Violation of the normal operation of the visual apparatus significantly worsens the quality of life. Hypermetropic astigmatism is a serious disease that does not allow the patient to clearly see the images. In the early stages, the pathology is well treatable, so it is important to consult an ophthalmologist for the first symptoms.
- Hypermotropic astigmatism, what is it?
- Types of the disease
- Degrees of development of pathology
- Effective methods of therapy and vision correction
- Contact lenses and glasses
- Surgical intervention
Fast astigmatism - proven methods Treatment of mixed astigmatism, symptoms and causes of the disease What is myopic astigmatism? Astigmatism in children what is it? Treatment of myopia in school-age children
Hypermotropic astigmatism, what is it?
Hypermetropic or farsighted astigmatism (code μb 10 H52.2) is a pathological change in the structure of the eyeball, in which the visual picture is misdirected to the retina. The disease leads to what the patient sees vaguely and blurry. Violation of full vision occurs because the light passing through the eye, focuses on several points, but only in one. The peculiarity of the disease is that these dots do not penetrate the retina, but are beyond its limits.
The disease can be congenital or acquired. In the first case, doctors claim that the disease is transmitted genetically, from the next of kin and appears in infancy. In the second variant, everything is more complicated, because the pathology develops against the background of tissue scarring, which occurs due to trauma or after surgery.
Types of the disease
Far-sighted astigmatism is a serious disease, the causes of which are not exactly established in our time. However, there are several types of this pathology, they are completely dependent on the what meridian of the eyeball defect develops. As a rule, physicians distinguish such varieties of disease:
- simple hypermetropic astigmatism is manifested by hyperopia in one of the main areas of the eyeball, and in the other everything works correctly. This violation allows the light to be fixed before the retina of the eye, and behind it;
- complex hypermetropic astigmatism. A feature of this type of disease is hyperopia in two eyeballs, but with varying complexity. The focal points that appear as a result of the refraction of the sun's rays are concentrated beyond the retina.
Poor health with hypermetropic astigmatism often leads to unpleasant symptoms that worsen the general condition. As a rule, the patient feels pain in the head area, the clearness of vision is lost, and painful sensations appear in the eyes. If you do not seek medical help in a timely manner, then the ailment leads to a strabismus and rapid fatigue of the visual apparatus.
Important!Long-sighted astigmatism in children under 10 years old can be considered the norm. However, if the child has not overgrown the pathology, then immediately take measures for treatment.
Degrees of development of pathology
In medicine, it is common to divide hypermetropic astigmatism into different degrees. This indicator allows us to clearly determine the refractive index of light rays in the main meridians of the visual apparatus. As a rule, ophthalmologists distinguish such degrees of pathology:
- a weak degree (up to 3 diopters) is the most common disease that can be treated well;
- hypermetropia of medium degree with astigmatism (up to 6 diopters) less common disorder, which can not be corrected by spectacles and lenses;
- Hypermetropia of high degree with astigmatism (more than 6 diopters) develops against a background of serious disorders in the cornea.
Obviously, the higher the degree of disease, the more difficult the disease is treatable. At the first sign it is important to consult a doctor. The specialist will assign a number of examinations, on the basis of which an accurate diagnosis will be made. After that, the ophthalmologist will choose a course of treatment. The patient should fully comply with all the recommendations of a specialist and then the vision will be restored.
Important!Are they taking the army with this disease? From the army, patients are released who have been diagnosed with complex hypermetropic astigmatism of both eyes or one.
Effective methods of therapy and vision correction
Depending on the degree and complexity of the disease, the doctor chooses the best therapy. If the pathology is established at an early stage, the patient will simply need a correction of vision. In any case, it is important to follow all the recommendations of the ophthalmologist, so that vision is restored, as soon as possible.
Contact lenses and glasses
These devices can effectively correct the vision and restore the full work of the visual apparatus. In this case, it is important to follow all the doctor's recommendations, since each subject has certain characteristics.
- Contact lenses. To restore vision physicians are recommended to wear special lenses in the shape of a cylinder. To adjust, use flexible or rigid lenses. They immediately are plus and minus. Due to the correct structure, you can change the direction of light in the necessary areas of the eyeball. Due to this ability, the resulting error in the visual apparatus disappears.
- Points are always assigned if the disease is found in a child. The constant use of glasses makes it possible to avoid strabismus and completely restore visual acuity.
The above options for therapy effectively correct visual acuity, therefore they are recommended in the early stages of the disease.
The use of lenses and glasses will restore vision, but will not eliminate the cause of the disease - corneal corneal tissue. To completely eliminate all signs of hypermetropic astigmatism, ophthalmologists recommend surgery. In medicine, several types of surgical intervention are practiced, which effectively restore the function of the visual apparatus.
- Thermokerokerocoagulation. The procedure is carried out with a needle that heats up to a high temperature. With its help, point burns are applied to the peripheral parts of the cornea. Due to this, the individual collagen tissues are reduced, which allows changing the shape of the cornea. After completion of the procedure, its middle part acquires a more convex shape, and on the outskirts it becomes flat. This reconstruction allows you to quickly change the angle of view and restore the eyeball quality.
- Laser thermokerokerocoagulation. The operation is performed similarly to the usual thermokeratocoagulation, its principle of action is the same. The difference is that spot burns are applied with a special laser.
- Hypermetropic laser keratomileus is the newest procedure in modern medicine. It is carried out by the action of a laser beam on the peripheral parts of the cornea. During the operation, a small incision is made, which makes it possible to get into the middle layers of the cornea. This area is corrected, which makes it possible to improve eyesight.
All of the above surgical procedures can effectively restore the work of the visual apparatus. After the operation, after a few days the patient can see well. However, it is important to listen to the doctor's recommendations.
The basic preventive measures consist in uniform distribution of loads on both eyes and alternating them with physical exercises. It is important to eat right and lead a healthy lifestyle. However, if there is a predisposition to long-sighted astigmatism, it is necessary to visit the doctor regularly and follow all his recommendations.