Low pressure in medical practice is commonly referred to as " hypotension ", in which the patient under observation has decreased blood pressure.
Blood pressure in medicine is usually measured with a tonometer. The units of measurement are expressed in millimeters of mercury. Thus, the upper and lower limits of blood pressure( BP) are fixed.
Blood pressure values of 120 to 80( systolic and diastolic) in most young adults are accepted as norm. However, it is necessary to take into account still possible individual BP figures from a single person.
Here the norm can be calculated by observing the patient for some time, it may happen that the norm can be 90 and 60 if the person is cheerful, feels active and healthy, and you keep the blood pressure during the month the same. Such individuals do not hurry to raise the pressure to 120 to 80. They may become ill from bringing to the average statistical rate.
About hypotension, low blood pressure, you can talk when, at low pressure figures, there will be additional characteristic symptoms and signs of ill health, which we will talk about below. Then we'll look at what you can do with low and low pressure at home.
Low blood pressure: symptoms and signs
When the blood pressure has dropped, and even more sharply dropped, the following symptoms are observed in humans:
- in the temple area there is a throbbing headache that spreads in the head. The patient is worried about the constant soreness in the forehead area, which has a dull character.
- Nausea, vomiting may occur.
- Often the headache.
- Magnetic storms worsen the state of health. The same state is also manifested with a sharp change in weather.
- Hypotonics quickly get tired, they are troubled by weakness, at the end of the day, significantly reduced performance.
- The head is often dizzy. If a person stands up sharply, his eyes darken. In severe cases, fainting occurs.
- Deteriores concentration of attention, a person becomes distracted.
- As a result of a slower blood flow, the overall activity of the body decreases. Hypotonics are more likely to be depressed, emotionally unstable. They have sharp mood swings, bouts of irritability.
- Sometimes there are painful sensations in the chest area - the heart, accompanied by a frequent pulse, not always associated with physical or nervous strain.
- Hypotonics often yawn, may feel a lack of air when inhaled.
- They are concerned about the numbness of the limbs, there is a cold snap of hands and feet.
What can and can not be done with low blood pressure at home
Hypotension is a serious disease. And the methods of treatment of low blood pressure are much less developed than high. With all of the following, we recommend that you consult a physician-therapist to prescribe treatment and harmonize the proposed home remedies with folk remedies.
It is forbidden for future mothers to use medicines at low pressure, especially without consulting a doctor. Some medications not only help increase blood pressure, but also are fraught with a toning effect on the muscles, which can lead to miscarriages and termination of pregnancy.
Simple, you can advise: drink a cup of black tea with the addition of sugar and lemon, eat a few leaves of fresh greens. The use of a glass of tomato juice is useful not only for low blood pressure, but also for lactation.
If you are worried about a headache, take salted cucumbers, tomatoes, watermelons, a piece of fish.
Make the right mode of the day, adjust the power, making it full and balanced. Do not forget about the full rest, regularly take walks in the fresh air, especially at bedtime, including after the birth, with the start of breastfeeding.
If there are no contraindications, sign up for aqua aerobics courses or exercise.
At low pressure, any exercises( circular, oscillating, etc.) for the hands performed in the position of the arms at the shoulder level and above, above the head are good. They quickly increase the pressure!
At low pressure, sleep should be at least 8 hours per day. If you relax less, the body will not have time to get rid of the accumulated stresses during the day.
Do not eat heavy meals on the day of training. Before the session, the last meal should be no later than one and a half hours. If during a workout a high pulse is observed, worried about dizziness, eat a chocolate bar that will fill the lost energy.
Be sure to do the workout, the load will be transferred easier. Do not resort to taking medications and tonic drinks.
Restore the regime of rest and work, regularly be outdoors, sleep for at least 8 hours, otherwise the body can not get a full rest.
Many girls are interested in the question of what to do with low low pressure, if menstruation has begun? It is worth changing your diet and eating divided into 6 portions. At low pressure, it is allowed to consume caffeine, however, in small amounts. Do not take pills, so as not to worsen your condition. Drugs under reduced pressure can be used only after the doctor's recommendation.
Hypotension in adolescents: what to do
If the child has a low diastolic pressure( lower limit), accompanied by a rapid pulse, breathing exercises can be performed to normalize the condition. The pressure indicators will come back to normal due to the increase in the blood level of oxygen.
It's important to learn how to breathe properly in the lower type - the belly. The age of the patient directly affects the treatment and medication with low pressure in adolescents can prescribe only the doctor, after establishing the cause that triggered this phenomenon.
With diabetes mellitus
It is often not necessary to measure blood pressure, there will be no benefit from it, but there is a chance to worsen the condition.
With a sharp drop in blood pressure, lie down and lift your legs, placing them above the head. This will improve the flow of blood to the brain. Then massage the neck around the carotid artery, apply a cold compress to the forehead. These measures are enough to increase the low pressure. If there is no improvement in well-being, call for an ambulance.
Low blood pressure in hypertension: treatment at home
Contact your local GP!In the treatment of low blood pressure in hypertension, it is necessary to establish precisely the causes of the pressure drop( suddenly you were prescribed too strong medications that lower the pressure), which provoked the phenomenon.
Contrast douche as the first help
With its help blood circulation improves, pores are cleared( the skin starts to breathe!).Such a shower( a combination of cold and tolerably hot water flow) helps with a hangover, regains tone to the body, promotes excellent immunity strengthening, trains blood vessels, normalizes metabolism.
At low pressure, it is difficult to tear yourself away from the pillow in the mornings, and the contrast shower can be used as a safe and effective remedy. This procedure quickly brings the entire body into working condition.
At low pressure it is recommended to take a contrast shower, both in the morning and in the evening.
You should definitely drink fresh strong green tea, coffee. These drinks are irreplaceable at low pressure. Benefits bring green, not black tea, because its composition includes more substances that have a tonic effect on the walls of blood vessels. Although it's up to you and taste.
Add to the diet hot chili, turmeric, cinnamon. These spices help to accelerate the movement of blood, have a tonic and warming effect, which helps with low pressure.
When hypotension is effective use of salted nuts, fatty foods, bread with herbs and salt, sandwiches with red fish, coffee in Turkish with salt.
At low pressure, chips are not recommended.
Folk home recipes at home
Under reduced pressure, improve the condition of folk remedies. Here are the recipes:
- Tincture immortelle .Take the powder immortelle 100 g and poured 1 tbsp.of vodka. The composition is left for exactly 4 days, then filtered. The drug is taken at a low pressure 3 times a day for 1 tbsp.l.before the start of the meal.
- Tincture of roots of aralia .It is necessary to take 1 tbsp.l.crushed roots of aralia and pour 5 tbsp.l.alcohol( 70%).The mixture is infused in a dark place for a week. After this time, the tool is filtered. At low pressure, the drug is taken before meals 30 drops, 2 times a day.
- Vodka tincture of ginseng root .Half a glass of vodka is poured into 1 tsp.crushed ginseng root. The mixture is left in a dark place for 10 days. If hypotension is often worried, it is necessary to take a remedy for half an hour before a meal for 1 tsp.
- tincture of radiant pink on vodka. Take the roots of the plant, slightly dried, but not under direct sunlight. Then the raw material is crushed and poured with vodka. Components are taken in the ratio 1:10.Tincture is taken at a low pressure 2 times a day for 10 drops.
Folk remedies at home
Hypotonia , or arterial hypotension is characterized by a steady decrease in blood pressure, below 100/60 mm Hg. Art. Hypotension often manifests itself at a young age, it can occur under the influence of acute and chronic infections, allergies, physical and psychoemotional stress. Chronic hypotension can be a symptom of various diseases. Symptoms of .Lethargy, apathy, weakness, headache, memory impairment, lack of air at rest, shortness of breath, menstrual irregularities in women and sexual function in men.
- Pour 10 grams of immortelle flowers 1 glass of steep boiling water. Insist. Take 20-30 drops 2 times a day on an empty stomach before breakfast and lunch 30 minutes before eating.
- Pour 20 g of dry flower baskets and prickly leaves of a prickly thug 1 glass of water. Boil 10 minutes on low heat, insist, wrapped, 30 minutes, strain. Take 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day to raise the tone and increase blood pressure.
- Pour 1 teaspoon ground rhodiola root pink 1 liter water, boil 10 minutes, infuse for 10 minutes. Take 2-3 glasses a day. Decoction is indicated for hypotension, which has arisen on the basis of overwork.
- Rhodiola rosea extract is prescribed internally for 5-10 drops 2-3 times a day for 30 minutes before meals for 10-20 days.
- Pour 1 tablespoon chopped fresh leaves of hare cabbage 1 cup boiling water, insist 4 hours, drain. Take 1-2 tablespoons infusion 3-4 times a day for 30 minutes before meals.
- 1 tablespoon of thistle leaf pour 1 cup boiling water, insist until cooled, strain. Drink 0.5 glasses 3-4 times a day. You can also take fresh juice from the leaves for 1 teaspoon per day.
- Alcoholic tincture of Chinese magnolia vine fruit is prepared in a ratio of 1:10.Take 35-40 drops per 1 tablespoon of water 2 times a day before meals. You can make juice from freshly picked fruits. Take 1 teaspoon per 1 glass of tea 2-3 times a day, adding honey to taste.
- Root of Manchu aralia to insist on 70-degree alcohol( 1: 5).Take 30-40 drops 3-4 times a day.
- Take 10 parts of the prickly-grass of the prickly pear, 6 parts of the cinnamon briar, 4 parts of the birch leaf, Veronica herbs, the fruit of the pomace vulgaris, dandelion root, 2 pieces of wild strawberry leaf, hyssop herb, herb dioecious,black, grass horsetail field, 1 part leaf peppermint and rootstocks with the roots of elecampane high.2-3 tablespoons collection( depending on the weight of the patient) pour in the evening in a thermos and pour 0.5 liters of steep boiling water. The next day, drink all the infusion in 3 doses warm for 20-40 minutes before eating.
- Take 1 part of rhizome of ayr marsh, juniper fruit, 2 parts of Veronica officinalis, leaf of wild strawberry, chicory flowers, 4 parts of herb rue fragrant, yarrow herb, cinnamon roseberry, medicinal root, 14 parts of St. John's wortperforated.2-3 tablespoons collection( depending on the weight of the patient) pour in the evening in a thermos and pour 0.5 liters of steep boiling water. The next day, drink all the infusion in 3 doses warm for 20-40 minutes before eating.
- Take 1 part of the rhizome with the roots of elecampane high, 2 parts of Bud Bud, a large plantain leaf, yarrow grass, 4 parts of wild strawberry fruit, nettle grass, cropland grass, cinnamon briar white, 14 partsherbs of a prickly thug.2-3 tablespoons of the collection( depending on the weight of the patient) pour in the evening in thermae and pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. The next day, drink all the infusion in 3 doses warm for 20-40 minutes before eating.
- Take 1 part of the root of the aura of the marsh, 2 parts of the grass of Veronica officinalis, rhizomes with the roots of elecampane high, the herb of the angustifolia, the leaf of peppermint, the herb of rue fragrant, 4 parts of the fruit of the ordinary mongrel, 6 parts of the cinnamon briar, 10 parts of St. John's wortperforated and herbs of the prickly Tartar.2-3 tablespoons collection( depending on the weight of the patient) pour in the evening in a thermos and pour 0.5 liters of steep boiling water. The next day, drink all the infusion in 3 doses warm for 20-40 minutes before eating.
What to do if low blood pressure and headache
Very often, hypotension is accompanied by unpleasant symptoms. The patient experiences severe pain in the head, migraine may not last several days. Low pressure is accompanied by a feeling of weakness, a sharp decrease in immunity, so you need to properly treat. To get rid of the headache, you can use folk remedies and modern medications. Look at the video recommendations on how to remove unpleasant signs of low blood pressure.
Source of publication:
- video related to the topic,
- site article ,
- Travnik: golden recipes of folk medicine / Comp. A. Markov.- M.: Eksmo;The Forum, 2007. - 928 p.