1How correctly to eat at an osteoarthritis of joints?
- 1.1The use of diet in diseases of joints
- 1.2Helpful Tips
- 2.1Forms of osteoarthritis:
- 2.2Types of osteoarthritis:
- 2.3The causes of osteoarthritis:
- 2.4Risk group:
- 2.5Stages of osteoarthritis:
- 2.6Symptoms of ostearthrosis:
- 2.7Traditional medicine for osteoarthritis
3Diet (nutrition) with osteoarthritis of knee joints
- 3.1How food is associated with osteoarthritis
- 3.2Weight control - how important it is
- 3.3How useful is vitamin C
- 3.4Vitamin D - why he needs it
- 3.5The role of beta-carotene
4Proper nutrition with osteoarthritis and osteochondrosis
- 4.1Principles of nutrition in osteoarthritis and osteochondrosis
- 4.2Diet for osteoarthritis
- 4.3Diet for osteochondrosis
5The right diet for osteoarthritis - treatment on your plate
- 5.1Is the food really able to help?
- 5.2Importance of weight loss
- 5.3Vitamin C
- 5.6Let's sum up the results
6Diet for osteoarthritis | RevMaKlinik
- 6.1How to lose weight?
- 6.2Food allergy
- 6.3Influence of food on the inflammatory process
- 6.4Herbal components with medicinal properties
- 6.5Cold (jelly) is ineffective in osteoarthritis
- 6.6Gelatin for joints. Recipe
How correctly to eat at an osteoarthritis of joints?
Diet for joint osteoarthritis is an integral part of the treatment. The diet should be balanced, it must include a variety of foods that contain vitamins and minerals.
The amount of nutrients required by the body must flow with food. Deforming osteoarthritis of the ankle or hip joint often occurs against the background of obesity, which is why the diet is aimed at getting rid of excess kilograms.
The weight of the majority of patients suffering from joint pain significantly exceeds the norm.
Proper nutrition facilitates the general condition, losing weight helps to relieve the musculoskeletal system. However, you need to make a balanced diet, the body should receive a normal amount of nutrients and vitamins.
When observing low-calorie diets and treating hunger, one must be especially careful. This should not contribute to a sharp slimming, which is dangerous to health.
Especially carefully, the diet should be selected by women who entered the menopause, associated with a high risk of osteoporosis. Washing out the body of potassium promotes the appearance of pathologies of the cardiovascular system and kidneys.
Therefore, deciding to start treatment of osteoarthritis with a diet, the patient should consult a doctor. This is especially true for people who have comorbidities.
The use of diet in diseases of joints
Nutrition for osteoarthritis of the knee joint implies the rejection of certain products in favor of others. The most important proteins are involved in the construction of new cells, especially in the regeneration of cartilaginous tissues, which protect the joint surfaces.
The diet should include dairy products, which are easily absorbed by the body. In addition, they contain an increased amount of calcium, which prevents the destruction of bones. Animal protein should come with sea fish and low-fat meat.
The source of vegetable is:
Useful for joint osteoarthritis are:
They contain collagen, used to build cartilage and bone tissue.
The substances contained in these products are considered natural chondroprotectors, which protect the joint components from destruction and contribute to their recovery.
Carbohydrates are converted into energy necessary for normal human activity and the course of metabolic processes. These substances can be simple or complex.
The first include carbohydrates, which enter the body with the use of confectionery and butter products. They are quickly absorbed, contributing to a sharp increase in the amount of energy. Its excess turns into fat deposits.
Vegetables and fruits contain complex carbohydrates, which are absorbed more slowly and do not stay in the body. This must be taken into account when making menus to people who want to lose weight.
Fats must necessarily enter the body. In their absence, metabolic processes slow down. Most of these substances must be of vegetable origin.
Diet with osteoarthritis of the knee allows the introduction of a butter in the diet. No less important in the human body are vitamins and minerals.
Vitamin B1 is contained in:
- whole grain bread;
B2 organism receives from:
- fermented milk products.
Vitamin B6 is a part of:
- chicken meat.
Folic acid comes with:
For normal functioning of the joints, glycosaminoglycans are required, which take part in the development of synovial fluid, which prevents friction of the bony surfaces.
This class includes hyaluronic acid, which increases the elasticity of connective tissues. Chondroitin sulfate, which is part of the majority of drugs used to treat arthrosis and arthritis, has a similar effect.
However, the body can get them when used:
- thick meat broth;
- of jellied fish.
There are several simple rules that allow you to eat right and do not feel hungry while dieting. You can not drink alcohol, exciting appetite.
Eat small meals 5-6 times a day. Food should be served in small plates. A person must thoroughly chew every piece, this contributes to the rapid onset of saturation.
The greatest amount of food should come into the body at lunchtime. Sitting at the table is necessary only when there is a feeling of hunger, from snacking should be discarded.
You can not overeat, after the appearance of a sense of satiety, the meal must be stopped.
Eating should be completed by rinsing the oral cavity. You can not go to bed immediately after eating, you need to slowly walk around. Is after 18 hours is not recommended. It is necessary to carefully monitor the work of the intestine, it must be emptied daily.
The deformity of the joint can not be eliminated by diet alone. However, proper nutrition enhances the effectiveness of therapeutic measures.
It allows you to get rid of excess weight, reduce the load on the affected joint, stop the process of destruction of cartilage and improve the overall condition of the body.
A source: https://OrtoCure.ru/kosti-i-sustavy/artroz/dieta-pri-osteoartroze.html
Osteoarthritis is a disease of the joints of chronic degenerative nature, in which the cartilage tissue of its surface is damaged.
This term combines a group of diseases in which the entire joint suffers (not only the joint cartilage, but also ligaments, capsule, periarticular muscles, synovial membrane and subchondral bone).
Forms of osteoarthritis:
- localized (one joint is damaged);
- generalized (polyostearosis) - the lesion has succumbed to several joints.
Types of osteoarthritis:
- primary (idiopathic) - the cause of the development of the disease can not be established;
- secondary - the cause of the appearance of osteoarthritis is clearly visible and revealed.
The causes of osteoarthritis:
The most common cause of this disease are various injuries. Second place in the frequency of cases is joint dysplasia (congenital changes in the joints).
In sufficient quantities, osteoarthritis provokes an inflammatory process that can occur against the background of autoimmune system diseases (a vivid example is rheumatoid arthritis), the disease can develop as a result of purulent inflammation of the joint (mainly, this process causes gonorrhea, tick-borne encephalitis, syphilis and staphylococcal infection).
- 1 genetic predisposition;
- 2 people over weight;
- 3 advanced age;
- 4 workers of a specific industry;
- 5Introduction in the functioning of the endocrine system;
- 6 lack of microelements in the body;
- 7 different diseases of bones and joints of acquired character;
- 8 Frequent hypothermia;
- 9) a bad ecological situation;
- 10 forward operations on the joints;
- Elevated physical activity.
Stages of osteoarthritis:
- the first (initial) - there is an inflammatory process and pain in the joint (changes in the synovial membrane because of which the joint can not withstand the load and its wear occurs with friction);
- the second - the destruction of cartilage of the joint and meniscus begins, osteophytes appear (marginal expansions of the bone);
- the third (the stage of severe arthrosis) - due to the pronounced deformation of the bone, the axis of the joint changes (the person begins to walk difficultly, the natural movements become limited).
Symptoms of ostearthrosis:
- 1хруст in joints;
- 2 articular pain after physical exertion (especially pain felt in the evening or at night);
- 3 so-called "starting" pain (occurs when the movement starts);
- 4periodic swelling in the area of the affected joint;
- 5 the appearance of build-up and nodules on the joints;
- 6 disorders of locomotor functions.
- lean meat (better eat more fatty fish);
- by-products (lamb, pork, beef kidneys);
- black, grain bread, bread with bran and all cereal products;
- jellies, chill (the main thing in their cooking is not to get rid of tendons and ligaments), jellied fish;
- jelly, jelly, jam, honey, jam, marmalade (necessarily home preparation);
- leaf plants (sorrel, pine, cabbage, carrot and beet tops);
- Legumes (beans, peas, soybeans, beans, lentils);
- dairy products, without fillers and with reduced fat content;
- root crops (rutabag, horseradish, carrots, turnips, beets).
These products contain mucopolysaccharides and collagen, which are necessary for the normal functioning of the joints. These substances are the building material for the joint and ligaments. They participate in the formation of synovial fluid, which lubricates the joint during movement.
Traditional medicine for osteoarthritis
To slow the progressive destruction of the joint and relieve the pain, it is necessary to drink broths of elderberry, willow bark, horsetail, juniper, calendula, shoots of wild rosemary, nettle, mint, violet, cowberry leaves, strawberry, hawthorn, St. John's wort, pine kidney, thyme, leaves of eucalyptus. You can combine them into fees.
Use as a bland ointment and mixture:
- 12 tablespoons of castor oil mixed with a tablespoon of turpentine turpentine (for the night spread the affected joint twice in 7 days);
- 2 mix honey, mustard powder, vegetable oil (take each component on a tablespoon), put on fire, heat and make from the resulting mixture a compress for 2 hours in a sore spot;
- 3Shake several pods of red pepper in a liter of vodka for 10 days, after this time, rub the diseased joints.
For general improvement and improvement of the joints in the case of osteoarthritis, 15-30 take a leisurely stroll on level ground, ride a bike or practice swimming.
In order to relieve the joints is extremely important:
- for the legs - exclude long standing in one position (squatting or standing), squatting, long running and walking (especially on uneven surfaces);
- when the joints of the hands are affected - you can not lift heavy, squeeze underwear, keep hands in the cold or use cold water;
- to be engaged on an exercise bike;
- wear the right shoes (it should be soft, loose, heel - no more than 3 centimeters);
- wear individually selected fasteners (always elastic);
- use means of additional support (if necessary).
- "Invisible" fat, which contains baked goods, chocolate, pies, sausages;
- rafinated sugar;
- "Hidden" sugar (it is present in sweet carbonated drinks, shop sauces, especially in ketchup);
- too salty, fatty dishes;
- fast food, products with additives, fillers, semi-finished products.
These products provoke a set of excess weight, which is extremely undesirable (excess weight adds to the load on the joints).
A source: https://edaplus.info/feeding-in-sickness/osteoarthritis.html
Diet (nutrition) with osteoarthritis of knee joints
Osteoarthrosis of the knee joint is a complex, chronic disease of the joints, in the treatment of which a crucial role is played by dietotherapy. American scientists conducted research and published the results in the English-language journal "Nutrition Research."
It is proved: if you regularly eat fresh vegetables, fruits and some other food, you can significantly reduce pain and stop the inflammatory process.
How food is associated with osteoarthritis
To understand how the diet works with osteoarthritis, one must first of all understand what is happening in the body with this disease.
If the body develops an inflammatory process, free radicals are released.
These are atypical molecules that damage and inhibit healthy cells. The joint cavity is covered with the synovial membrane.
With osteoarthritis of the knee, it becomes very vulnerable to the action of free radicals.
In a normal state, the synovial membrane serves as an additional shock absorber for the articular elements and protects, in case of infection of the bone and ligament, from the ingress of bacteria. If the shell cells begin to change and collapse, the following happens:
- The joint capsule becomes denser and thicker;
- The cartilage begins to crack;
- Osteophytes are formed - outgrowths on the joint bones.
As a consequence, a person first feels the stiffness of the knee joint, and then pain.
Free radicals have antagonists - substances that neutralize them. These are antioxidants.
Publications in numerous American scientific journals claim that some antioxidants can prevent the development of diseases such as arthritis and arthrosis.
And if they are already diagnosed - reduce the manifestation of symptoms, relieve pain and inflammation.
Weight control - how important it is
Extra pounds, especially in women, always adversely affect the metabolic processes in the body and increase the burden on the joints.
In addition, the hormonal background changes, and this factor also provokes the development of inflammation.
Obesity in osteoarthritis increases the symptoms and complicates the course of the disease.
Controlling your weight with the pathology of the knee joint is a necessary condition for successful treatment. What do you need to do for this?
- Avoid fast food and convenience foods. Cook better yourself, from fresh, natural products, watching the amount of fat, salt and sugar.
- Reduce portions, eat often, but little by little - this will help to avoid hunger attacks, drowsiness and irritability.
- To make life more active - to walk, not to go by public transport, to go in for sports, to perform daily at least a minimum set of exercises.
How useful is vitamin C
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant. With its deficiency, the cartilaginous tissue seriously suffers, losing its elasticity and strength.
And this inevitably leads to the development and worsening of the osteoarthritis of the knee joint, so the diet for osteoarthritis should take this into account.
Protect the body from lack of ascorbic acid and prevent joint disease can, if daily use:
- Kiwi and strawberries;
- Bulgarian pepper and onions;
- A variety of tropical fruits, melons;
- Potatoes and tomatoes;
- Cruciferous vegetables - broccoli, romanesque, cauliflower.
Virtually all forest and garden berries are rich in vitamin C.
Vitamin D - why he needs it
Research has shown that vitamin D protects cartilage from destruction. With a sufficient amount of this vitamin in the body, the risk of narrowing the interarticulate space is significantly reduced. To avoid its deficiency, you need to include in the diet:
- Seafood, including algae.
- In addition, vitaminized foods - milk, yoghurts, curds, juices, muesli.
The vitamin D is best absorbed together with fats - careful monitoring of their amount is needed.
The role of beta-carotene
Beta-carotene is a very powerful antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals even before they have had their negative effect on the joints.
Contained in fruits and vegetables that have a characteristic bright yellow or orange color.
These are apricots, carrots, pumpkins, as well as a variety of greens, spinach, broccoli, asparagus.
Omega 3 fatty acids
Omega 3 fatty acids are necessary for everyone who suffers from diseases of the knee joint. Products containing them inhibit the activity of enzymes that destroy joints and cartilages.
This is salmon, mackerel, anchovies, oysters, rainbow trout, herring, cod and its liver, caviar, as well as walnuts, sesame seeds and flax seeds. They can be replaced with oils made from the same nuts and seeds.
on a similar principle, food is prepared for gonarthrosis of the knee joints.
How do bioflavonoids work?
Quercetin is a modified antioxidant. It acts as a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, for example, ibuprofen. That is, relieves pain and stops the inflammatory process.
How to properly season food
Fresh food is not a necessary condition in a diet for osteoporosis. Some spices can even be useful, as they have an anti-inflammatory effect. This is turmeric and ginger - they can be added to any hot or cold dishes, and desserts.
Summary: to control weight and prevent joint diseases, it is necessary to follow a certain diet. In the diet must necessarily be vegetables, fruits, fish, eggs, greens, nuts, useful vegetable oils. A big plus will be sports and active lifestyle.
A source: http://sustav.info/bolezni/osteoarthritis/dieta-pri-osteoartroze.html
Proper nutrition with osteoarthritis and osteochondrosis
Problems with joints are one of the first signs of aging.
In these days, diseases of the musculoskeletal system are rapidly growing younger, and in the elderly, almost everyone is confronted with them.
The reasons for this are a sedentary lifestyle, violations of posture, typical of people who spend most of their time in a sitting position, inadequate physical activity.
Osteoarthritis affects individual joints, osteochondrosis is a disease of the joints of the spine. Osteoarthritis of the joints is caused by a violation of the processes of restoration and destruction of the joint tissues. Osteochondrosis of the spine can be considered a "local" manifestation of osteoarthritis.
The danger of these diseases is that their early stages of development pass unnoticed, the disease can develop for years.
Primary treatment to the doctor occurs with pains in the joints and back, when degenerative-dystrophic changes in the cartilaginous tissue are already significant and irreversible.
In the treatment and prevention of these diseases, in addition to medicinal and physiotherapy, it is important to adhere to the principles of rational nutrition.
Principles of nutrition in osteoarthritis and osteochondrosis
For normal functioning of the joints, mucopolysaccharides, which are part of the connective tissue, are necessary.
They participate in the formation of the hyaline cartilage lining the joint cavity, and in the synthesis of the synovial fluid that provides the joints with nutrition and performs the role of lubrication when moving in the joints.
Mucopolysaccharides include hyaluronic acid, which has the ability to retain a free liquid and thereby maintains the elasticity of the connective tissue. Close in composition to hyaluronic acid is chondroitin sulfate - another mucopolysaccharide.
Hyaluronic acid and chondroitin sulfate, called chondroprotectors, are part of a special biologically active additives and dosage forms of chondroprotectors, but these mucopolysaccharides can be obtained from certain products power supply.
Such products include cold meat, jellied fish, jelly. In addition to mucopolysaccharides, the collagen also contains collagen, which is necessary for the development of connective tissue.
Gulf dishes, jellies and rich soups also increase the body's immunity. When cooking, do not remove the bones, cartilages, ligaments, which are most rich in mucopolysaccharides.
Recommended dishes are recommended for the treatment of osteoarthritis, but they can not be used with gout - in This case from the diet should be excluded thick boiled meat broths and dishes from by-products.
To prevent the development of osteochondrosis, the body should receive a sufficient amount of calcium. It is recommended to eat dishes containing gelatin, for example, various jellies. Also, the diet should be balanced in its content of microelements and vitamins.
Useful for tissue joints products:
- dairy products (natural cheeses, kefir, yoghurt, yogurt);
- fresh vegetables and greens (cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, onions, carrots, radishes, beets, parsley, celery, colored and white cabbage);
- fresh fruit and fruit jelly;
- olive oil;
- low-fat boiled meat (rabbit, beef, chicken);
- berries (sea-buckthorn, strawberry);
- jelly, jelly, jellied meat and fish;
- rye and bran bread;
- vegetable proteins (seeds, nuts, whole unprocessed grains of wheat, millet, barley, buckwheat, corn);
- products with high content of vitamin A (liver, melon, pumpkin, peaches, artichokes);
- products containing calcium (sesame, almond, nettle, dog rose);
- products with high content of vitamin D (sea fish, butter);
- products with magnesium content (avocado, beans);
- products that contain phosphorus (pods of soy, bran);
- products that contain manganese (sea kale and algae, celery, bananas, chestnuts);
- products with high content of vitamin B (crabs, lobsters, mushrooms, cereals);
- products with a high content of vitamin C (apples, plums, tangerines, oranges, grapefruits, avocados);
- Mineral water and chicory drink.
Diet for osteoarthritis
The main manifestations of osteoarthritis are joint pain and deformity. When osteoarthritis affects knee and hip joints, small joints of the hands with the formation of nodules on the interphalangeal joints of the fingers.
An important factor that activates and complicates the course of the disease is overweight. Excess weight increases the load on the joints. It is proved that a weight loss of 5 kg reduces the risk of osteoarthritis by 50%.
When treating osteoarthritis, it is necessary to observe a fractional diet - there are 4-5 times a day and a little, and also follow the following rules:
- Completely exclude simple carbohydrates, refuse confectionery and chocolate, alcohol and sugary drinks;
- Eliminate sausages and fatty meat, replacing it with lean or dishes from poultry and fish. In this case, fat fish are useful;
- Be sure to include in the diet of low-fat dairy products;
- Eat enough vegetables and fruits, cereals, cereals and black bread;
- Be sure to eat foods containing sulfur: garlic, onions, asparagus;
- Exclude black pepper, egg yolk, tomatoes and white potatoes that can provoke pain.
Diet for osteochondrosis
The diet should be as full and varied as possible in order to fully supply the body with all the necessary proteins, fats and carbohydrates. It is necessary to eat foods of both animal and vegetable origin.
It is recommended to take food in small portions, 5-6 times a day. Before going to bed it is good to drink a glass of kefir, to eat a little prunes or apples.
For the spine, calcium is needed, so it is necessary to include in the diet solid varieties of cheeses, sour-milk products, cottage cheese, and also foods rich in magnesium, phosphorus and manganese (fish, nuts, bran, spinach, cucumbers, seaweed, bananas, potatoes, onions).
The spine needs vitamins A, B, C and D. Sources of vitamin A - carrots, pumpkin, liver. B vitamins are found in chicken eggs, legumes, seafood.
Vitamin C is rich in rose hips, apples, black currants, sauerkraut, plums. A large amount of vitamin D is found in eggs, fatty fish, butter, milk.
Also its development is promoted by solar beams.
It is necessary to limit the consumption of sugar, replacing it with honey, jam or jam. As a dessert you can use jelly and dried fruits.
Great harm is brought to the salt, which has the ability to be deposited in the tissues of the body. Therefore, you need to limit the use of salt, as well as boiled food, which contributes to the deposition of salts. When preparing dishes from meat and fish, it is best to boil them first and then fry them.
It is recommended to eat as many raw vegetables and fruits every day as possible, salad dressing with olive oil.
Avoid spices, strong coffee and tea, grape juice.
There is no "miracle product" that can heal from osteochondrosis. The main thing is balanced and rational nutrition.
A source: http://bolivspine.com/bolezni/bolezni-sustavov/pravilnoe-pitanie-pri-osteoartroze-i-osteohondroze.html
The right diet for osteoarthritis - treatment on your plate
Incredibly, but the fact: the right diet for osteoarthritis can significantly weaken the unpleasant symptoms of the disease.
The results of a study conducted by American scientists and published in the journal Nutrition Research ("Nutrition Research"), prove: a diet rich in vegetables, fruits and a number of other products, helps to eliminate inflammation and pain in osteoarthritis joints.
Is the food really able to help?
With inflammatory and destructive processes in the body free radicals are formed - molecules that can damage healthy cells of the body.
The synovial membrane, which covers all the ligaments and surfaces of the joint cavity, is vulnerable to the action of free radicals.
But it is due to the synovial tissue that additional cushioning of the joint is provided and the inflammation passes to the bone from the joint cavity.
When the synovial membrane is damaged, the joint capsule thickens, the cartilaginous tissue cracks, and on the bone located over the cartilage of the joint, osteophytes (bone outgrowths) are formed, pain arises - all these are the characteristic symptoms of osteoarthritis.
Antioxidants are substances that can protect the body from the harmful effects of free radicals.
The results of studies published in the American editions Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences ("Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences the official journal of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA) and Clinical Rheumatology (" Clinical Rheumatology "), showed that certain antioxidants contribute to the prevention of arthritis and arthrosis, slow the progression of these diseases, significantly alleviate the pain.
Conclusion: the diet for osteoarthritis should be rich in antioxidants.
Importance of weight loss
Before going directly to the discussion of nutrition, let us dwell on another very important point.
Excess weight only aggravates the course of the disease, adding stress to the joints and changing the metabolic processes in the body.
The latter leads to the formation of more hormones that can cause inflammation. To get rid of excess weight, you can take the following measures:
- try to cook at home more often, using fresh natural products;
- abandon semi-finished products that contain a lot of salt, sugar and transgenic fats;
- there are small portions;
- if possible, lead a more active lifestyle, walk more often, do exercises and special gymnastics.
Helpful advice: be sure to include in your menu soups- these dishes perfectly satisfy hunger and will not add to you extra calories. And now let's go directly to nutrition issues.
This vitamin is very important for the formation of cartilaginous tissue. The lack of vitamin C can lead to a weakening of the cartilage and exacerbation of the symptoms of osteoarthritis. To prevent the deficit of this antioxidant in your body, add the following foods to the diet:
- tropical fruits (papaya, guava, pineapple, etc.);
- citrus fruits (especially oranges and grapefruits);
- cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, etc.);
- Bulgarian pepper;
Many studies of arthrosis and rheumatism revealed that vitamin D interferes with the destruction of cartilaginous tissue, and also reduces the risk of contraction of the articular space. To get more vitamin D, include in your diet the following foods:
- seafood (shrimp, salmon, herring, cod);
- vitaminized milk;
- other vitamin products (vit. D + calcium) - orange juice, yogurt, cereal and muesli.
Beta-carotene is a very powerful antioxidant that destroys free radicals even before they damage joints.
The presence of beta-carotene in some fruits is very easy to determine - it gives a bright orange color. But there are also products of other colors, rich in beta-carotene.
Beautiful sources of this substance:
- cruciferous vegetables (Brussels sprouts, broccoli, leaf cabbage, mustard leaf, chard);
- sweet potato;
- greens (spinach, parsley);
- leaves of peppermint;
The most useful fats for people with osteoarthritis are omega-3 fatty acids. While some products contribute to the production of substances that cause inflammation, omega-3 fatty acids suppress the action of enzymes that destroy cartilaginous tissue.
Products rich in omega-3 fatty acids:
- rainbow trout,
- Pacific oysters,
- flax seeds.
Bioflavonoids, such as quercetin or anthocyanidins, are forms of antioxidants. The anti-inflammatory effect that quercetin gives is identical to the effect of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin or ibuprofen. Good sources of quercetin are:
- onions (red, yellow, white);
- cherry tomatoes;
- black currant;
- cocoa powder;
- green tea;
- apples (with peel).
Many spices, according to studies published in the Journal of Natural Products ("Journal of Natural Products USA), also have anti-inflammatory properties. The most pronounced are ginger and turmeric, which can be added to hot dishes, salads and soups.
Let's sum up the results
So, if you want your nutrition to weaken the symptoms of osteoarthritis, rather than aggravate them, try to lose weight (if you have is overweight), eat more vegetables, fruits, fish, nuts and useful oils, and do not forget about the importance of the active image life. Follow these simple rules - and your joints will be grateful to you!
A source: http://SustavZdorov.ru/artroz/dieta-pri-osteoartroze-134.html
Diet for osteoarthritis | RevMaKlinik
ABOUTstooarthrosis is one of those joint diseases, in the treatment of which very much depends on the efforts of the patient himself.
Balanced nutrition helps to get rid of excess weight and reduce the burden on the joints. In addition, a diet formulated in a certain way helps to reduce articular inflammation.
Thus, the diet for osteoarthritis performs two tasks:
- Optimize body weight to reduce the burden on the joints of the legs. In addition, it is proved that fat tissue produces substances that support the inflammatory process, and reducing the amount of adipose tissue in the body reduces the inflammatory process.
- Reduction of the inflammatory process with the help of certain nutrients.
How to lose weight?
You must follow certain rules. But keep it constantly, make them familiar.
- There are 5-6 times a day in small portions: three basic meals and two or three snacks throughout the day.
- Do not bring yourself to a sense of hunger (when a person is hungry, he pounces on food and it is difficult to control himself), therefore it is necessary to make small snacks between the main meals, preferably protein (cottage cheese, egg, slice cold boiled pork).
- In the diet, give preference to vegetables, fish, cottage cheese, chicken, low-fat meat (beef, veal, turkey), dairy products of low fat content, cereals, eggs (especially egg white).
- Avoid flour and sweet. Sugar contains only calories and has no more nutritional value, so it can be discarded without sacrificing proper nutrition. Every 30 grams of sugar contains 120 kcal. Those who want to lose weight, you have to forget about sweets, jams, cakes and other confectionery. Try not to add sugar to tea and coffee, as little as possible use it when preparing dishes. Artificial sweeteners contain quite a few calories, but for health it is more useful in principle to accustom yourself to less sweet food. In baking and muesli, instead of sugar for sweetness, you can add raisins and other dried fruits. Pay attention to the hidden sugar, carefully study the composition of the product on the package. A large amount of fruit will also interfere with weight loss.
- Increase physical activity: walk (at least half an hour a day), engage in fitness, swimming, dancing, perform exercises. If a person gets more energy with food than he spends, then excess energy is converted to fat and a set of weight occurs. If a person receives less energy than he spends, then weight loss occurs. Therefore, all the recommendations for weight loss are based on optimizing nutrition and increasing physical exertion.
- Limit the intake of fat. Fats contain a large number of calories. It is necessary to revise the ways of cooking. Cook preferably in a multivark, double boiler, bake or cook. Fried food with the addition of oil is contraindicated in case of weight loss. In addition, it must be remembered that both animal and vegetable oils are 100% fat, and vegetable oil has no advantages compared to creamy in terms of the number of calories. Avoid "invisible" fats, which are contained in baking, confectionery, chocolate, sausages. Carefully study the composition of the product on the package. animal fats in the diet must also be reduced because they contribute to the development of inflammation and pain.
- The most physiological and effective is a gradual decrease in weight (1-2 kg per month).
- With weight reduction, it is advisable to take multivitamin complexes, calcium and vitamin D preparations. It is proved that vitamin D deficiency leads to obesity.
It should not be forgotten, however, that in a number of diseases, such as diabetes mellitus, gout, disease gastrointestinal tract, there are individual treatment tables in which the ratio of products can be others.
Some patients, after eating certain foods, increase joint pain and swelling of the joints, and if it refuses, it improves the well-being.
For example, deterioration of the state is often associated with the use of tomatoes, eggplant, pepper, onions and potatoes. To this list are often added also refined sugar and starch, dairy products, pork, citrus, corn, oatmeal, rye, yeast.
If there is a suspicion that the product causes an exacerbation, then to check it is necessary to abandon this suspicious product for a month, and then try to return to it. If within a few days after the use of this product increases joint pain, it can be considered evidence of the cause-effect relationship.
Including a new product in the menu, observe your condition. If the state of health worsens, joint pain increases, then it is possible that this product causes allergies.
Influence of food on the inflammatory process
FROMit is read that some products can provoke the processes leading to the development of inflammation in the body. These are, first of all, animal meat, sugar and coffee.
It is well known that an increased level of sugar in the blood contributes to a weakening of the immune system, so try to keep the diet was as little sugar as possible (especially refined), sweets, confectionery and sweet refreshments beverages. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids are also called"Healthy fats", they contribute toreduce inflammation. In contrast to omega-3, omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids have no anti-inflammatory activity and, moreover, can interfere with the absorption of omega-3. In the diet of modern man there is more omega-6 than necessary, so it can be useful restriction or exclusion of such omega-6-containing products, such as sunflower and corn oil; and margarine.
Herbal components with medicinal properties
Natural anti-inflammatory products includeginger. It can be added to various dishes or made by infusion, pouring several slices of ginger root with hot water (you can add honey, lemon, cloves to taste).
Anti-inflammatory properties are well knownjuniper. From juniper berries, gin is made, and among the British patients the drug, prepared on the basis of gin, is very popular. Here is the original recipe.
Pour the golden raisins with gin and leave in an unclosed container until the liquid disappears. Take 9 raisins a day.
As an anesthetic and anti-inflammatory agent phytotherapeutists recommend instead of regular tea to drink tea from the leavesblack currant.
Recommended juice from fresh rootscelery(take 2 teaspoons 3 times a day for 6-8 weeks). It is also believed that with inflammation of the joints are very usefulblueberriesandgarlic.
All these "food medicines" can be included in the diet in moderation.
Cold (jelly) is ineffective in osteoarthritis
Patients often ask whether jelly for joints is useful.
Many refer to popular sources that claim that jelly is supposedly better than any chondroprotector allowing "to repair cartilage" and get rid of joint diseases without drugs.
It is believed that the useful properties of the jelly seem to be due to the fact that during the digestion of meat, the components of veins and cartilage go into the broth, and then digested by the body and used as a building material for their own tissues.
Indeed, jelly as a means of strengthening joints and bones has long been recommended folk medicine, but academic medicine refers to this recommendation with restraint.
First, there is no rigorous scientific evidence that the jelly is really capable of somehow influencing the the structure of the cartilage and other types of connective tissue (bones, tendons, ligaments), this statement is never ever was confirmed.
Secondly, even if we assume that substances contained in the jelly, entering the body, are used as a building material for cartilage, then to meet the need for these substances, a patient with osteoarthritis would have to eat tens of kilograms of jelly in day.
Thirdly, the jelly is made from a rich broth, in which, as is known, contains a lot of cholesterol. Therefore, frequent use of this dish can contribute to the development of atherosclerosis.
But there is evidence of the effectiveness of the applicationgelatinwith osteoarthritis.
Gelatin is a natural, viscous, transparent substance, which is obtained by digestion in the water of tendons, ligaments, bones and some other animal tissues, which include collagen.
Gelatin is used in cooking, medicine and cosmetology. The greatest interest for traditional medicine gelatin is, as a remedy for the treatment of joint diseases.[attention type = green]
According to Reuters, in America, a study was conducted in which 175 elderly patients with knee osteoarthritis participated. They were given 10 g of gelatin powder daily.
Already after 14 days of such treatment, many have improved joint mobility and muscle strength. The fact is that amino acids (the same amino acids that we get from proteins) contained in gelatin, maintain the elasticity of articular cartilage and slow or even prevent them destruction.
Gelatin for joints. Recipe
Traditional medicine recommends a simple prescription for the prevention and treatment of joint diseases, such as arthritis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, sprains and sprain. This recipe will also be useful to those who have naturally weak hair and nails.
In the evening before bed, pour 1 hour. spoon gelatin half a glass of cold boiled water. Overnight gelatin should swell.
In the morning, put 1 hour into the swollen gelatin. a spoonful of honey and add a glass to the top with hot boiled water.
Stir well the contents of the glass and drink this mixture in a warm form on an empty stomach.
Treatment is carried out for 10 days. Then 10 days break. Treatment of some diseases can be quite long: 3 months or more. Everything depends on the degree of disease and individual characteristics of the body.
For the prevention of joint diseases and as a means to strengthen hair and nails, this recipe can be consumed 1-2 times a week. However, it is quite enough simply to include in your diet dishes cooked with gelatin: jelly, jellied, mousse, jelly, marmalade.
A source: http://www. RevmaClinic.com/disease/osteoartroz/diet