With the normal functioning of the body in women, the glands of the vagina constantly produce a mucous secret with a specific odor. Normally, the smell from the vagina is weak and does not cause any unpleasant sensations. Also, the change or enhancement of the vaginal odor may depend on a certain phase of the menstrual cycle.
Sometimes, when exposed to unfavorable environmental factors or due to internal pathological causes, an unpleasant odor begins to appear in the intimate area. In most cases, this is provoked by a sexual infection, because pathogenic microorganisms in their life emit specific gases, and they then become a source of stench.
In the light of the above, in order to eliminate discomfort and complications, any woman and girl need to know the causes of the appearance of an unpleasant odor from the vagina, than to treat the causative diseases and how to expel the present infection from the vaginal area. There are special folk remedies that you can use yourself to get rid of this problem even at home.
Unpleasant odor from the vagina, causes of its appearance
the choice of how to eliminate the stench from the vagina, you need to find out the exact cause of its occurrence.
It is important to keep in mind that the secretion of clear liquid mucus in small amounts without a sharp odor is normal and does not require treatment.
In some cases, it may appear due to impaired metabolic processes and increased work of the glandular system. But if the smell is sharp and unpleasant, and with it other signs of an inflammatory process - it can be a warning sign and a symptom.
The main factors that lead to its appearance:
- The dysbacteriosis of the vaginal cavity of is a violation of the balance between useful and pathogenic bacteria in the vaginal environment. It occurs as a result of a decrease in the protective reaction of the mucosa or when a favorable environment appears for the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria.
- Thrush is a fungal infection, accompanied by the appearance of white curdled discharge with an unpleasant acidic odor.
- Colpitis is an inflammatory lesion of the mucous membrane of the vaginal walls. Its development can be triggered by cocco flora or an infection that is transmitted through sexual intercourse.
- Gardnerellosis - infection with a microorganism gardnerrel. It provokes the appearance of a rotten smell in the intimate area of women.
- A chronic inflammatory disease of in the organs of the reproductive system may be accompanied by vaginal discharge.
Correctly to establish the reason it is possible only having addressed to the doctor. Timely examination and identification of provoking factors will help prevent complications and accelerate the recovery process.
In addition to the main reasons, there are others:
- insufficient compliance with personal hygiene;
- promiscuous sex life;
- permanent or abnormal syringing;
- weakened immunity;
- rejection of contraceptive methods;
- changes in the microflora of the vagina;
- mucosal dystrophy;
- use of strong medications;
- pathological structure of the vagina;
- hormonal imbalance - sometimes before the onset of menstruation, an unpleasant odor of onion or fish begins to be released in the girls, after they occur, it passes on their own;
- the period of menopause, abortion and pregnancy can also provoke stench from the vagina;
- application of the intrauterine device more than five years;
- frequent stressful situations;
- presence of excess weight;
- increased emotionality and impressionability;
- is a genetic disorder of the metabolism.
Often, after the birth of release has fish odor .This phenomenon does not cause discomfort neither to a woman, nor to others. Over time, such secretions change their brownish shade to transparent. The process lasts not more than two months.
If the discharge acquires a putrefactive smell, then an infection may have been entered. In this case, you need to contact a gynecologist. Sometimes discharge with an unpleasant odor can be allocated if there is a sexual intercourse after menstruation.
The type of vaginal odor helps to determine the cause of
Odors can differ in type. Based on this, you can determine the cause of their appearance:
|1||Fish odor||Indicates the presence of vaginal dysbiosis. In addition to the smell, it can be disturbed by severe itching and burning in the intimate area. Inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs can develop.|
|2||The smell of onion||Its appearance speaks of a fungal infection of the vaginal mucosa. This smell tends to increase after intimacy and during menstruation. The disease requires bacteriological examination.|
|3||Odor of urine||It can occur due to constant stresses, it is observed in women with excessive body weight. Its cause is the involuntary leakage of a small amount of urine from the bladder cavity due to pressure in the abdominal cavity.|
|4||Smell of rotten meat||Bacterial infection of the vaginal mucosa with gardnerella can give such a smell. With the development of the infectious process, it occurs together with grayish discharge from the vagina.|
|5||Sour odor||Is a symptom of candidiasis. Its combination, together with the itching of the external genitalia, indicates their infectious disease, and vulvovaginitis is possible.|
|6||Odor of acetone||This specific odor can be a manifestation of diabetes in women. With this pathology, the body accumulates ketones in the body, which are discharged to the outside in the composition of biological fluids. The smell of acetone can also indicate other problems. Identify them only after a detailed survey.|
|7||Smell of iron||This phenomenon indicates the presence of blood impurities in the vaginal discharge. Often occurs in the period of menstruation or in the presence of erosive lesions of the cervix, when the integrity of the mucous membrane of this area is violated.|
Symptoms: odor of fish or onion
The smell of fish or onions is the main symptom of .But an unpleasant smell can be accompanied by the manifestation of other symptoms:
- clear or yellowish discharge;
- pain during sexual intercourse;
- coalescence between small labia;
- burning sensation when urinating;
- inflammation of the uterine appendages.
Treatment should begin immediately after the first symptoms are identified.
Timely measures taken make it possible to avoid the spread of infection and complications.
Smell from the vagina: treatment with folk remedies at home
Before treating the smell of fish from the vagina, it is better to consult a gynecologist and take the necessary tests. The doctor will quickly identify the cause of his appearance and prescribe the necessary treatment.
Basically it is carried out at home and includes:
- reception of antibacterial drugs;
- use of lactic acid to restore acidity;
- hormone treatment;
- reception of bacterial medicines, which provoke an increase in the formation of benign bacteria.
If there is no inflammatory process in the uterus or vagina, then to restore the normal microflora will help effective folk medicine prescriptions :
- Eliminate the unpleasant odor from the vagina root lover .You need to pour 15 grams of raw material with a glass of boiling water. It is good to insist under the closed lid, cool and strain. Take 1 tablespoon three times a day.
- Nettle .To prepare, pour boiled water 20 grams of deaf nettle, insist, strain and consume 150 milliliters three times a day.
- Juice of barberry and kalina .Liquids should be mixed in equal proportions and drink 100 milliliters each day until complete recovery.
- Wormwood .It is necessary to pour wormwood ordinary glass of boiling water and let it brew. Take a drink you need one tablespoon in the morning, afternoon and evening. This is very useful in the presence of vaginal discharge with a sharp odor and pain in the lower abdomen.
- You can use tea tree oil to wash the genitals. For cooking, dilute 5 drops of oil in a basin with room temperature water and mix well before applying the procedure. Tea tree oil has good antiseptic abilities, has anti-inflammatory, bactericidal and antiviral effects.
- Fenugreek herb .It is necessary to dilute 1 tablespoon of raw material in a glass of boiled water and take 200 milliliters each morning and before bedtime. But it should be borne in mind that initially such a tool can cause indigestion.
- Very effective baths with the addition of vinegar .To do this, in a basin with water, dilute 5 tablespoons of 9% vinegar and hold the sex organs in it for at least 5 minutes.
- Food soda for washing the sex organs. It will help to remove the unpleasant itching of the genital organs with a solution of baking soda. It will take a glass of boiling water and a teaspoon of baking soda. Stir the solution, allow it to cool to room temperature and wash the intimate place. This is a very effective tool in the fight against yeast infections.
- The use of garlic will help to reduce the number of pathogenic microorganisms. It should be finely chopped, wrapped with a sterile bandage and placed in the vagina for a few minutes. The use of three such procedures will help restore the microflora and remove the unpleasant odor.
- Camomile officinalis .To prepare should be 5 tablespoons chamomile pour three liters of water and put on a small fire. After 10 minutes remove from the plate, cool to room temperature and use for washing twice a day.
- Pine .It will take 30 grams of pine buds and three liters of purified water. Blend the mixture over low heat for half an hour. Then let it brew for 60 minutes and do the local baths for 20 minutes twice a day.
- Decoction of leaves of cowberry, viburnum, lavender, mistletoe and plantain from .
- helps the roots of Leuzea, althea, pine buds, lavender and wormwood as infusion.
A great value in combating the unpleasant odor from the vagina has a healthy balanced diet :
- The citruses will solve the problem, they are rich in vitamin C, which stops the growth of pathogenic bacteria. Mandarins, oranges and lemons help neutralize harmful toxic elements and make the female body less vulnerable to urinary tract infections.
- Reduces the odor from the vagina by including home-made yogurt in the diet. In their composition there should be no dyes, preservatives and other chemical components.
- It is worthwhile to introduce the garlic in the menu. It is famous for its antibacterial antifungal properties.
- During the recovery period it is advisable to use water more often .Getting into the body in large doses, the liquid helps wash out pathogenic bacteria. And also water displays an excessive sugar content, which creates a favorable environment for harmful microorganisms, which provokes a stench from the vagina.
Folk methods can be used as an adjunct to drug treatment. But after agreeing with the doctor and his permission. During pregnancy it is better to abandon such methods.
Prevention of stench
There are certain recommendations that will help prevent an unpleasant odor from the vagina:
- Balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates in food - excellent prevention of urinary system diseases. This reduces the risk of stink in the intimate area.
- It is important that adhere to the hygiene rules of .Wash and shower, change clothes frequently. External genital organs require cleanliness and dryness under any circumstances.
- is recommended to wear linen made from natural fabrics .Synthetics do not allow the skin to breathe, which creates conditions for the appearance of an unpleasant odor.
- Using daily gaskets will keep the cleanliness of clothes, dryness of the genitals and reduce odor. But they need to be worn in certain cases and often changed.
- During monthly , hygiene should pay particular attention to .It is necessary to wash more often, tampons and gaskets to change every two hours. At night it is better to use only gaskets.
The presence of an unpleasant odor from the vagina means a violation of its microflora. Timely detection of the cause and treatment will help to quickly eliminate the delicate problem.
For this, it is better to immediately go to a medical institution and undergo a survey. In the absence of inflammatory processes in the genital organs, the folk methods of treatment are excellent.