Horse sorrel is a perennial plant of the buckwheat family.
In the people it is also called an acidic frog, thick sorrel, horse sorrel.
There are about two hundred species of this herb, but edible are considered only two varieties - sorrel horse and sorrel sour.
Summary of the article:
- Summary of the article:
- Chemical composition
- Useful properties
- When and how to assemble
- Contraindications for use
- Traditional medicine recipes
This plant is especially common in Eurasia where it is found in many countries.
In Russia and CIS countries, sorrel grows almost everywhere, except in the Far North.
Grass prefers moderately wet or moist soils, sorrel can be found in forests, steppes, armholes of rivers, on meadows.
For the first time, sorrel was appreciated in the 12th century, it appeared on the tables of French kings, high-ranking bourgeois.
Culinary specialists learned to cook oxalic soup( it is often called "green borsch"), made a stuffing for pies and pies from the plant, added to salads and pancakes.
Horse sorrel has liked many people for its specific taste qualities( the plant gives acidity to the dishes).
It is successfully used in folk medicine, since sorrel has many useful properties.
Do you know that coriander and coriander are the same? What is the difference in a useful article.
About useful properties and the correct use of sorrel by children is written on this page.
Chemical composition of
The plant includes a large number of useful trace elements and vitamins. These include the following:
- minerals: potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, sodium;
- organic acids, represented by coffee, lemon, oxalic, malic acid;
- vitamins B, A, PP, E, C;
- tanning agents;
- ascorbic acid.
The chemical composition of sorrel is similar to that of rhubarb.
Useful properties of
1. Horse sorrel helps to treat cholecystitis, improves liver function.
The leaves of the plant are rich in chrysofanoic acid.
It stimulates the work of liver cells, accelerates the production of bile.
2. The plant successfully fights skin diseases:
Skin covers need to be treated with sorrel juice, it speeds up the healing of ulcers and helps to dissolve boils.
3. Horse sorrel improves the functioning of the intestines.
Chryphonic acid struggles with constipation, and at the same time, the tannins that make up the herb will help get rid of diarrhea.
4. Sorrel leaves help to stop bleeding.
In case of external wounds, they must be applied to the injured place.
In case of internal bleeding, it is necessary to take decoctions of horse sorrel.
5. The plant has a beneficial effect on the body during menstrual cycles and menopause.
Broth from sorrel is recommended to take a few days before menstruation, it relieves soreness.
Grass lowers nervousness during menopause.
6. Horse sorrel - an excellent anthelmintic( how to get rid of parasites at home), he, like wormwood( medicinal properties), expels most of the known parasites from the body.
7. The plant is used to prevent hypovitaminosis.
Horse sorrel warns of vitamin deficiency.
8. Grass helps with the disease of the mucous membranes of the mouth and nasopharynx, this is achieved due to the anti-inflammatory properties of horse sorrel.
And what do you know about the medicinal properties of black elderberries? The recommendations of traditional medicine read in the current article.
About useful properties and contraindications of anise seeds is written here.
On the page: http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva / lekarstvennye-rasteniya / gartsiniya.html there is an instruction on the application of Garcinia Cambodian.
When and how to assemble
In order for the horse sorrel to retain its useful properties, it must be properly prepared.
It is customary to harvest leaves and shoots in spring, in April-May. The roots are harvested in the autumn, when the plant is already dying off.
Horse sorrel can be dried under the sun or in the shade, it does not affect the preservation of medicinal properties of the plant.
Sliced. It is necessary to lay out on thin plywood, sometimes to turn it. This will help to avoid rotting the leaves.
Readiness is defined as follows - if the sorrel leaf breaks with a bang, then the plant is already ready.
Dry sorrel is stored in dry and sealed containers( glass jars are ideal).
Contraindications to the use of
Despite useful properties, horse sorrel has a number of limitations. It can not be used by the following groups of people:
- to pregnant women;
- to people with impaired renal function,
- for people suffering from gastritis, peptic ulcer and other diseases of the digestive system.
Young children should be given horse sorrel in small quantities.
Traditional medicine recipes
1. A strong broth of horse sorrel is used to treat constipation .
Take seven spoons of dried root, pour them with five glasses of water, boil for a quarter of an hour.
Strain the resulting infusion.
Drink on a spoon every three hours.
Use until defecation passes.
2. Spirituous tincture of horse sorrel will save from rheumatism.
To prepare it you need twenty grams of dry rhizome and 15 milliliters of vodka.
Insist in a dark bottle for 10 days, periodically, shaking the contents.
Ready tincture must be filtered.
Dosage of : twenty drops a few minutes before meals.
3. Horse sorrel is known for its ability to purify blood.
The broth is prepared by quite simply:
- pour one tablespoon of the crushed plant with two glasses of water,
- boil for ten minutes,
- for an hour.
Dosage of : Take four times a day, a quarter cup. Drink the broth for fifteen minutes before eating, before use do not forget to strain.
4. To treat the sores of and boils, squeeze juice from the sorrel leaves and, from time to time, lubricate the affected areas.
5. Horse sorrel successfully fights diathesis.
To achieve maximum effect, you need to take a bath with the addition of a plant.
The calculation is quite simple: 100 grams of dry plant per 15 liters of water.
Horse sorrel helps in the fight against many diseases. The plant improves the activity of the intestines, gently eliminates constipation.
Normalizes the work of the liver, increasing the production of bile. The herb cleanses the blood, removes many parasites from the body. Helps women with menopause and painful menstruation.
The author of the video claims that horse sorrel is the food of the Gods.