Many people with age cease to attach importance pain symptoms in the heart, considering them a natural manifestation of aging.
Meanwhile, these signs can talk about the development of ischemic disease, which is one of the leading causes of death worldwide. How to recognize the terrible symptoms? And most importantly, what causes heart disease?
- 1 About the disease
- 2 What causes
- 3 Risk groups
- 4 Complications of IHD
- 5 Prophylaxis of ischemia
disease Ischemic illness is called functional or organic changes in the heart muscle of , leading to the restriction or complete cessation of blood flow to individual sites.
The heart muscle of most other organs suffers from a deficiency in incoming blood. This is due to the isolation of the heart by the inner membrane - the
The main causes of coronary heart disease and the emergence of its first signs:
- development of atherosclerosis, narrowing the lumen of blood vessels due to cholesterol plaques;
- thrombosis of feeding vessel;
- prolonged spasm caused by violation of nervous regulation;
- defective functioning of the mechanisms that extend the arteries;
- metabolic changes.
There are a lot of reasons that can cause the development of pathology:
- high rates of harmful lipids in the blood, which we get mainly from animal products;
- arterial hypertension( the upper pressure indicator from 140 can be called a harbinger of the disease);
- sedentary lifestyle;
- obesity, significantly increasing the burden on the heart;
- diabetes mellitus( it is proved that in patients with diabetes more than ten years in most cases, developing coronary artery disease);
- smoking, leading to chronic vasoconstriction and oxygen deficiency in the blood;
- alcohol abuse;
- excessive physical activity;
- constant stress, leading to increased pressure;
- increased blood clotting, which causes the formation of thrombi.
In the development of IHD, factors play a big role, we can not change them. In the group of high risk of occurrence of ischemia, those who have the following characteristics correspond:
- Male floor .Before reaching old age, men have a much greater chance of developing ischemia than women. This is due to the high level of estrogen in the female body, which resist atherosclerotic changes. After the onset of menopause, the difference in the incidence of the disease disappears.
- Hereditary predisposition of .It has long been known that when diagnosing cases of ischemia in the family, the risk of developing pathology in other family members is significantly increased.
- The elderly age of .In men, the critical age occurs after age 55, for women, a sharp increase in the number of people affected after age 65 is characteristic.
- Prolonged intake of hormonal drugs .Contraceptives increase the risk of blood clots in the blood, so with years of admission significantly increases the frequency of thrombosis.
Complications of IHD
Statistics suggests that even with a half-narrowed heart vessel a person may not feel signs of cardiac pathology. Pain in the chest can manifest only in moments of increased physical exertion and quickly pass in a calm state.
Such mild symptoms and lack of timely therapy of may lead to the progression of the disease or its transition into acute form:
- chronic heart failure;
- arrhythmia of the heart;
- myocardial necrosis;
- sudden death.
The prognosis largely depends on the severity of the disease - with myocardial infarction, mortality is much higher than with angina pectoris. At the same time, cases are frequent when a disease that worries a person a little, sharply exacerbates .Lethal outcome with a small lesion of the arteries of the heart accounts for more than half of the sudden deaths caused by ischemic heart disease.
Prophylaxis of ischemia
Prevention of disease can only be achieved by with an integrated approach and cardinal lifestyle change .These preventive measures are shown not only to those who have been diagnosed with ischemia but also to those who are at risk.
If you have several factors that can trigger the development of pathology, prophylaxis is a mandatory measure for you:
- give up nicotine, which promotes the formation of blood clots and plaques;
- reduce alcohol consumption;
- get rid of extra pounds, increasing the burden on all body systems;
- reduce the intake of animal products, in large quantities containing cholesterol;
- increase the intake of potassium and magnesium - minerals vital for the full functioning of the heart muscle;
- increase the exercise required to strengthen the heart muscle;
- Avoid stress causing sudden blood pressure jumps;
- can resort to the treatment of coronary heart disease folk remedies, but only with the permission of the doctor;
- is observed at the cardiologist for recognition of abnormalities at the initial stage.
If you have an ischemic heart disease, do not forget that the diagnosis is not yet a final verdict. Elimination of adverse factors, causes and management of IHD symptoms will help prevent dangerous consequences. Check with a specialist: after all, the sooner begin treatment, the better the result will be.