The ingrown nail is an unpleasant problem, which must be eliminated, as a purulent inflammatory process and other serious consequences may occur. The nail grows on the leg: what to do, what can lead to this condition and how to prevent the ingrowth of the nail again.
- What should I do if a finger grows on my toe?
- Folk remedies
- What if the nail grows into a finger on the leg and fester?
Quickly get rid of an ingrown toenail on the big toe Methods of how to remove an ingrown nail Herpes in the Intimate Zone: Proper Treatment List of creams from couperose on face What and how to treat pediculosis at home
The ingrown toenail is not only a cosmetic defect, it is a serious enough condition that can lead to complications. If signs of ingrowing nails appear, it is advisable to immediately consult a specialist, the sooner this happens, the faster and easier the treatment will be.
Growing nails often cause a lot of inconvenience. It can cause quite strong pain, it becomes inconvenient to wear even the usual shoes. In most cases, edema develops, an inflammatory process occurs which, in a neglected stage, can lead to infection of the blood, there is a risk of being left without a finger.
The reasons for which the nail can grow, a lot. Most of them depend solely on the actions of the person himself. Usually the nail on the leg grows into the skin due to the following factors:
- Improper nail care. If the nails are not cut correctly, when sharp edges remain after it, with a poor pedicure, the probability of growing the nail plate increases. This is the most common cause of this problem.
- Too tight uncomfortable shoes. Finging your fingers can lead to ingrown nail plate, usually on the thumb or little finger. Wrong shoes are often found in combination with improper nail care.
- Various deformities of the foot, congenital or acquired. With deformities, the development of flat feet, the load on the fingers and the foot as a whole can be distributed incorrectly, which leads to similar problems.
- Injury of fingers. With injuries of a different nature, bruises, fractures, and others, deformation, swelling, and circulatory disorders that can lead to ingrowth of the nail plate may occur.
Important! In some people with a congenital irregular shape of the foot, the likelihood of an ingrown nail may also be increased, but this reason is not so common.
These are the main causes of ingrown nails to avoid the occurrence of this condition, it is enough to take care of the feet properly, to treat injuries and other leg diseases in a timely manner, to select suitable footwear that will not squeeze the fingers. However, if the ingrowth has already occurred, it is important to know how to get rid of it and what can be done at home?
What should I do if a finger grows on my toe?
At the initial stages, you can try to cope with this state yourself. At the beginning, the pain is usually poorly expressed, occurs only when pressing on the finger, there is no edema, there may be a slight reddening of the skin of the finger. If the inflammation does not develop, the measures can be taken independently.
- First of all, when growing the nail plate, you need to give up narrow shoes, until your finger completely heals, you need to wear the most spacious and comfortable shoes.
- The affected finger should never be squeezed in order not to aggravate the condition, it is also advisable to change socks every day, not to wear one pair without washing for more than a day.
- If the nail plate is not deep in the skin, it is worth trying to steam it off and gently cut it off. Doing this is only if the inflammatory process does not develop, the nail only begins to grow.
Important! Do not re-bandage the affected finger, this can provoke the development of the inflammatory process.
At home, you need to make a hot bath based on sea salt or soda, a small basin of hot water takes one tablespoon of the substance. You can also add a solution of chlorhexidine, manganese or furacilin to water. The top of the towel should be covered with a towel. The leg should be kept for 15-20 minutes, then wipe dry.
If the nail plate enters the skin is shallow, after a similar procedure, it must go away on its own. It must be cut off, in order to avoid relapse of the disease, the sharp edge of the nail should be sharpened with a nail file.
On the place of ingrowth, an antibacterial ointment should be applied, for example, Levomycetin or its analogues. If there are signs of an inflammatory process, it is better to use Levomecol.
Treating the leg with ointment is desirable for several days after removing the ingrown nail plate to prevent relapse of the disease.
Important! It is necessary to achieve complete recovery, so that swelling, redness and other signs that indicate the possible occurrence of an inflammatory process disappeared.
A tray can also be made on the basis of medicinal plants, although experts sometimes say that they are less effective. For the preparation of trays, you can use infusion of chamomile, St. John's wort, eucalyptus leaves, celandine, a suitable plant can be chosen independently.
- To prepare the infusion, take one tablespoon of dried herb for a small amount of hot water, insist for 20 - 30 minutes in a tightly closed container, then strain.
- Ready infusion should be mixed with hot clean water, soar your feet 15 - 20 minutes.
It is worth noting that in this case, the likelihood of an allergic reaction to treatment is increased.
What if the nail grows into a finger on the leg and fester?
Isolation of purulent exudate indicates the development of an intensive inflammatory process. In this case, there is a strong swelling, redness of the skin, the temperature can locally increase, sometimes there is a strong pain syndrome. In the case of the development of extensive inflammation, you must always consult a doctor, conservative treatment does not help. In this case, a fairly simple operation is performed, during which the ingrown nail plate is removed, the source is removed and the inflammation focus is sanitized.
If you immediately call a doctor is not possible, you can remove the inflammatory process at home. To relieve pain, you can use a solution of lidocaine, it is applied to a cotton disc, which is carefully fixed on the finger with a patch. To tie a finger while not worth it.
Also allowed baths with salt, soda, chlorhexidine. From ointments you can use Levomekol and Vishnevsky balm. Balsam Vishnevsky is preferable, he acts much more actively. If the inflammatory process disappears, you should still contact your doctor - a surgeon. With deep ingrowth, there is always a chance of a relapse, the nail plate must be removed promptly.