The increased temperature of the body indicates the presence of an inflammatory process in the body and with ODS generally can not be connected!
so the flu begins. and all the symptoms are added for 3-4 days. but doctors, of course, know better.
ARVI begins with a sharply rising temperature, without special manifestations. The nose and throat will show themselves later.
ORI - with catarrhal manifestations, nasal congestion. in a consequence snot. Then the temperature starts to rise.
if there is a temperature, then the organism is resistant to infection, the main thing is to watch for it, worse as we have a cough, snot without temperature
yes can - at me most atk in a youth was
first the temperature is about 38 without a cough, runny nose, red throat
after five days, all the signs of a cold started
anything can be.
hand over the minimal analyzes: the general analysis of urine and blood.
after you can already make conclusions.
ARVI in children are acute respiratory viral infections that unite a large group of viral infectious diseases caused by DNA - and RNA - containing viruses. Unlike influenza, these microorganisms do not have such high contagiousness, do not cause epidemics and are more easily tolerated by patients.
ARVI in children is caused by viruses of influenza A, B and C, parainfluenza, adenoviruses, rhinoviruses, reoviruses and other microorganisms. The source of infection becomes a sick person or bacterium carrier, when talking, coughing, sneezing viruses enter the mucous membrane of the upper respiratory tract of a healthy person and are introduced into the her.
Further development of the disease, how hard it will go on and how many days will last, depends on the condition immunity of the infected, the general resistance of the body and on how much the body gets infectious agents.
Viruses quite easily and quickly die in the external environment,so the infection occurs when you are in close contact with the virus carrier or when using common household items(dishes, towels, personal hygiene items).
For SARS and influenza, the seasonality of the disease is characteristic - most cases of illness in children and adults are noted in spring - autumn period and in the cold season, when the human body is weakened and can not fight with infections.
In children, viral infections occur almost at any age, but up to 6 months in infants, temporary immunity from the mother remains, and therefore children of this age rarely have ARI. The cause of acute respiratory viral infections and influenza in children up to a year are mostly older children and adults, who "bring" viruses and infect infants.
The peak incidence of various colds falls on the age of 3-4 years, when most babies begin to visit various children's institutions. Congestion, the lack of children's concepts of basic hygiene (sneezing with an open mouth, the use of someone else's dishes and personal hygiene items, not the ability to thoroughly wash hands before eating, after walking and visiting the toilet), not fully formed immunity of the child, all this causes a large number of diseases in preschool children age.
1. Influenza - high body temperature - up to 39-40 degrees, muscle pain, weakness, headache, nasal congestion and sore throat are all symptoms of flu and parainfluenza. The disease can last from 4 to 5 to 10-14 days and how long the acute period of the disease will be depends largely on how quickly and timely the treatment is started. The body temperature during the flu lasts for several days, reaches high figures and can cause frustration, delirium and cramps, especially in young children.
Unlike other SARS, influenza and parainfluenza can lead to serious complications from internal organs, so the child must be under the supervision of a doctor and receive appropriate treatment. Parainfluenza causes severe swelling of the mucous membrane of the larynx and nasal passages, which can provoke the development of a false croup (asthma attacks) in a child of the first years of life.
2. Reo - and rhinovirus infections occur with a slight increase in body temperature, coughing and nasal congestion, the main symptoms of infection are abundant serous discharge from the nose, the patient can not breathe normally, it "flows" from the nose, reddens the mucous membranes of the eyes, can also hurt the throat and torment cough. Usually the general condition of the child does not suffer too much and the symptoms of the disease quickly pass.
4. Adenoviral infection - here to all the above listed symptoms of ARVI, conjunctivitis and elevated body temperature, which lasts long enough on subfebrile digits, join. Adenoviruses have tropism to the lymphatic tissue and often cause an increase in the lymph nodes, spleen or lymphadenitis in children. The state of the lymphatic system will determine how long the disease will last and whether it will cause complications.
5. RS - infection - respiratory syncytial virus affects the bronchial mucosa and provokes the development of bronchitis, pneumonia and bronchial asthma in children. The main symptoms of this infection are a dry, painful cough that appears immediately after infection and is rapidly developing, as well as other signs - shortness of breath, rapid breathing, fever and pain in throat.
Even if the child already has many times had similar signs of infection, it is necessary to call a doctor and carry out treatment under his control, as only an experienced specialist can accurately assess the patient's condition and in time to see the risk of developing different complications.
Calling up SARS in children can have about 200 different viruses, and many of them mutate yearly, so specific treatments, as well as disease prevention, have not yet been developed. To treat a child with ARVI is offered by symptomatic means and antiviral drugs. The most reliable way to avoid frequent ARVI in childhood and quickly recover from any infection is Prevention of viral infections: hardening, vitamin therapy, outdoor exercise and physical load.
1. Adhere to bed rest until the body temperature drops to normal, and then, for several more days, to protect the child from any load, so as not to provoke the development of complications, since the patient's body strongly is weakened.
2. The diet of a sick child should be light and nutritious - more vegetables, fruits, dairy products. Be sure to follow the drinking regimen - a day the child should drink at least - 3 liters of fluid, depending on the age. If the baby is breastfed, it is necessary to monitor its condition - dry lips, hot dry skin, rapid breathing - all this signs of dehydration, when they appear, you need to start dopayivat the child with warm boiled water at a rate of approximately 10 ml per kg of weight, every 2-3 hours. Children older than a year can be offered juices, compotes, fruit drinks, tea with honey and raspberries or mineral alkaline water without gas.
3. If the body temperature exceeds 3, g, the child is given antipyretic - Panadol, children's paracetamol, ibuprofen and other similar preparations, children up to one year can put a rectal candle with antipyretic means.
4. With pain in the throat, one should immediately start rinsing with antiseptic solutions. The more gargle of the patient is rinsed, the more effectively microorganisms and the products of their vital activity are washed out of the oropharynx. Optimum gargle every 2-4 hours with soda-salt solutions, chamomile, sage broth, ready-made pharmacy solutions or solutions of furacilin, iodine, hydrogen peroxide.
5. If the cough persists for several days, it is advisable to start taking expectorant and thinning medications - bromhexine, licorice root syrup, Muciltin, amber, and others.
6. From the first days of the disease, a viral infection should begin taking antiviral drugs - interferon, anaferon, viferon. Children up to a year, these drugs are prescribed in the form of candles.
7. If the symptoms do not go away in a few days and the body temperature keeps high, it can evidence of the attachment of a bacterial infection and the need to initiate antibiotic treatment, which can prescribe only a doctor.
Specific prophylaxis of ARVI in children is still not developed and, in order to avoid infection and quickly get rid of clinical manifestations of infection, it is necessary to follow the rules of personal hygiene, to avoid accumulation of people, hypothermia and to increase protective forces organism. The best prevention of any infections in children is good immunity, and for this it is necessary to carry out the tempering of the child, to monitor his health and proper nutrition.
If once doctors from all over the world come together to an international consultation to determine the list of the most common diseases, this list will most likely be headed by a "banal ARVI". But is it as banal as it often seems to us?
When a child falls ill with ARVI for real, the prevalence of this disease for some reason does not greatly console the home. Consider the main signs of ARVI in children.What is ARVI?
ARVI - acute respiratory viral infection - a disease of the upper respiratory tract, which is transmitted by airborne droplets. That is, when kissing, when using shared dishes, in closed, not enough ventilated rooms. Both the flu and rhinovirus infections, infections accompanied by catarrhal symptoms (reddening of the throat, runny nose, cough) are referred to SARS.
Usually acute respiratory disease begins with "harmless sneezes". As a result of getting the infection on the nasal mucosa, the baby's body seeks to eliminate the enemy. Further this process is strengthened and a sniff is added to sneezing. Along with mucus, an unwanted virus must leave the body. (Therefore, it is so important to replenish the supplies of fluid in the body in time, without it the child can not cope and the virus can become the master of the situation.)
In addition, children with ARVI can complain that they have a headache, handles, legs, back, and begin to rub their eyes. As in adults, ARVI disease in children is accompanied by a headache, an aching joint, pain in the eyeballs. The onset of acute respiratory viral infection in many children is accompanied by vomiting and loose stools. The fact that your child is vomiting whenever he falls ill, and the neighbor is not, does not say that your disease is special. The virus can be the same. Just by virtue of its constitution, your child's body cope with the onset of the disease, "throwing off ballast." (However, it is possible that the fat cheesecakes are to blame for everything, with which you tried to feed the baby? - Such food for a sick kid will not make recovery easier, it should be left for later.)
The temperature in ARVI in children may not rise too high (and hold at around 37 ° C), but it can reach 3 ° C. In the second case it is obvious that the organism perceived the attacking virus as threatening. It is with the help of heat that he tries to destroy the enemy.
ESR, a blood indicator that determines the inflammatory processes in the body, in ARI in children does not increase too high. The situation is different with this indicator, if a bacterial infection joins a viral disease.
While the "simple ORVI" does not cause a large damage to the body, and 5-7 days after the onset of the disease with the correctcare of the child is restored, the attachment of the bacterial component can cause serious complications.
How to determine the onset of a bacterial disease? If the child became better on the third day of the virus, but after a few more days the condition worsened, the temperature began to rise (and to become even higher than in the first days of the disease) - this indicates the accession of bacterial infection. It is in this case (and only in this case) that antibiotics should be used to treat ARVI.
It should also be said that an acute respiratory viral infection in an infant may occur in a more acute form than in older children, but it is for them that a rise in temperature is undesirable and dangerous. Therefore, in ARVI in children under one year should not engage in self-medication.
ARVI (acute respiratory viral infection) is a group of morphologically and clinically similar acute inflammatory diseases that affect the respiratory system. Pathogens of this pathology are various pneumotrophic viruses, of which there are at least 170 species. The most common viruses are parainfluenza, influenza, adenoviruses, respiratory syncytial viruses and rhinoviruses. If a person has symptoms of ARVI, then he needs treatment, because the disease can lead to the development of bacterial infection.
Each of the pathogens is most affected by one of the sections of the respiratory tract, for example, the parainfluenza virus is the larynx, and the rhinovirus is the nose. This explains the appearance of specific symptoms that help the doctor to make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the right treatment.
As can be seen in the picture, the main common symptoms of acute respiratory viral infection are headache, fever, chills, muscle aches and weakness. But these are common characteristic symptoms for all types of acute respiratory viral infection, then we will analyze in more detail the symptoms for each type of acute respiratory viral infection, to which includes influenza, parainfluenza, rhinovirus infection, adenovirus infection, and also separately talk about the symptoms of ARVI for children.
Rhinovirus infection is also called a contagious rhinitis, because it affects the mucous membrane of the pharynx and nose. The disease can begin both acute and gradual. First of all, there are symptoms of intoxication: muscle weakness, headaches and a feeling of heaviness in the head, chills and malaise amid a slightly elevated temperature.
There are also specific signs of the disease: nasal congestion, perspiration, insignificant hoarseness of the voice, sneezing, difficulty nasal breathing, as well as discharge from the nose, which are initially abundant and mucous, and then - thick, grayish or yellowish hue. Usually this disease does not go through hard and ends with complete recovery of the person.
With adenovirus infection, not only the respiratory organs, but also the lymph nodes, as well as the eyes, occur. The disease begins sharply, with a rise in temperature, which can persist for 7-14 days. There are also symptoms of general intoxication: headaches and muscle pains, feelings of weakness and weakness, lack of appetite, chills. Sometimes there is a breakdown in the bowel function, which aggravates the patient's condition.
The clinical picture of this type of ARVI includes other symptoms: pain with swallowing, perspiration, puffiness eyelids, conjunctivitis, cough, plaque white in the form of films and threads on the palatine tonsils, as well as coarse-grained rash. As soon as the first alarming symptoms of the disease appear, the patient needs to seek medical help, since the risk of developing pneumonia is high.
This pathology is characterized by damage to the bronchi and lungs. And most often it occurs in children, provoking their development of bronchitis and pneumonia. First, the patient has a little fever, there is a runny nose, cough, perspiration and sore throat. Then the patient's condition may worsen, as evidenced by the appearance of the following symptoms:
These signs indicate the development of severe complications - bronchitis or pneumonia.
Symptoms of this type of SARS strongly resemble the flu, but for parainfluenza, the heavier upper respiratory tract infection and prolonged course are characteristic. This disease develops gradually, and already on the fourth day there may be complications - pneumonia or bronchitis. Therefore, as soon as the first symptoms appear, you need to see a doctor.
Signs of this ARVI are as follows:
Sometimes, due to the swelling of the vocal cords and their reflex spasm, breathing difficulties may occur.
Influenza is common in both adults and children, especially during the cold season. This disease begins, as a rule, acute, with a rise in temperature to 38-40 degrees and the appearance of severe symptoms of intoxication: the headache pain (and it is localized mainly in the region of the temples, superciliary arches and forehead), weakness, aches in the joints and throughout the body, weakness.
Then there are symptoms of trachea and bronchial involvement - dry cough, perspiration and sore throat, pain and sore throat. The face and neck of the patient become hyperemic, nasal breathing is difficult. Arterial blood pressure decreases slightly, and the heart rate, on the contrary, increases. Sometimes there are nosebleeds and herpes on the wings of the nose and lips.
In adults, fever can persist for five days, after which the patient's condition begins to improve. But this does not always happen, because the flu can cause serious complications, for example, such dangerous as infectious-toxic shock or pneumonia.
The most attention should be paid to the elderly people who are ill with the flu, because they have the highest risk of complications. At them on a background of an infection the existing chronic pathologies can become aggravated, that will essentially worsen their state of health. Influenza is also dangerous for children up to a year, so they should be watched very carefully for their well-being.
The child's face becomes hyperemic. The nose of it will be laid, from it there can be plentiful allocation. The baby has perspiration and sore throat, lacrimation, pain in the eyes, and dry or wet cough. When these signs appear in children, you should consult a doctor who knows which symptoms are characteristic for this or that variety of ARVI, and therefore, can establish the correct diagnosis and appoint treatment.
Signs of acute respiratory infections, which require urgent medical help
To many people, ARVI does not seem to be a very serious disease, but this is not at all the case. Symptoms of SARS sometimes take a very dangerous nature. Calling an ambulance is recommended in the following cases:
Such varieties of ARVI as influenza can lead to complications, especially in elderly people and in young children. And those who suffer from serious chronic diseases (diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular diseases and respiratory pathology), there is a danger of their exacerbation. Complications worsen the prognosis of the disease. and sometimes even become a cause of death.
© 2019 Symptoms and treatment. All rights reserved