Every conscientious parent carefully monitors the health of his child. Ulcers in the child's tongue make themselves felt at the time of eating. Therefore, it is not so difficult to detect them. Painful sensations make children capricious, often cry, refuse to eat. Visually they are easy to see - ulcers appear as rashes with a white bloom.
- Causes and types of ulcers in the tongue
- Treatment of the disease
- Home Treatment
- Chicken Egg and Milk
- Lemon and soda
- Prevention of ulcers in the language of children
We treat an ulcer in the language as soon as possible Learn about the causes and treatment of ulcers in adults Symptoms of aphthous stomatitis and its treatment How to remove a toothache during pregnancy Stomatitis in the language of adults: effective treatment
Causes and types of ulcers in the tongue
The healthy language of the child has a uniform pink color without any rashes. During the occurrence of various inflammations and infectious diseases the language changes color and becomes bloom. The cause of the occurrence can be determined depending on the nature of ulcers on this organ. What are ulcers in children?
- Red ulcers. Data of education in the language of the child indicate an infectious disease or inflammatory process in the body. Most often it is a stomatitis. Often, the formation of red color is an allergic reaction to a certain stimulus. During this period, the child is concerned about severe pain in the mouth, excessive salivation and increased body temperature.
- White sores and plaque. In children under 1 year, this manifestation indicates a disease such as thrush. It occurs as a result of the use of antibiotics, as well as in cases of disorders of the immune system. In no case can you remove the white coating yourself, since such a procedure is fraught with injury to the body.
- Purulent ulcers. They appear in children due to stomatitis. The disease is accompanied by an unpleasant odor from the mouth. First of all, stomatitis occurs in children due to non-compliance with oral hygiene. If it is a very small child, then he pulls all the items in his mouth. There are situations in which the cause of the appearance of ulcers in the tongue is a thermal burn. Therefore, children should be kept in an inaccessible place.
- Ulcer under the tongue and on the tip. Such wounds occur as a result of exposure to the tongue by teeth. Children often talk while eating, which can cause ulcers.
- Ulcers in the tongue and lips. They indicate a lack of vitamins in the child's body. May also appear dry lips and skin around the mouth.
Often with dysbiosis in children appears on the tongue of an ulcer. This is a sign that there are the same injuries in the intestines as well. Treatment should be directed to getting rid of dysbacteriosis urgently.
Important to remember!When there are no typical formations in the language of the child, you should consult a doctor! Perhaps, there are no serious violations in the body, but the right treatment will help to avoid unpleasant consequences.
Treatment of the disease
How to treat the disease? The doctor-dentist deals with the ulcers in the language of the child. He prescribes a treatment regimen that is required to be carried out at home. Despite the fact that the causes of the disease are diverse, there are standard methods of getting rid of ulcers:
- Admission of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Their action is aimed at relieving pain in the mouth, and they will help reduce the elevated body temperature, if any. You can take such drugs as Paracetamol, Ibuprofen and drugs with a similar composition.
- After eating, you need to treat the mouth with various antiseptic solutions. Most often, Miramistin, Chlorhexidine, Furacilin, and their analogs are used for this.
- Children after 3 years can use topical preparations such as Dentol, Metrogil dental, Solcoseryl and others. To do this, it is sufficient to treat the cleaned oral cavity with these preparations using a cotton swab.
- Compliance with a special diet, in which it is necessary to exclude from the diet irritating the mouth cavity products: sharp, acidic salty, excessively hot dishes. With particularly severe lesions of the tongue, the child should be provided with the consistency of liquid mashed potatoes, necessarily in a warm form.
- Do not use grease to treat ulcers in the tongue. This can cause additional pain and aggravate the degree of injury.
Important to remember!In addition, that the treatment should be directed to the elimination of wounds in the oral cavity, you need to get rid of the cause of their appearance!
In addition to traditional medicines, ulcers in the tongue can be treated with the help of traditional medicine recipes. Ingredients from which drugs are prepared at home, have a natural basis and have antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Therefore harm to the child at any age will not bring. It is important only to take into account the individual intolerance of certain components that are used to make medicines. There are a number of recipes that can cope with this ailment.
For cooking, 2 tbsp. l. leaves of this plant, which should be filled with 1 glass of boiling water. Put on a slow fire and cook for about 10 minutes. Then strain. The cooled decoction is used to rinse the mouth after eating.
You should take a fresh yarrow and extract juice from it. Add honey in a 1: 1 ratio. Stir well, use inside for 4 hours. l. 1 per day. This drug has an anti-inflammatory effect.
Chicken Egg and Milk
It will take 100 ml of milk, 1 egg yolk and 1 tbsp. l. honey. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Use to treat the tongue, palate and inner surface of the cheeks. To do this, use a cotton swab.
Lemon and soda
Squeeze out the juice from half a lemon, add baking soda at the tip of the knife and 1 hour. l. honey and water. Mix all the ingredients well until smooth. The prepared mixture should be smeared affected areas 2 times a day.
It should take 50 g of elecampane, pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Infuse 1 hour. Then rinse with such a device mouth cavity 2 times a day. This medicine is suitable as an antiseptic.
This plant has antibacterial properties. It will take 1 hour to prepare the broth. l. dry plant flowers. Brew 1 glass of boiling water. Leave to stand for about 2 hours, strain and add 1 hour. l. honey. Use to rinse your mouth 4 times a day. As the main component, you can use green tea, dried linden leaves, elecampane.
It will take a crushed burdock root and chicory leaves in a 2: 1 ratio. Pour 2 glasses of water, put on a slow fire for about 40 minutes. After the time has elapsed, let the broth persist for another hour. Cook the decoction and chill the mouth after each meal.
Potato tuber is required to grate, squeeze out excess liquid. The resulting gruel should be applied to the affected area for 5 minutes. The procedure should be repeated 2 times a day.
Take 1 clove of chopped garlic, add 1 tbsp. l. yogurt. Mix thoroughly until smooth. Treat wound in the oral cavity 2 times a day. If there is a burning sensation in the affected areas, then you should rinse your mouth well after the procedure.
In simple ways you can get rid of ulcers in the language. Only for the effectiveness of such drugs, their regular application is required.
Important to remember!Before using self-prepared products, you should consult a specialist! And also take into account the possibility of the appearance of allergic reactions to certain ingredients due to individual intolerance.
Prevention of ulcers in the language of children
Preventative measures are not difficult to implement. It is necessary to adhere to such elementary rules:
- monitor the child's regular performance of elementary rules of oral hygiene;
- support the immune system of children by taking vitamins, exercise, day regimen;
- to ensure that the child does not pull into his mouth foreign objects and chemical liquids;
- control the appearance of allergic reactions and prevent their development.
Of course, mouth sores are not a fatal disease. But it brings a lot of uncomfortable sensations to the child. Therefore, the task of each parent is to protect the child from the appearance of such wounds and to provide high-quality treatment on time, if the disease has already appeared.