine? It will help to eradicate the problem altogether. Of course there is! Vaccination is done for children and adults. The vaccine needs to be done in advance so that the immunity can form. The best time for vaccination is in the autumn months October-November.
- minimization of contacts;
- ventilation of the working and living quarters;
- regular wet cleaning in the apartment;
- taking vitamins to maintain immunity;
- regular hand washing.
You should take care of your health. Exclude harmful food from the diet, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, walk more often outdoors, play sports. Adhering to the above rules, you can significantly reduce the likelihood of disease.