By the results of a blood test you can find out the general state of a person. One of its most important indicators is cholesterol. It is a natural fatty alcohol. An increase in this indicator is considered a pathology, this condition requires appropriate treatment. Consider how cholesterol should be, its rate in women by age.
- From what rises
- The norm of cholesterol in the blood of women
- Symptoms of abnormalities
- Decoding the result of a blood test
- What to do with high cholesterol
Useful products - cleansing vessels and lowering cholesterol Observe a diet with high blood cholesterol Why cholesterol rises in the blood How to quickly lower cholesterol in the blood without drugs Rapid reduction of cholesterol by folk remedies
From what rises
Cholesterol is an indicator that takes an active part in fat metabolism. Its increase can lead to serious disruption of the functioning of the cardiovascular system. Specialized biochemical analysis helps to obtain information about the most important indicators that participate in fat metabolism. These include:
- total cholesterol;
- HDL - high-density lipoproteins;
- LDL - low density lipoproteins.
The level of total cholesterol is determined by the amount of HDL and LDL.
The reasons why total cholesterol is increased in women:
- lack of physical activity, sedentary lifestyle;
- overweight, obesity;
- genetic predisposition;
- long-term use of medications that provoke an increase or decrease in the indicator;
- Harmful habits such as excessive use of alcoholic beverages or smoking;
- harmful food: dairy products with a high percentage of fat content, fatty meat, butter and so on;
- old age, the period of menopause.
The risk group also includes women who have been diagnosed with certain cardiovascular diseases.
It is important to know! At the age of 60 years and older, the elevated cholesterol level in a woman is normal! But, nevertheless, it must be controlled.
The norm of cholesterol in the blood of women
What should be the cholesterol, you can see from the data in the table.
|No.||Age||Total cholesterol, mmol / l||LDL, mmol / L||HDL, mmol / l|
|1.||20-25 years old||3.16-5.6||1.48-4.12||0.95-2.04|
|2.||30-35 years old||3.37-5.96||1.18-4.04||0.93-1.99|
|3.||40-45 years old||3.81-6.53||1.92-4.51||0.88-2.28|
|6.||over 70 years old||4.48-7.25||2.28-5.21||0.85-2.38|
With regard to the indicator when bearing a child, the norm in pregnant women is as follows:
|No.||Age||Total cholesterol, mmol / l|
|1.||16-20 years old||6.14-10.38|
|2.||20-25 years old||6.34-11.2|
|3||25-30 years old||6.6-12.6|
|4.||30-35 years old||6.8-11.94|
|5.||35-40 years old||7.4-12.6|
|6.||40-45 years old||7.8-11.6|
The level must be constantly monitored, passing the appropriate analysis.
It is important to know! Critically high cholesterol in pregnant women is especially dangerous! It can cause the development of dangerous diseases, both in the future mother and the baby.
Symptoms of abnormalities
If cholesterol is elevated, what does it mean? The increase in bad cholesterol has no significant symptoms. Usually it manifests itself in the form of signs of concomitant diseases. It is possible to detect an elevated level only when passing the appropriate study.
What does the increased indicator indicate? Prolonged presence in such a state causes a lack of oxygen in the internal organs. It is possible to suspect an increase in this value if such symptoms appear:
- pain in the heart;
- pain in the lower extremities when performing physical exertion or walking;
- visually scanned cholesterol deposits, which are called xanthomas.
Xanthomas are small dots of white color, which are usually located in the upper part of the century.
High cholesterol also causes a circulatory disturbance. A woman feels the general weakness of the body, quickly overworked, especially in the morning. The less dangerous signs of an overestimated indicator are:
- dysfunction of the visual apparatus;
- a deterioration in the ability to remember;
- itching and burning in the lower extremities.
These ailments in the majority testify that the cholesterol index at the woman is raised.
If the given index is underestimated, it is accompanied by such symptoms:
- decreased appetite or complete loss of it;
- fat stool - steatorrhea;
- weakening of muscle tissue;
- loss of sensitivity;
- inhibition of reflex functions;
- enlarged lymph nodes;
- state of depression or aggression;
- decreased sexual activity, sexual desire.
Low cholesterol can lead to such dangerous consequences:
- Loss of elasticity of blood vessels. This can lead to impaired cerebral circulation. In this case, the vessels burst, which can cause hemorrhagic stroke.
- The production of serotonin decreases, which leads to unreasonable aggression or a depressed state.
- Increases intestinal permeability. As a result, toxic and other harmful substances are not excreted by their body, but fall into the blood.
- The appearance of excess weight, which leads to obesity.
- The absence of cholesterol prevents the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, which also causes serious health problems.
Important to remember! Regardless of the decrease or increase of this indicator, any deviation from the norm is considered a pathological condition!
Decoding the result of a blood test
A blood test for cholesterol is a fairly common procedure. It can be taken in any medical laboratory. In order to obtain the most reliable result, it is necessary to prepare beforehand.
It is important to remember that blood is shed on an empty stomach. At the same time 2-3 days before the study, it is required to exclude alcohol, cigarettes, fatty foods, as well as medications.
For the study, blood from the vein is taken. The length of the fence takes a couple of minutes. The result should be expected about 2-3 days. Everything depends on the workload of the laboratory. The norm of cholesterol concentration in the blood is 3.1-5 mmol / l, the content of triglycerides is 0.14-1.82 mmol / l. The level of HDL and LDL is on average 1 mmol / l.
What to do with high cholesterol
How to reduce this indicator? First of all, you need to revise the diet. The products used should be useful, saturated with vitamins. The diet is to saturate the daily diet with such products:
- fresh vegetables, prepared in the form of salads, it is also useful to add a little olive oil;
- Cши д Cши C C C C C C C C C Cши C Cши C C C C C C C C C C C C C д C C C Cши C Cши Cши C C C C Cши C C C Cши Cши C C C Cши Cши C C C C C
- Meat of rabbit, turkey, chicken and other low-fat varieties;
- grain bread with bran;
- any porridge;
- omelets based on protein;
- juices with a minimum sugar content;
At the same time, cook meals by cooking, baking in the oven, cooking for a couple. From fatty, fried, sharp, salty and spicy dishes it is better to refuse.
It is mandatory to get rid of addictions, such as smoking and excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages.
With a strong increase in the level of cholesterol in the blood, the attending physician can prescribe medication. For this, a woman needs to take statins. Their advantage is that such drugs do not have side effects and contraindications. The most common drugs in this group are: Rosuvastatin, Fluvastatin, Lovastatin, Simvastatin, Atorvastatin.
Many women are interested in the question: is it necessary to lower the cholesterol index? Normalization of the state helps to cope with such problems:
- decrease in the number of cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels, thereby expanding the lumen of the arteries;
- stop formation of cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels;
- Cшиши Cшишиши Cши Cшиши C C C Cши Cши C Cшиши C C C C C Cшиши C C C д C C C Cши Cши C C C C д C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C
- preventing the rupture of cholesterol plaques;
- reduction in the risk of peripheral arterial disease;
- normalization of blood circulation in the lower extremities.
Cholesterol can also be lowered with the help of alternative medicine, which is prepared at home. The most effective recipes are:
- Cшиши C Cши Cшиши Cшиши Cшиши Cшиши Cшиши C C C C C Cши Cши C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C Cши C д C C C C C C Cши C C C C C C C The root of the valerian is chopped. This ingredient will take 1 hour. l. Add as much dill seeds, pour 1 glass of water. Put on a small fire cook for 10 minutes. After cooking, drain the decoction, add 1 h. l. honey. This tool will help not only to clean blood vessels, but also to strengthen the immune system.
- Garlic oil. To make it you need to pass through the press 10 cloves of garlic, add 0.5 liters of olive oil. Leave to infuse for 1 week in the refrigerator. Prepared oil is useful to fill vegetable salads.
During treatment, women should not forget to maintain themselves in good physical condition. Regular exercise will help prevent the emergence of excess weight. In addition, the activity of muscle tissue helps to eliminate cholesterol blockades.
In order to maintain the cholesterol index is normal, women should adhere to such rules:
- avoid stress and emotional strain;
- forever part with addictions;
- ши Cши д C C C Cши Cши Cши д C C C C Cши C C C C Cши C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C Cши C C C C C Cши C C C Cшиши C C C C Cши C C C C
- to control the level of arterial pressure.
The decrease or increase in cholesterol in a woman's blood has a negative impact on her health. Therefore, it is required to regularly take a blood test, which will help to detect abnormalities in a timely manner.