Indapamide is a diuretic drug of the thiazide group, which possesses an antihypertensive, vasodilating and diuretic (diuretic) action.
The drug is used in the treatment of arterial hypertension, thiazide-like and thiazide diuretics are widely used in antihypertensive therapy. They are used as first-line drugs both in monotherapy and as part of combined treatment, their use contributes to a marked improvement in cardiovascular prognosis.
On this page you will find all information about Indapamide: the full instructions for use for this medicine medium, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogs of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already applied Indapamide. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Diuretic. Antihypertensive drug.
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
It is released on prescription.
How much is Indapamide? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of25 rubles..
Form of issue and composition
It is produced in the form of capsules and tablets with the main active ingredient indapamide, the content of which can be as follows:
- 1 capsule mg;
- 1 tablet, film-coated mg;
- 1 tablet of prolonged action in a film coat mg.
The composition of the auxiliary substances of Indapa tablets, covered with a film coat, includes lactose monohydrate, povidone K30, crospovidone, magnesium stearate, sodium lauryl sulfate, talc. The shell of these tablets consists of hypromellose, macrogol 6000, talc, titanium dioxide (E171).
Auxiliary components of tablets of prolonged action: hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, silicon dioxide colloidal anhydrous, magnesium stearate. Film membrane: hypromellose, macrogol, talc, titanium dioxide, dye tropeoline.
In the pharmacy network, Indapamide products come:
- Capsules - in polymer containers of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 100 pieces or in contour acheikova packing of 10 or 30 pieces;
- Tablets - in blisters for 10 pieces.
Indapamide belongs to the class of thiazide diuretics and has the following pharmacological effects:
- Reduces resistance in arterioles;
- Reduces blood pressure (hypotensive effect);
- Reduces the overall peripheral resistance of blood vessels;
- Expands blood vessels (is a vasodilator);
- Helps reduce the degree of hypertrophy of the left ventricle of the heart;
- Has a moderately diuretic (diuretic) effect.
The hypotensive effect of indapamide develops when taken at dosages (, mg per day), which do not cause a diuretic effect. Therefore, the drug can be used to lower blood pressure for a long period of time. When taking indapamide in higher dosages, the hypotensive effect does not increase, but a pronounced diuretic effect appears. It must be remembered that the reduction in blood pressure is achieved only a week after taking Indapamide, and the persistent effect develops after 3 months of use.
Indapamide does not affect fat and carbohydrate metabolism, so it can be used by people with diabetes, elevated cholesterol, etc. In addition, indapamide effectively reduces blood pressure in people with one kidney or hemodialysis.
Indications for use
What helps? The drug is intended for the treatment of arterial hypertension in patients of adult age.
It is forbidden to take the drug at such indications:
- lactation period;
- renal failure (anuria stage);
- age under 18 years (effectiveness and safety not established);
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug;
- hypersensitivity to other sulfonamide derivatives;
- hepatic encephalopathy or severe hepatic insufficiency;
- lactose intolerance, lactase deficiency or glucose / galactose malabsorption syndrome.
Caution should be given to the drug for violations of kidney and / or liver function; diabetes mellitus in the stage of decompensation; violation of water and electrolyte balance; hyperuricemia (especially accompanied by gout and urate nephrolithiasis); hyperparathyroidism; in patients with an extended QT interval on the ECG or receiving therapy, as a result of which an extension of the QT interval (astemizole, erythromycin (w / w), pentamidine, sultopride, terfenadine, vincamine, antiarrhythmic drugs of the IA class (quinidine, disopyramide) and class III (amiodarone, brethilia tosylate)).
Application in pregnancy and lactation
The use of indapamide in pregnant women is not recommended. His reception can provoke the development of fetoplacental ischemia, which can slow the development of the fetus.
Since indapamide penetrates into breast milk, it should not be administered during lactation. If it is necessary to take the drug by nursing patients, breastfeeding should be discontinued.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Indapamide is taken internally, regardless of food intake, preferably in the morning hours. Tablets should be swallowed without chewing and drinking with a sufficient amount of liquid.
- With arterial hypertension, the recommended dose of the drug is 2.5 mg 1 time / day.
An increase in the dose does not lead to an increase in antihypertensive action.
When taking indapamide, it is possible to develop such side effects:
- Exacerbation of systemic lupus erythematosus;
- Cough, sinusitis, pharyngitis, rarely rhinitis;
- Hives, itching, rash, hemorrhagic vasculitis;
- Orthostaticheskaya hypotension, palpitation, arrhythmia, hypokalemia;
- Frequent infections of the urinary system, polyuria, nocturia;
- Nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, dry mouth, abdominal pain, sometimes - hepatic encephalopathy, rarely - pancreatitis;
- Drowsiness, dizziness, headache, nervousness, asthenia, depression, insomnia, vertigo, rarely - malaise, general weakness, tension, muscle spasm, anxiety, irritability;
- Glucosuria, hypercreatininaemia, increased urea nitrogen in the blood plasma, hypercalcemia, hyponatremia, hypochloraemia, hypokalemia, hyperglycemia, hyperuricemia;
- Very rarely - hemolytic anemia, bone marrow aplasia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia.
In case of overdose, vomiting, weakness and nausea may occur, in addition, the patient has a disruption in the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract and water-electrolyte balance.
Sometimes it can manifest oppressed breathing and reduced blood pressure. In case of an overdose, the patient should rinse the stomach, apply symptomatic therapy, adjust the water-electrolyte balance.
- The intake of sulfonamides can lead to exacerbation of systemic lupus erythematosus.
- It should be borne in mind that diuretic drugs can lead to hyponatremia, hypokalemia, hypercalcemia.
- Athletes on the background of taking Indapamide may exhibit positive reactions during doping control.
- The development of hypercalcemia during treatment with the drug indicates a previously not diagnosed hyperthyroidism of the thyroid gland.
- The use of thiazide-like diuretics can lead to the development of photosensitivity, in this case, the drug is stopped.
- During the application of Indapamide, it is necessary to cover the skin from direct sunlight and artificial ultraviolet radiation.
- During the administration of the drug, periodic monitoring of the content of electrolytes (sodium, magnesium, potassium) in blood serum, glucose level, pH, residual nitrogen and uric acid content is necessary.
- Indapamid should be prescribed according to the indications by a laboratory examination of the patient, especially if there are prerequisites for the development of water-electrolyte disturbances.
- The purpose of the drug for the treatment of elderly patients is possible with a good or slightly impaired renal function. In this case, the concentration of creatinine and the potassium content in the blood plasma should be regularly monitored, taking into account the age, sex and body weight of the patient.
- The use of the drug for the therapy of edema during pregnancy can cause insufficiency placental-fetal blood flow, which leads to fetal hypotrophy, therefore the drug is not recommended for admission during pregnancy.
During the treatment period, care must be taken when driving vehicles and occupying others Potentially hazardous activities requiring increased concentration and speed psychomotor reactions.
- Cyclosporine promotes the development of hypercreatininaemia.
- Erythromycin can lead to the development of tachycardia with ventricular fibrillation.
- Preparations containing iodine can lead to a deficiency of fluid in the body.
- Aluretics, cardiac glycosides, laxatives increase the risk of potassium deficiency.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, glucocorticosteroids reduce the hypotensive effect.
- Antidepressants and antipsychotics increase the hypotensive effect, increase the likelihood of developing orthostatic hypotension.
We picked up some feedback from people about the Indapamide drug:
- Valya. Indapamide was prescribed by the doctor several years ago in combination with other 3-4 drugs when she came to the doctor with complaints of high blood pressure and headache. Gradually began to use only him, I drink a pill every day in the morning, when you stop taking the next day, the face swells, bags appear under the eyes. Heard that prolonged use can lead to the washing away of magnesium and calcium from the body, as compensation I sometimes drink asparks.
- Lana. 53 years old, had a hypertensive crisis 4 years ago, hypertension 2 items, the doctor prescribed indapamide, mg, enalapril 5 mg, and bisoprolol, since tachycardia often, I drink these tablets constantly in the morning. Bisoprolol at first drank, and then began to feel a pressing pain in the heart after its administration, now only indapamide and enalapril. The pressure from the morning of 130 to 95, by the evening decreases, thanks to the pill becomes 105 to 90, and when 110 to 85, but some kind of fatigue and weakness is felt. Last time pain in the heart is constantly.
- Tamara. Grandmother was diagnosed with arterial hypertension and to alleviate her condition, the treating doctor prescribed Indapamide. I bought it on the prescription in a pharmacy and gave the patient in the morning giving water for washing down. As a result of the application within 10 days, the grandmother's condition improved, the pressure not so jumps, but decreased to normal (taking into account her age). In general, the drug helped. Recommended.
According to reviews, Indapamide is a highly effective drug. Both doctors and patients suffering from hypertension note that this drug is generally well tolerated. Adverse reactions are very rare and are of low severity. Many patients with a diagnosis of "hypertension" take pills for life.
Indapamide tablets have structural analogues for the active substance. These are drugs for the treatment of persistent high blood pressure:
- Acrypamide retard,
- Arinapad, Arifon,
- Arifon-retard (French analog),
- Vero Indapamide,
- Indapamide MV-Stada (Russian analogue),
- Indapamide retard (Russian analogue),
- The adapter,
- Ionik retard,
- Lauras SR,
- Ravel SR,
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Indapamide should be stored in a dry place protected from light, out of reach of the child at a temperature of 25 degrees.
Shelf life is 36 months, after this period, the drug is strictly prohibited.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.