The fact that high cholesterol levels in the blood threatens serious problems, everyone knows. It is deposited in blood vessels in the form of plaques, which increases the risk of heart attack or stroke. But without this substance, the work of the body is impossible. Cholesterol is involved in the metabolism, the synthesis of hormones, so it is important to maintain balance in the body and carefully monitor its level. It is not necessary for this to drink a handful of pills. Quickly reduce cholesterol without drugs helps to correct lifestyle and nutrition.
- Cholesterol: Harm or Necessity
- Methods for reducing without tablets
- Folk remedies
- What products reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood
- Recommendations for high cholesterol
How to lower high cholesterol at home Useful products - cleansing vessels and lowering cholesterol How Women Reduce Cholesterol After 50 Years Observe a diet with high blood cholesterol The level of cholesterol in adults and children - a table by age
Cholesterol: Harm or Necessity
Cholesterol is one of the important components of the human body. Moreover, its excess is not only harmful, but also dangerous. As a result of hyperlipidemia (high content of fats in the blood), plaques form which eventually clog the blood vessels and lead to the following consequences:
- pulmonary embolism:
- heart attack;
- obliterating endarteritis;
- coronary death.
But we must not forget that lipids are part of the membranes, provide contact between cells and strengthen them, facilitate the transmission of nerve impulses. They play an important role in thermoregulation, they act as a source of energy. Cholesterol supports the work of the nervous system and muscles, and is involved in metabolism. Decrease in its level occurs in such diseases:
- adrenal insufficiency;
- thyrotoxicosis (increased thyroid function);
- liver disease - hepatitis, cirrhosis.
Lack of cholesterol is fraught with psychoemotional disorders, depression, osteoporosis, hemorrhagic stroke due to increased vascular permeability.
Overdoing with a decrease in lipids is no less dangerous than allowing them to rise. Regular diagnostics helps to maintain the necessary balance. Doctors recommend determining the level of cholesterol 1-2 times a year. Patients at risk are tested more often - 2-4 times a year. These are people over 60 years old, as well as those suffering from cardiovascular diseases and hypertension, hepatitis, hypothyroidism and thyrotoxicosis, with myocardial infarction and stroke in the anamnesis.
Attention! Correction of hypercholesterolemia should be prescribed only by the attending physician taking into account all the features of the patient and accompanying diseases!
To maintain the necessary balance of substances in the body can be without the help of medications, adhering to a certain diet and the principles of a healthy lifestyle.
Methods for reducing without tablets
With an increase in the level of cholesterol in the blood does not necessarily immediately drink medications. At the initial stage, the problem can be solved in a few simple ways.
The first thing to do is to increase physical activity. Especially effective running or other sports with monotonous rhythmic movements. This normalizes the pulse, increases the flow into the circulatory system of oxygen, which contributes to the "burning" of fat. The risk of plaque formation decreases.
Elderly people are recommended moderate loadings - daily walks, cycling, simple work on the backyard. According to studies, this way of life in old age reduces the likelihood of heart attack and stroke by 50%.
Attention! During exercise, monitor the pulse! In the elderly person, its increase should not exceed 15 strokes.
But one physical culture is not enough. The following recommendations should be observed:
- Quit smoking. Under the influence of tobacco, the ratio of "good" and "bad" cholesterol changes for the worse.
- Restrict the use of alcohol. According to medical research, it directly affects the level of cholesterol in the blood, but worsens the metabolism in the body.
- Observe a special diet with a low content of animal fats.
- Do not neglect the means of traditional medicine. It offers a large number of recipes based on natural ingredients.
- Control weight. People with overweight are more likely to face the problem of cholesterol balance disorders.
The approach to lowering cholesterol should be comprehensive and permanent. Do not get carried away by short-term diets or periodic gymnastics. It is necessary to change the way of life completely, it will help to avoid many health problems.
Lower blood cholesterol levels can be done at home. It will help in this physical activity and getting rid of excess weight. For weight loss you need to completely change eating habits.
When adjusting the diet, the following principles must be adhered to:
- replace animal fats (lard, cheese, butter and others) with vegetable;
- minimize the use of easily assimilated carbohydrates (sugar, cakes, sweets, cakes);
- instead of ordinary bakery products, eat bread and cookies based on oats and coarse bran or whole-grain;
- eat more fish, seafood, fruits and vegetables.
This approach to nutrition will not only quickly reduce the level of cholesterol, but will also improve the entire body.
Attention! Patients who are diagnosed with diabetes mellitus or metabolic pathology should not count on home methods alone! Any treatment option should be monitored by a physician.
Traditional medicine offers many recipes for lowering lipid levels. Their use helps to improve overall health, strengthen blood vessels, reduce the risk of cardiovascular complications.
Here are the most popular recipes:
- Half a glass of dill seeds mixed with a glass of honey and a spoon of valerian root, pour 1 liter of hot water. Insist a day. Take three times a day for 1 tbsp. l. for 20 minutes before a meal.
- Squeeze 10 cloves of garlic, mix with two glasses of olive oil. Insist for a week. The resulting mixture is added to food instead of seasoning.
- Squeeze juice from 1 kg of lemons, add 200 g of crushed garlic. Keep in a cold place in the dark for three days, drink 1 tbsp. l. per day, previously diluted with water.
- Soak in the water for a night beans or peas. In the morning, replace the water, add a pinch of soda, cook and eat in two batches. Course duration 21 days.
- Drink half an hour before eating 7 drops of 4% tincture of propolis diluted with water. It is recommended to continue treatment within four months.
- Eat 20-25 alfalfa sprouts daily.
- Add linseed seeds.
- In 200 g of alcohol add 300 g of garlic and insist in the dark for seven days. Drink this tincture is recommended three times a day. With each reception it is necessary to increase the number of drops from 2 to 20, and then reduce in the reverse order. The course of treatment is designed for a week, repeated every three years.
Attention! Before using any folk remedies, make sure there is no allergy to the ingredients!
What products reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood
With hyperlipidemia, the use of cholesterol-lowering foods will help. Nature has given us a lot of plants, the enzymes of which restore the balance of fats in the body. Let's see what products reduce cholesterol:
- Avocado. Its use quickly normalizes metabolism.
- Fish fatty varieties - the leader in the presence of fatty acids. Enough 200 grams of sea fish a week to prevent the formation of blood clots and thin the blood.
- Nuts and seeds of various plants - they increase the content of "good" lipids. The most useful are the walnut, cedar and Brazil nuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios, linen and sesame seeds.
- Of vegetable oils, olive, soybean and flaxseed are effective. Just add butter to the food, and do not fry them.
- Fruits and berries are blue, purple and red. Their color is provided by polyphenols, which normalize the balance of blood, stimulate the work of the liver, help to clean the vessels.
- Whole grains and oatmeal.
- Citrus. They contain unique fibers that, when combined with gastric juice, "absorb" cholesterol and remove from the body, help in the fight against various diseases.
- All legumes contribute to the removal of "bad" lipids through the stomach, due to the large fiber content. They are also rich in vegetable protein, which is easily digested.
- Garlic contains many statins, phytoncides and is considered a natural antibiotic. It is useful in hypercholesterolemia, but is not recommended for people with pathology of the digestive tract.
It is advisable to add red rice, white cabbage and lots of fresh herbs to the diet. All these natural "medicines" will help quickly and without harm to the body to normalize the lipid balance. A positive effect will increase the addition of a decoction of medicinal herbs to the diet.
With mild hypercholesterolemia, pharmaceutical preparations can be replaced with herbs. In the fight against "bad" cholesterol, decoctions and tinctures from such plants are used:
- "Caucasian Dioscorea". It strengthens blood vessels, improves heart function, is used as a cholagogue.
- "Golden mustache". This houseplant with many useful properties. They treat diseases of the endocrine system, atherosclerosis, prostatitis.
- Liquorice root. It takes three weeks, after which they make a one-month break.
- Alfalfa. This plant eliminates hypercholesterolemia. From its leaves make juice and drink a month for 2 tablespoons three times a day.
You can also use fortifying decoctions of hawthorn, linden, dandelion, icteric, milk thistle, plantain, thistle and other herbs. There are a lot of them and here are the most common in use.
Recommendations for high cholesterol
A few simple tips that will quickly and safely reduce the lipid level to the norm:
- replace coffee with green tea;
- do not have a snack with sandwiches and butter;
- Enter into the diet soy products and sea fish;
- Pork fat is eaten, but in small amounts and, preferably, with garlic. He will quickly remove excess fat from the body;
- try to replace saturated fats with vegetable oils.
Another useful recommendation is sokoterapiya. Freshly squeezed vegetable and fruit juices effectively rid the body of "bad" lipids. With their help, blood vessels at home are cleared the fastest. You can drink juices in courses for five days, alternating squeezed out of different vegetables and fruits. But before using them, you must dilute with water.
Summing up, it is worth emphasizing the danger of formation of cholesterol plaques in the vessels. This can be the initial stage of life-threatening diseases. To avoid negative consequences simple actions will help: proper nutrition, exercise, refusal from smoking and alcohol. In addition, pay attention to the body and do a blood test every six months. The normal level of "harmful" cholesterol is from 4 to 5.2 mmol / l. If these indicators are higher, consult a doctor as soon as possible, which will help to select appropriate treatment and preventive measures.