Intercostal neuralgia is a pathology, consisting in a negative effect on the intercostal nerve - irritation and compression. Independently to distinguish the disease from other violations in the home is quite difficult.
Therefore, when the first signs of anxiety appear, it is recommended to consult a specialist to make the right diagnosis, prevent deterioration and develop serious complications.
Pathology occurs from the age of 22 years. In children, intercostal neuralgia is not diagnosed because of the high elasticity of the bones.
- Causes of pathology
- Symptoms of the disease
- General recommendations
- How to treat folk remedies?
- Preventive measures
Causes of pathology
Factors contributing to the development of intercostal neuralgia:
- lesions of the spine - Bechterew's disease, osteochondrosis, etc.;
- pathology of the ligament apparatus;
- tumors of the spinal cord;
- demyelination of nerves;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- hereditary factor - malformations of the nervous system;
- overvoltage of the lumbar apparatus;
- endocrine disorders, especially diabetes mellitus;
- rheumatic polyarthritis( on the treatment of polyarthritis of the fingers you can read in this article).
The development of the disease can be provoked:
- by prolonged hypothermia;
- by shingles after chicken pox;
- by allergic reactions;
- with physical overloads of the support vehicle;
- by stressful situations;
- exposure to the body of toxic substances;
- condition after surgical interventions on the spine;
- with salt deposits;
- chronic fatigue;
In the risk zone, men and women over the age of 50 years, when pathological changes in the musculoskeletal system accumulate.
The likelihood of intercostal neuralgia increases during pregnancy, especially in later periods, when the uterus exerts pressure on the thoracic region, deforming the ribs and nerves.
Important! Increases the risk of developing neuralgia of poisoning, bad habits and cardiovascular failure.
Symptoms of the disease
The main manifestation of the deviation is the pain of a different nature - aching, blunt, burning, sharp, localizing in the costal portion of and manifesting temporarily or permanently.
Pain sensations can increase during motor activity, sneezing, exhalation and inspiration, with coughing.
The pain is felt when you touch the spine and ribs, especially in the area of the affected nerve.
Additional signs of neuralgia are:
- excessive pallor or redness of the skin;
- increased sweating;
- loss of skin sensitivity in the affected area;
- muscle twitching.
Important! The complexity of diagnosis is the similarity of pain, manifested in the intercostal spaces and giving in the lower back, heart or shoulder blades, with other diseases.
Effective treatment of perspiration in the throat with folk remedies in adults and children.
Is it possible to cure erosive gastritis at home? Read in this article.
The disease can be mistaken for renal colic, heart disease and other pathologies. Only an experienced neurologist can correctly diagnose and prescribe an effective treatment.
To exclude other diseases, specialists conduct the following examinations:
- Radiography of the lungs.
- Ultrasound examination of abdominal organs.
The effect should be directed to the elimination of:
- inflammatory process;
- pain syndrome;
- problem, which caused pathology.
When intercostal neuralgia occurs against a background of a certain disease, the doctor prescribes treatment to eliminate the underlying pathology.
The methods of getting rid of the disease include:
- Drug medications - blockades, vitamins, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, analgesics.
- Reflex therapy.
- Restriction of mobility of the chest or spine in the affected area.
- Manual therapy.
- Using the corset.
- Physiotherapeutic effects.
- Therapeutic gymnastics.
During pregnancy for the removal of intercostal neuralgia apply exercise therapy and massage, as well as gymnastic exercises that help to normalize the movement of the ribs and reduce muscle spasm and pain.
At home, to ease intercostal pain, it is recommended to lie on a hard surface and wrap up woolen things with a painful focus.
How to treat folk remedies?
Traditional medicine does not deny the effectiveness of folk recipes. But before using any funds on the basis of natural components, you should consult your doctor with a neurologist.
The best folk recipes:
- In 2 cups of boiled water, you should dissolve 8 tablespoons of chamomile flowers in dry form. The mixture is boiled for 10 minutes, filtered and drunk 3 times a day for the third part of the glass after eating. The course continues until the painful syndrome is completely extinct.
- In a container with a dark glass, you must mix iodine and glycerin in equal proportions. Before going to bed it is recommended to lubricate, painful areas with the received mass, not allowing intensive rubbing and falling on the spine. The remedy remains on the body throughout the night. The course of treatment is 1 month with the procedure every other day.
- Butter is recommended to cut and melt in a water bath, then mix with powdered leaves and lilac buds in a ratio of 1: 4, strain and cool to room temperature. The resulting healing ointment needs to rub the sore spots. Instead of oil, you can use lard or petrolatum.
- In 1 cup of boiling water, you should dissolve 1 tablespoon of peppermint leaves, insist the broth for 30 minutes and drain. Eat 1/2 cup 2 times a day - in the morning and in the evening. The course of treatment is 30 days.
- In 0.5 liters of water, dissolve 2 tablespoons of salt. A piece of cloth is dipped in the resulting solution and applied to the affected area for 3 hours. On top of the compress can be insulated.
For maximum benefit and safety, it is necessary to comply with the rules for the preparation, use and storage of traditional medicine.
How to prepare antiparasitic tea with your own hands: the composition and medicinal properties of herbs.
The link is an article on the treatment of Helicobacter pylori at home.
How to cure swine flu with folk remedies?http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva /raznoe/ ot-svinogo-grippa.html
To prevent the development of intercostal neuralgia, the following simple guidelines and rules should be observed:
- Elimination of stressful situations.
- Timely treatment of spine and endocrine disorders.
- Elimination of a long position in uncomfortable poses.
- Adoption of group B vitamins.
- Regular exercises and exercises.
- Properly balanced nutrition.
- Correct posture.
- Excessive physical exertion should be avoided, especially to older people and with poor physical conditioning.
- Exception of supercooling and overstrain of the dorsal and pectoral muscles.
With pain in the intercostal space, as soon as possible, seek help from a specialist neurologist.
Only an experienced doctor is able to make the correct diagnosis, to select an effective treatment for the rapid disposal of the patient from unpleasant symptoms, to identify the cause of the manifestation of the disorder and to timely eliminate it.